Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Installed My Arizona Z Car Wilwood 6-Piston 13" BBK

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 03:37 PM
jimster716

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed My Arizona Z Car Wilwood 6-Piston 13" BBK

After much personal debate I decided on the Arizona Z Car Wilwood 13" front BBK. The great price, reputation of Wilwood, and simple curiosity made my decision for me. Thanks to Dave at Arizona Z Car for his help and pleasant transaction.

Before anyone asks how they feel I'll just say my car stops just fine at the redlight...I won't BS anyone talking about bite or fade free from street driving. It's impossible to say how effective they are until I take my car back out on to the track sometime in January.

Anyways, the pieces are beefy...the 13" WW vented and slotted rotors are 35mm thick! Bracket is solid with a very nice anodized finish. The kit comes with SS braided brake lines which were used although I already had Earl's line installed a couple of years ago.

Project U B-Force pads I cooked at the last track day on the woefully inadequate OEM 2003 front brakes. Plenty of thickness but nothing but powdered cr@p
Old 12-17-2005, 03:50 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up

First class looking kit. Thanks for the photos.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:18 PM
DBZ33

That looks like a great kit. I wish they had a 14" rotor upgrade.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:38 PM
Havok_RLS2

Please keeps us posted on your review. Currently there is a thread on the forum discussing a DIY kit using this very same setup. Please do a search for the thread and give us your input.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:18 PM
protocav

dude...f the brakes, let see some pics of your duc.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:50 PM
jimster716

Originally Posted by protocav
dude...f the brakes, let see some pics of your duc.
LOL it's a 748 and it's not mine. My buddy, who runs the shop my car was at, owns the Ducati. It got rolled at the track so it's out of action for a bit. There's an R6 back there too that got damaged more including the rider who broke his hand. These guys not only sell/install the stuff, they rip the crap outta their rides at the track be it bike or car. The install tech I've known for years and is an outstanding driver himself (SCCA Solo2) including stints driving for TeinUSA at events. That's why I trust these guys, they'll tell it to me straight from their own professional experience.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:05 PM
jimster716

Originally Posted by Havok_RLS2
Please keeps us posted on your review. Currently there is a thread on the forum discussing a DIY kit using this very same setup. Please do a search for the thread and give us your input.
I'm aware of the thread you speak of. I will gladly offer my input once I get on the track next month. I'll consider my purchase to be worth it if my brakes don't fade nearly as much as the OEMs over the course of a session and if I can brake later entering a turn ultimately improving my road confidence. I also hope to assess brake bias rearend behavior now that only the fronts have been changed and also vehicle behavior in trailbraking. But it would be unfair to compare the kit to any other since I won't have other alternatives to compare obviously but hopefully I'll have information of some use to others.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:08 AM
protocav

Originally Posted by jimster716
LOL it's a 748 and it's not mine. My buddy, who runs the shop my car was at, owns the Ducati. It got rolled at the track so it's out of action for a bit. There's an R6 back there too that got damaged more including the rider who broke his hand. These guys not only sell/install the stuff, they rip the crap outta their rides at the track be it bike or car. The install tech I've known for years and is an outstanding driver himself (SCCA Solo2) including stints driving for TeinUSA at events. That's why I trust these guys, they'll tell it to me straight from their own professional experience.
yep, i have the same motorcycle crash stories too, that is why i got out of riding.

your brakes look fantastic. sorry to hijack. enjoy!