Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Anyone have Tokico Dspec shocks with hotchkis springs installed?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 08:24 PM
MrFurioso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have Tokico Dspec shocks with hotchkis springs installed?

anybody? any comments on how it feels? thanks
Old 10-10-2005, 08:40 PM
ZZtopp

Yes. Great combo of ride and handling.....and the drop is just right.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:36 AM
Oleg

ZZtop, now that you have revealed your suspension setup, what is your driving style, what were you trying to get out of your suspension when you went with Hotchkis and what are the roads where you live are like? It is obvious from your setup that your project is well funded and you did not cheap out on anything, so you definately must have a reason for chosing what you chose. Please help me decide between RSR and Hotchkis springs.
Thank you
Old 10-11-2005, 09:51 AM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by Oleg
ZZtop, now that you have revealed your suspension setup, what is your driving style, what were you trying to get out of your suspension when you went with Hotchkis and what are the roads where you live are like? It is obvious from your setup that your project is well funded and you did not cheap out on anything, so you definately must have a reason for chosing what you chose. Please help me decide between RSR and Hotchkis springs.
Thank you
I don't track the car and it's not my daily driver, but I did want a suspension that would allow me some fun in the twisties, yet not punish me either. With the Tokicos set at about mid-range, I've found what I think is the ideal setting. I had the Konis and H-Techs on prior to the current setup, and the handling and ride seem about 50% better now.

The springs are more of a cosmetic thing than anything else, with a drop that looks good but doesn't preclude me from driving over speed bumps. The spring rates are similar to stock, but these springs/shocks did completely eliminate the bounce that the 2003 suspension was prone to. Vegas has decent roads, so potholes caused by icy winters are not an issue.

Last edited by ZZtopp; 10-11-2005 at 11:40 AM.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:31 AM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

subscribing. ive got hotchkis springs and sways and will have my tokico shocks installed in the next few weeks.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:25 PM
Oleg

ZZtop, I am convinced b/c my car in not a daily driver either, and if I ever do track it, it will be in its street setup, so Hotchkis it is. I already have their sways anyway and am very happy with them. A streetable, easy to ride car that can stay in turns at acceleration induced by the APS TT.... Sounds nice.
Thanks for the info.