Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

will nissan do alignment with suspension mods?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 06:25 PM
anubyss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will nissan do alignment with suspension mods?

I recently put some lmgt4 on and the rear camber is noticeably off (negative). I am lowered about one inch or so with HKS Hypermax 2. Now, from what I've been reading, I should have an alignment done first correct? Then buy either front or rear camber kit as needed. One question I have is about the SPC bolt for the rear toe adjustment. Does it NEED adjustment? I mean is it a typical thing for cars lowered with new wheels or there is no way to tell unless I have an alignment done. So most people do 2 alignments when they get their suspension setup? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:25 PM
Audito350Z

I doubt you will get a free alignment, but any dealership will do an alignment. I just had an alignment done Friday... the rear camber is set to -2.5 and the toe is set to factory spec. In the front, no camber adjustment is available, but I like the -1.5 I'm getting from the Eibach springs. I did have the front toe set back to factory spec.

You will need an alignment after you have the springs installed, but wheels make no difference at all on camber, toe or any other suspension setting. The wider rear tires make the rear camber more noticible, but they don't add or subtract camber.

Unless you really want to run more front camber, there no need to buy adjustable front control arms. You can get the rear back to factory spec camber without any aftermarket kits. From the look sof things the other day... I probably could have gotten more than -3.0 rear camber if I'd asked for it, but that is hard on tires.

Cheers,

PeteH
Old 05-23-2005, 07:39 PM
anubyss

Really? I didn't know they had that much adjustability from the factory. This is very good news indeed as I was contemplating the Kinetix rear camber kit. The front wheels looks fine (well by eye sight anyway) so I am sure I won't need a kit for the front. I was just concerned with the rear wheels.