Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Top Secret Brakes???? ( Brembo 8-pot... what rotors???)

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 09:01 AM
DRFTR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Secret Brakes???? ( Brembo 8-pot... what rotors???)

I am currently talking with brembo to try a set of their 8-pot setup for the front and transfer my stock brembo's to the rear... I've seen numerous shots of the Top Secret and Big Black Track with the 8-pot setup... however i have a LS Track and the rotors on Top Secrets vehicle match IDENTICALLY... anyone who may know which rotor they're using??? Brake Pros has a Slotted setup that looks very similar...???
Old 11-29-2005, 05:18 PM
Oleg

The 8 pot kit for the front is almost 5 grand (did my homework on it too). Will you get THAT much improvemnt from it? How often do you deccelerate from 150 mph anyway. I once had to slam the brakes going 110-120 (13" Brembo GT on front, stock non-Brembo on back with drilled rotors and better pads) and the control was exellent. I was actually able to avoid a collision by going around it WHILE almost standing on the brake pedal (close call that was...). You probably know this already, but the number of calipers does not affect the clamping force on the brake, it just distributes it more evenly over the pad. Nor do you actually slow down with your brakes, its your tyres making contact that slow you down. So do yourself a favor, at least in my opinion, if you absolutely MUST spent that $, then get a plain old Brembo GT upgrade on the front, upgrade the rotors and pads on the back and invest the rest on top of your wheel/tyre/fender budget. Stuff both ends with as much rubber (widthwise) as possible but don't stagger it too much, make them as close to each other's wiidth as possible. You'll achive much more this way, as opposed to depleting your bank account on that overkill. But if I'm wrong, please correct me.

Looking at Top Secret is a bad idea, these guys make a living on building cars on an unlimited budget using most prestigeous brands' flagship parts. Why do you think they paint their cars gold when they are done? (This paint itself is almost 500$/quart, goes really well with a 400$ set of bonnet dampers... )

Last edited by Oleg; 11-29-2005 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:02 PM
DRFTR

The car is going to be primarily for SHOW... but you're right... the larger # of pistons in the caliper does not necessarily mean better stopping power... I've looked at the Project Mu... Rotora.. Stoptech... and GT Brembo... all of which are practical and very functional for tracking and daily driving... if i can find the rotors to fit inside the existing Brembo's i'll probably just do that... The stock Brembo on the Z have been fantastic IMO... If i FI the car i'm going to run 19x9.5 and 19x10.5 repspectfully... otherwise... for show i may go up to 20"s

Thank again for the info... pm me and let me knwo the pricing you found on the GT Brembo's and from where... it's hard to find good deals over here on the E coast