Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

355 mm Brembo vs 355 mm Stoptech vs Brembo Stock

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 01:28 PM
Kolia

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZPirate
What I said was insulting was this portion of your comment:

If in fact you have a BBK you are insulting yourself. Go figure that!
THis is just Nanos colour full and sarcastic sense of humor. Just smile
Old 09-27-2005, 02:33 PM
thawk408

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nano
JRitt is trying to sell is stuff, there is nothing pathetic in what he's doing. As matter of fact, he's a helpfull member of this community as far as I know, and I never said they sold bad brakes.

I know people who use stoptech brakes, and some of them aren't as butt-hurt as you to admit that their 14.1" front/rear brakes actually killed performance more than anything else. Pathetic is the HYPE generated by big brakes. 350z community has the "brembo" complex because everyone who doesn't have brembos on their cars feels unendowed... so they run and compensate their tinny pecker syndrome with these absolutely USELESS brake upgrade and then justify their decision with "hey! I they are racing brakes". Stoptech capitalizes on that more than any other community (except maybe E46m3, where the stock brakes suck.

Grandam Ford mustang GTs still run the stock rear brakes(with front Brembos). I believe they are doing well. And what may work for unitech doesn't necessarily work for others 350z.

BTW, since Stoptech seems to be the only "voice" in this discussion, I hope you will have the decency to let people who believe/know otherwise have their say. Thanks
First off, I still have the stock brembos. These do me just fine and my last track event I even used the factory pads (not such a good idea, but it worked). I have thought about upgraded to bigger brakes down the road once I get to the point where the stockers aren't doing it for me. I have looked at all the brands and don't exactly know which way I will go. I am not the type of person to buy stuff based on hype.

I do have the decency to let you voice your oppionion and voice it all you want. I just did not see the need for you to insult Jritt or other memebers.

Last edited by thawk408; 09-27-2005 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, I think one thing that also seperates Stoptech from the rest is price.

If I went BBK, it would be stoptech because it's the most bang for the buck.

For $5K you get
-355x32mm front and rear rotors
-4 pot calipers
-zinc coated slotted 2 piece aero rotors (w/ pillar vane tech) (X-drilled goes to $5.2K)
-any freakin color caliper you want, almost
-SS front and rear brake lines
-motul rbf 600 brake fluid (I think that's still included in their BBK)

How much would all that stuff cost if you bought it from Brembo or another company...probably 2x as much!
Old 09-27-2005, 03:18 PM
J Ritt

I don't get where all of the hype is about our BBK's. The reason why we are extremely successful in the non-Track 350Z and E46 M3 markets is because both of these platforms come with rather poor spec brakes from the factory! Most owners of these cars quickly find that their stock brakes do not hold up to the abuse of the racetrack. As I said before, Track Brembos are much better than what is on most cars. The E46 M3 brakes are weaker by a longshot relative to that platform.

Some of the other factors why people choose us...

1. Technical knowledge, development, and testing- our kits undergo vigorous testing, and are custom designed for every application with the proper piston sizing and balance.
2. Customer support- We jump through hoops to make sure our customers get the right product for them, and that they have a pleasant ownership experience.
3. Reasonable prices- Extremely high quality parts at roughly 15-20% less cost than our primary competitors (Brembo, AP, Alcon)
4. Race-Proven (just for you Nano)- We only sell one line of parts. We don't have any watered down street BBK's. All components on the pro race cars are identical to what we sell to our street customers. Our customers know that no matter what they throw at their brakes, the brakes have already probably seen worse.
5. Replacement parts available and reasonably priced- Many, many pad choices for street and track (20+ pad compounds for our 4 piston), and replacement prices that are much less than competition.
6. Company of enthusiasts- StopTech won't even hire someone unless they are an enthusiast. We all track our own cars, and eat, sleep, and breathe cars and racing. We thoroughly enjoy seeing our customers thrash our products at the track.

I can assure you that there isn't another brake manufacturer in the market that provides the overall support that we do for our customers. The most you'll get from some of our competitors when asking a tech question, or for a product recommendation is an, "I don't know." To some people, these factors are more important than the name brand. Given that cars using our brakes are winning races and championships at the highest level of production-based pro racing, there's really no shame in our brand name either!

