Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 11:38 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by J Ritt
JETPILOT,
As for our six piston and "stopping power," please see this thread:
https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension/174294-stoptech-s-6piston-beauuuuttyyyy.html
We released the kit because people asked for it, but it's by no means a necessity, and only has limited benefits for certain people over our four piston kits.
nice way of saying "OWNED"

You're laughing about this situation, but doesn't it concern you that you're being used as a guinea pig on this product? It is possible that a wrong caliper can go out the door, but every product has a standard Bill Of Materials (BOM), which should be sorted out for this product if it's going to retail. They should be able to look at the BOM, see what the correct caliper is, and give you one. Since this is not the case, it's obvious that this kit has never been test-fitted on a car, let alone actually tested for performance...yet it was shipped to you as a finished product! BTW, this is not the first time this has happened with a Rotora kit on the 350Z.
This would definitely concern me, and I tend to have a "VERY GOOD MEMORY" when it comes to making recommendations to other users about products that aren't up to par. Sorry Rotora but this bad fitment is simply bad publicity.

Last edited by Wired 24/7; 03-02-2006 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:07 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agreed with that. I just talked to Loren at Rotora and he confirmed that the bracket was off about .5" due to the an error in CNC program. Doh..He asks for one week to cut a new bracket and send to me. I have a choice of send back the kit for a full refund or wait for the new bracket and i CHOOSE to wait. No big deal to me.

I have their 14" kit with 355mm rotor as few other members here have them and there is NO PROBLEM. Just this one too new (380mm/405mm).
Old 03-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
nice way of saying "OWNED"

This would definitely concern me, and I tend to have a "VERY GOOD MEMORY" when it comes to making recommendations to other users about products that aren't up to par. Sorry Rotora but this bad fitment is simply bad publicity.
to be on the fair side, their 2/4/6/8 kit with 355mm rotor WORKS PERFECT. Will i still recommend other people for those config? Yes. Will i recommend the new 380/405mm rotor? Maybe. In addition, if you notice, i always recommend Stoptech for people that track the car and Rotora for daily drive.

Last edited by Bubble; 03-02-2006 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:39 PM
VN_350z
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bubble,
You're laughing about this situation, but doesn't it concern you that you're being used as a guinea pig on this product? It is possible that a wrong caliper can go out the door, but every product has a standard Bill Of Materials (BOM), which should be sorted out for this product if it's going to retail. They should be able to look at the BOM, see what the correct caliper is, and give you one. Since this is not the case, it's obvious that this kit has never been test-fitted on a car, let alone actually tested for performance...yet it was shipped to you as a finished product! BTW, this is not the first time this has happened with a Rotora kit on the 350Z. An almost identical situation occurred about 2 years ago when they were introducing their first kits for the Z. The kit had massive pad overhang due to poor design and fitment. I'd be very leary about the performance/safety of this kit. I can't imagine what the piston sizing and balance of this kit is if Rotora's "not sure about the spec," and they've already shipped one to a customer. This is one of the biggest problems with the aftermarket in our country...no standards. Too bad we don't have a system like TUV to weed out this sort of thing. We're not talking about headrest monitors here, we're talking about a safety item...please be careful.

JETPILOT,
As for our six piston and "stopping power," please see this thread:
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174294
We released the kit because people asked for it, but it's by no means a necessity, and only has limited benefits for certain people over our four piston kits.
It seems that Stoptech is superior to Rotora in term of testing and engineering BBK product....piston size, correct caliber, safety,ect...
That's very good news comming straight from Stoptech guy.
But, how do you know Rotora didn't test their products as well as Stoptech?
How does Stoptech compare to to Brembo?
Old 03-02-2006, 06:25 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Originally Posted by VN_350z

hehehe...my case here dude. their new 15" kit.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:10 PM
VN_350z
Banned

Originally Posted by Bubble
hehehe...my case here dude. their new 15" kit.

I m supposed to back up fellow vn.
Thang Stoptech noi' chuyen hoi phach' loi'
Old 03-02-2006, 07:32 PM
J Ritt

It seems that Stoptech is superior to Rotora in term of testing and engineering BBK product....piston size, correct caliber, safety,ect...
That's very good news comming straight from Stoptech guy.
How does Stoptech compare to to Brembo?
I've been through all of this countless times on this forum. Do a search for "stoptech testing" and you'll find all your answers and then some. Manufacturing mistakes do happen to everyone at some point or another, so I'm not going to dwell on this issue anymore. Just do your homework and think things through.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Manufacturing mistakes do happen to everyone at some point or another, .
VERY TRUE. That why i give them a chance to make it right. If they can't, Here i come Stoptech.

BTW, let me rephrase the term "they are not sure about the spec". It is an error on their CNC program on the bracket of the caliper for the new 380mm rotor. So please do not jump in and bashing Rotora. As J Ritt said, Manufacturing mistakes do happen to everyone.

