Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

TAROX 4-wheel brake system.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 02:17 PM
Oleg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TAROX 4-wheel brake system.

I heard the company's name in the 12-pot brake thread and followed up with them. This this the info that I have found and I would like to share it with you in case you are intrested.

The front/rear kits are virtualy identical. Each kit consists of 10-piston calipers, 2 piece slotted rotors (350X26 front, 350X22 rear), SS brake lines, pads, mounting brackets. The system was initially developed for the R33 Skyline and will fit on 18" wheel cars. The price is 2450 euro for front and 2400 euro for back. FYI 1 euro=1.17$. Fedex shipping is included.
The parts are shipped from a warehouse in UK. It takes a couple of days to ship replacement pads and about a week to ship replacement rotors. Since there is no US dealer, we would have to deal with them directly.
This seems on par with the Endless 4-wheel racing brake kit, yet it's almost 2000$ cheaper. If someone is to go all out with a 4-wheel Stoptech setup you may pay a bit more and get these...
Anyway, I have asked them if a group buy would be possible if this post would generate some kind of response (not-negative). If anyone would potentially be intrested, post here.

More info can be found on their website: www.tarox.com

They can be contacted for things like the brake templates, product pictures, etc. I looked at their page they make products for many high-end cars, so they cannot be that bad.

Oh, and if someone has any input on their quality, please share.

Last edited by Oleg; 12-05-2005 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Oleg

Got a reply from TAROX. They mentioned that a group discount is possible depending on number of buyers (duh!!!!).
Anyway, would anyone be intrested in the full kit or just the front or whatever? I'm probably going to bite the bullet and attempt to acqire them...
Old 12-07-2005, 07:22 PM
Vamos_Rafael

wow 10pot...
stoptechs are like 6 pot front...
what is the difference between 6 vs 10 pots?
Old 12-07-2005, 07:32 PM
NiSmO D1X

they look pretty nice, but is it really necessary to have that many pistons, I know some of us race but to that extent.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:33 PM
Oleg

Originally Posted by jvanquish
wow 10pot...
stoptechs are like 6 pot front...
what is the difference between 6 vs 10 pots?
Originally Posted by NiSmO D1X
they look pretty nice, but is it really necessary to have that many pistons, I know some of us race but to that extent.
Stoptech in actually 4-pot I believe, but I may be wrong. If you want to know the difference, take the car to 120mph and hit the brakes hard.

The theory is that the more pistons your calipers contain, the more evenly is the locking power distributed over the brake disc. But if your tires cannot hook up in these conditions, then a thousand pot brakes would not have helped, even if they existed.

The reason why I am posting this up is that if you are in a market for a BBK, the Tarox front set is about 2500 euro, which is less the 3000 USD, which is in same range as the Brembo GT, Stoptech, etc, so I think that this is a good alternative. I mean, if you are going to pay a given sum, may as well get the most for it, no?

However I haven't spoken to anyne who uses Tarox products so there is nothing I know on their quality.

Oh, and I have nothing to do with Tarox in terms of being their distributor or anything. In fact they don't even have a US distributor, so this is definately a downfall, if you have a problem with them you have to deal with someone all the way in Italy.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:23 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

i contacted them over a year ago about their brakes, but I lost interest after researching them, seems alot of people have a problem with their rotors warping. So im still leaning towards zeal

Last edited by ihatethatbobbarker; 12-08-2005 at 09:24 PM. Reason: cold medicine does funny things
Old 12-09-2005, 06:14 AM
Oleg

Originally Posted by ihatethatbobbarker
i contacted them over a year ago about their brakes, but I lost interest after researching them, seems alot of people have a problem with their rotors warping. So im still leaning towards zeal
Thank you. As of now I lost mine as well....