Love350Z....shhhhh....don't tell anyone this...but I know a guy...who knows a guy...that actually works for StopTech! He said that if I say nice things about StopTech, he'll give me a coupon for a free Happy Meal at McDonalds. Keep that on the low-down, I mean the down-low! SSSshhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Sorry, I simply couldn't resist.

Last edited by J Ritt; 09-27-2005 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:38 PM
Resolute

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So, has the article actually been proven yet? This is a lot of arguing over semantics and preferences with no real test data to ignite such a long-winded debate. Love 350z, where is the test??
Will
Old 09-27-2005, 05:31 PM
love_350z
Banned

Originally Posted by J Ritt
Love350Z....shhhhh....don't tell anyone this...but I know a guy...who knows a guy...that actually works for StopTech! He said that if I say nice things about StopTech, he'll give me a coupon for a free Happy Meal at McDonalds. Keep that on the low-down, I mean the down-low! SSSshhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Pardon me, I think very straight forward. I am only 17. LOL.
Just like you, I love Happy Meal at McDonalds.

But please dont use smoke screen fallacy to respond to my question . Let me repeat my question again: You've mentioned how great Stoptech BBK is compared to Stock Brembo,
Why are you avoiding comparing ur Stoptech 328 mm or 355 mm BBK with Brembo 328 mm or 355 mm BBK?

I dont mind if you could just say "I can't answer you that question".

You keep claiming that Stoptech has the best customer support. Really? You can't even maintain your website probably. There's broken links all over the place. IF you can't even maintain your own self, how can you expect to have good customer support.
Here's an example of broken link from stoptech website: Or you can go to 350z front brake line installation manual link, this is what you get

http://8.7.96.35/tech_info/manuals_b...2009-16-04.pdf

Last edited by love_350z; 09-27-2005 at 05:39 PM.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:42 PM
John

Originally Posted by love_350z
Comparing Brembo Brand vs Stoptech Brand is like comparing Porche 911 vs Toyota Corolla

I am not sure which one is corolla which one is Porche (just the brand).
Pardon me, I think very straight forward. I am only 17. LOL.
Wow, this is a revelation...
Old 09-27-2005, 05:46 PM
love_350z
Banned

Originally Posted by Resolute
So, has the article actually been proven yet? This is a lot of arguing over semantics and preferences with no real test data to ignite such a long-winded debate. Love 350z, where is the test??
Will
A friend of mine told me about his article.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:53 PM
350zroadster

Come here and find out for urself.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143212

That brake kit is his just as much as kcobean's Turbonetics 350Z is his brother's

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/144164-red-hot-350z-check-out-this-cool-ride.html

I mean, how retarded do you have to be to lie about a mod's car? BTW love_350z you asked why do people take internet forum seriously, well this is the reason, you lose credibility that is so hard to earn. One chance, that's all you get. If you don't want to take internet forum seriously then you shouldn't mind me calling you a lying cheap bastard, it's only internet.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:53 PM
EnthuZ
Banned

Love, I find it VERY hard to believe you have a friend!

FWIW....I have over 30 track days on my Stoptech BBK, and it is simply awesome. Many have upgraded their OEM Brembos to the better Stoptech brakes, with great results.

Sh*t, I found a GT2 Porsche that trashed his Porsche Brembos for Stoptech upgraded brakes!

Love......talking trash about a subject you know squat about will not make you many friends.

3 friends of mine, along with myself......just returned from a 2 day HPDE at Road America. All of us successfully ran an assortment of Stoptech set-ups, and we all had NO problems!

THEY WORK!
Old 09-27-2005, 08:38 PM
love_350z
Banned

Originally Posted by 350zroadster

That brake kit is his just as much as kcobean's Turbonetics 350Z is his brother's

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144164

I mean, how retarded do you have to be to lie about a mod's car? BTW love_350z you asked why do people take internet forum seriously, well this is the reason, you lose credibility that is so hard to earn. One chance, that's all you get. If you don't want to take internet forum seriously then you shouldn't mind me calling you a lying cheap bastard, it's only internet.
Edited for content

Last edited by DavesZ#3; 09-28-2005 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:40 PM
love_350z
Banned

Originally Posted by EnthuZ
Love, I find it VERY hard to believe you have a friend!