Last edited by Bubble; 03-02-2006 at 08:56 PM.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:14 PM
VN_350z
Banned

I've been through all of this countless times on this forum. Do a search for "stoptech testing" and you'll find all your answers and then some. Manufacturing mistakes do happen to everyone at some point or another, so I'm not going to dwell on this issue anymore. Just do your homework and think things through.
Smoke screen fallacy! Stil have not answered my question regarding Brembo.
Why hesitate to talk about big Brembo guy and pick on little guy like Rotora?

Anyways, Stoptech has some really good looking BBK. Some of my friends even say that Stoptech ST-40 calibers look exactly like Brembo BBK calibers. The overall shape of the caliber, the brake line goes along side of the caliber,ect..... What's your thought on this? You dont think it happens by accident, do you?

Microsoft got rich stealing other people ideas and make them better. Just a thought.

Here are the pictures. See the resemblance???? Wonder who invented caliber first?
Attached Thumbnails anyone here use 8pistons kit yet?-kit_parts.jpg   anyone here use 8pistons kit yet?-silver_brembo_gt1.jpg  

Last edited by VN_350z; 03-02-2006 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:15 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

VN_350z,

speaking of Brembo, any hook up on their big kit bro?
Old 03-02-2006, 09:22 PM
VN_350z
Banned

Originally Posted by Bubble
VN_350z,

speaking of Brembo, any hook up on their big kit bro?
Sorry...I am not a Brembo guy. I dont have any brembo kit to hook you up
Old 03-03-2006, 08:15 AM
J Ritt

Smoke screen fallacy! Stil have not answered my question regarding Brembo.
Why hesitate to talk about big Brembo guy and pick on little guy like Rotora?

Anyways, Stoptech has some really good looking BBK. Some of my friends even say that Stoptech ST-40 calibers look exactly like Brembo BBK calibers. The overall shape of the caliber, the brake line goes along side of the caliber,ect..... What's your thought on this? You dont think it happens by accident, do you?

Microsoft got rich stealing other people ideas and make them better. Just a thought.

Here are the pictures. See the resemblance???? Wonder who invented caliber first?
Ummmm...yah. It sure looks like you're a Brembo guy. As I said, do a search. I've talked about Brembo on this board plenty of times. If I've already said it, why waste my time repeating myself when you can use the search function? That's what it's there for. If you have any specifics to discuss after you've done your homework, I'd be happy to do so.

Have you ever heard of the phrase, "damning with faint praise?" That's what you're doing with your indirect insults. If you look closely at the two caliPers side by side, you'll see that the products are very different. Read our product overview section http://www.stoptech.com/products/BBK/summary.shtml , then go to Brembo's: http://www.racetechnologies.com/catalog/ That should clear everything up.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:22 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

first of all it is spelled "caliper", not "caliber" - that's for guns

Second, exactly how many different ways can you shape a <sic> "caliber"

if you look at all of them in a row in pics like you posted - they ALL look very similar, just different colors. If you take the time to study what makes them up, you find the differences. I bet dollars to donuts if you took the AP that I run, and Endless caliper, a Stoptech, a Brembo, a Tar Ox, a Rotora and lines them all up and painted them, let's say red, they all would look very similar in a picture. Who cares what the picture looks like? <Sic> "Calibers" have specs to them, as they are more than just "bling" for a car.

I don't think we need to question Stoptech's validity as a manufacturer - they have proven themselves, time and time again

Do mistakes happen? Sure - but I bet Rotora wished you had not posted till AFTER the kit was on and functioning

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 03-03-2006 at 08:26 AM.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:10 PM
VN_350z
Banned

Ummmm...yah. It sure looks like you're a Brembo guy. As I said, do a search. I've talked about Brembo on this board plenty of times. If I've already said it, why waste my time repeating myself when you can use the search function? That's what it's there for. If you have any specifics to discuss after you've done your homework, I'd be happy to do so.

Have you ever heard of the phrase, "damning with faint praise?" That's what you're doing with your indirect insults. If you look closely at the two caliPers side by side, you'll see that the products are very different. Read our product overview section http://www.stoptech.com/products/BBK/summary.shtml , then go to Brembo's: http://www.racetechnologies.com/catalog/ That should clear everything up.
Microsoft stole Windows idea from Mac and Windows OS is totally different from Mac OS. Like it said "taking people's ideas" is a good business strategy nowadays.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:33 PM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol..... i love my red calibers
Old 03-06-2006, 11:47 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

wowo...3 more days then i know the result.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:48 PM
pj550v12

Updates??
Old 03-12-2006, 07:27 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

stop by Rotora yesterday and exchange the 380mm kit for 35mm kit since i lost my patient on waiting. Just want to get it install and move on with other project.

Loren is a very nice guy to work with. I still recommend Rotora to anyone (4/6 pistons kit) For 8, you need to wait few more weeks. In the future, if i upgrade my brake again, 12 pots it is.