Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

355 mm Brembo vs 355 mm Stoptech vs Brembo Stock

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 06:29 PM
350zroadster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by love_350z
Edited for content

damn, wish I knew what wrote, oh well, life goes on.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:31 PM
dmoffitt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by J Ritt
Not sure how exactly our parts are sketchy. Who is your local StopTech reseller? Our kits are true bolt-on, unlike most of our competitors.
To start, the fact that on a friend's B5-based S4 they scraped the inside of the stock wheels and SSR Comps? The fact that the four-wheel kit was WAAAAAAAAY too huge for the master cyl and the pedal feel was miserable? Look, I don't want to mention names / dealers and step on anyone's toes since the dealer here is an AWESOME guy and sells great products overall, its just I have not exactly gotten warm-fuzzies off the brake kits after seeing that. It's interesting since people LOVE THEM on this board / our car, I'm just rather skeptical.

I certainly am not trying to slander your brand and am willing to accept that it was an anomaly or that things have improved - if you want to keep discussing this, send me a PM - heck, I'd be more than willing to work something out with your company and the local vendor to (at my shared expense) document / photograph / asses a pair and give an honest assessment of fitment, build quality, install ease/difficulties or clarity of instructions (I agree - after checking out the online install guides you guys DO have a winner there). I work at a shop who has done a number of brake kits, very few were Brembo or Stoptech actually, many of our customers choose Wilwood or AP but I'm open to options... I'm obviously a little biased since I have two cars sporting Brembos (both which had them stock, the 951 I put bigger Brembos on since... well, it's stock fitment and an easier swap) - but I'm not brand loyal so much as performance-loyal.

Originally Posted by J Ritt
Victor, please make Mr. Love350 go bye-bye. That type of talk has no place here, or on any public forum for that matter. Thank you.
agreed, that was 100% uncalled for.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:18 AM
thawk408

Originally Posted by dmoffitt
dead f---ing wrong. my roomate has an evo and a couple of friends, STis. guess what, i work at a shop. pad part#s don't match, and we all did our brakes (hawk hps) during the same weekend, hmm, funny, our pads aren't even CLOSE to the same (evo/sti are far bigger, actually much closer / the same as the Brembo big-reds I have on my Porsche 944 Turbo track car). our Z 'stock' brembos are a bit small and tend to fade after REPEATED 120-60 stops, but on the street they are PLENTY. I only wish there was a BBK that fit under 17s for year-round use...
After looking at the STI brembos and the Z brembos, it seems like our calipers look similar to the ones used in the 13" Gran Turismo kit and the STI calipers looks similar to the ones used in the 14" Gran Turismo kit. I wounder how much better the caliper is and if it is possible to do a swap......
Old 09-29-2005, 12:01 PM
TK2005

Well, since you guys banned Love, I feel the need to pick up the argument in his place.

You guys are great big doody heads. I find that the BBK on my brother's Enzo is far Superior to yours. He actually upgraded from the stockers. What I do is hit the gym 5 days a week only doing squats. I have some size 12 (that's right, I'm packin) Nike Shox and a new hole in the floorboard. I call this method FlintShox.

Oh yea, I almost forgot. Please don't ban me.

Last edited by TK2005; 09-29-2005 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:02 PM
spf4000

Originally Posted by TK2005
Well, since you guys banned Love, I feel the need to pick up the argument in his place.

You guys are great big doody heads. I find that the BBK on my brother's Enzo is far Superior to yours. He actually upgraded from the stockers. What I do is hit the gym 5 days a week only doing squats. I have some size 12 (that's right, I'm packin) Nike Shox and a new hole in the floorboard. I call this method FlintShox.

Oh yea, I almost forgot. Please don't ban me.
Ban! Ban! j/k
Old 09-29-2005, 02:15 PM
dmoffitt

rofl
Old 09-30-2005, 06:47 AM
King Tut

Originally Posted by dmoffitt
rofl

Still haven't had time to read the actual SCC article, but I will get to it.