FWIW....I have over 30 track days on my Stoptech BBK, and it is simply awesome. Many have upgraded their OEM Brembos to the better Stoptech brakes, with great results.

Sh*t, I found a GT2 Porsche that trashed his Porsche Brembos for Stoptech upgraded brakes!

Love......talking trash about a subject you know squat about will not make you many friends.

3 friends of mine, along with myself......just returned from a 2 day HPDE at Road America. All of us successfully ran an assortment of Stoptech set-ups, and we all had NO problems!

THEY WORK!
Edited for content

Last edited by DavesZ#3; 09-28-2005 at 12:03 PM.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:09 PM
thawk408

Edited for content
Someone please ban.....

Last edited by DavesZ#3; 09-28-2005 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:00 PM
dmoffitt

Originally Posted by sentry65
Also the track brakes are the same exact brake used on EVO's, STI's and many other cars too but are given different part numbers so that brembo can keep control over the price of the "EVO brembos" vs "Z brembos" etc depending on how the market moves.
dead f---ing wrong. my roomate has an evo and a couple of friends, STis. guess what, i work at a shop. pad part#s don't match, and we all did our brakes (hawk hps) during the same weekend, hmm, funny, our pads aren't even CLOSE to the same (evo/sti are far bigger, actually much closer / the same as the Brembo big-reds I have on my Porsche 944 Turbo track car). our Z 'stock' brembos are a bit small and tend to fade after REPEATED 120-60 stops, but on the street they are PLENTY. I only wish there was a BBK that fit under 17s for year-round use...

re brembo vs stoptech, i have a relationship w/ a local stoptech dealer and several of his customers, um. their parts SCARE me. clearances, fitment, bracket quality, all of that is rather sketchy, at least on the Audi S4 and a few other parts i have seen in person / used. brembo was good enough for porsche oem, good enough on my track car at 160+, and seem good enough on my Z...
Old 09-28-2005, 07:46 AM
J Ritt

Not sure how exactly our parts are sketchy. Who is your local StopTech reseller? Our kits are true bolt-on, unlike most of our competitors. You don't have to use a stack of shims, etc. Each part is custom designed and manufactured. Take a look at the install manuals on our website (which BTW are far better than any other company provides).

We've passed TUV in Europe with many of our kits, and our components had to go through many times the normal load cycles to pass these tests. Also, Toyota sells our BBK's as their OEM TRD brand. Do you really think the #1 car company in the world would be buying our parts and putting them on their vehicles if they were at all sketchy or not well-made? They got to that point because they have very high quality standards. They wouldn't have billions per year in profits if they were putting sketchy parts on their cars.

Our 332mm BBK fits under many 17" wheels, including the stock 17's. It's the same kit that's on the Unitech 350Z's in GAC.

Victor, please make Mr. Love350 go bye-bye. That type of talk has no place here, or on any public forum for that matter. Thank you.

Last edited by J Ritt; 09-28-2005 at 07:49 AM.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:39 AM
Landbarger

A friend of mine told me about his article.
Must have explained it in some detail...and thanks for the link love, if you're not banned please let us know if a forum member bought them off of you. You must understand, after giving everyone's mom blow jobs and claiming kcobean's car belonged to your brother...well...I don't believe anything you post.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:04 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Banned
Old 09-28-2005, 10:14 AM
John

Originally Posted by Landbarger
Must have explained it in some detail...and thanks for the link love, if you're not banned please let us know if a forum member bought them off of you. You must understand, after giving everyone's mom blow jobs and claiming kcobean's car belonged to your brother...well...I don't believe anything you post.
LOL, I hadn't heard about this...
Old 09-28-2005, 01:17 PM
ZPirate

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Wazowski
Banned
Thanks!
Old 09-28-2005, 04:53 PM
King Tut

Originally Posted by Wazowski
Banned
Nice to see it. Now back to the original post. I actually have the infamous SCC magazine in my positon. I plan to read it on the plane ride home tommorow. I will let you guys know what I think of it.

Quick Reply: 355 mm Brembo vs 355 mm Stoptech vs Brembo Stock