Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

anyone installed SUSTEC Pro Seven's yet? Impressions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 03:44 PM
ChuckGZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone installed SUSTEC Pro Seven's yet? Impressions?

Just what the title says. I know people have been buying these up, since i can't seem to find a dealer that's got a set. So who's put them on, and how do they feel?
Old 02-11-2006, 03:48 PM
ChuckGZ

bump, muthaf@#ka!!!!
Old 02-14-2006, 12:19 PM
liudacris

ttt
Old 02-24-2006, 08:50 AM
ActionJackson

Bump, I'm interested to see reviews as well. There's a sale going on for these coilovers now in this thread from one of the sponsors. If we can get 2 or more buyers this would be a sweet deal!

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172401
Old 03-03-2006, 09:16 PM
ChuckGZ

bump-a-bump-bump!
Old 03-06-2006, 02:28 PM
350zzzzzz

yes im very interested as well
Old 03-18-2006, 01:51 PM
KY350

So has anyone installed the Sustec Pro Seven's with TEAS?

http://www.tanabe-usa.com/coilovers/seven.asp
Old 03-18-2006, 02:22 PM
zman1910

Will coilovers cause feathering issues and will you be unable to get the alignment back in to spec or are you basically changing everything and it will no longer be an issue?
Old 03-18-2006, 02:28 PM
HokieZ

Anybody up for the Sustec Pro S-OC or S-0C II?
Old 03-25-2006, 06:04 AM
konspec

well I was going to get the buddy club but then cancelled that because of the tanabe monster on my shoulder. my pro sevens are coming on tuesday and will be installed on wednesday. Can't wait, so excitied, will keep you posted.
ps. I did not get the TEAS for them
Old 04-01-2006, 08:28 PM
konspec

well, I finally put the pro sevens on. (previous suspension-JIC) I installed the hard driving version with very high spring rates(12kg frt. 12 kg rr) I still can't get over the valving of these coilovers I was expecting a harsh, blatter spitting ride, but instead it's firm and smooth. (dampners are manufactered by KYB) The finish one the threaded areas is very smooth and looks like it should resist corrostion well. The pillowball mounts are very thick and have twice as many allen screws holding them to the dampners. All mouting points are super beefy and work in perfect harmony. The only flaw in the whole system is, their designed for the TEAS controller. Now I know this does not sound like a flaw, but if you'd didn't care about the controller and had no use for it, then the dampning adj. is extremely annoying. On my JICs all i had to do for rear adj. is drill a small hole in the strut tower and put an allen key down. Tanabe manual adjusters have no tools, no slots, nothing to adj with but the 10digits at the end of your arms, therefore making it impossible to adj without removal. With that said.....so what, now I get to play with a new toy and can adj. everything in the car.

The turn is response is even better then the JICs, the car is noticably leveler throughout the turns and there is no more bouncing in the rear. I actually checked the model numbers on my springs after making some final adjustment, to make sure they didn't send me the softer springs... Again and again the dampners used are amazing

I've installed 3 other major coilover brands and I must say...I took a chance buying these, mainly because not many people have them, and I could'nt be happier. These were well developed coilovers with exellent factory support. I actually talked to someone all three times I called Tanabe USA direct!
If your thinking about these.... buy them. apparently I have the last hard driving version in the US till end of april
Old 04-01-2006, 08:33 PM
konspec

well, I finally put the pro sevens on. (previous suspension-JIC) I installed the hard driving version with very high spring rates(12kg frt. 12 kg rr) I still can't get over the valving of these coilovers I was expecting a harsh, blatter spitting ride, but instead it's firm and smooth. (dampners are manufactered by KYB) The finish one the threaded areas is very smooth and looks like it should resist corrostion well. The pillowball mounts are very thick and have twice as many allen screws holding them to the dampners. All mouting points are super beefy and work in perfect harmony. The only flaw in the whole system is, their designed for the TEAS controller. Now I know this does not sound like a flaw, but if you'd didn't care about the controller and had no use for it, then the dampning adj. is extremely annoying. On my JICs all i had to do for rear adj. is drill a small hole in the strut tower and put an allen key down. Tanabe manual adjusters have no tools, no slots, nothing to adj with but the 10digits at the end of your arms, therefore making it impossible to adj without removal. With that said.....so what, now I get to play with a new toy and can adj. everything in the car.

The turn is response is even better then the JICs, the car is noticably leveler throughout the turns and there is no more bouncing in the rear. I actually checked the model numbers on my springs after making some final adjustment, to make sure they didn't send me the softer springs... Again and again the dampners used are amazing

I've installed 3 other major coilover brands and I must say...I took a chance buying these, mainly because not many people have them, and I could'nt be happier. These were well developed coilovers with exellent factory support. I actually talked to someone all three times I called Tanabe USA direct!
If your thinking about these.... buy them. apparently I have the last hard driving version in the US till end of april
Old 04-01-2006, 08:47 PM
ActionJackson

Thanks for the review. Now for a review of the softer spring set.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Quamen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish that there were more reviews of the tanabe coilovers. Thanks for the review on the pro sevens. I am considering to S-OC or S-OC II's right now.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:53 PM
ChuckGZ

Thanks much for that review. I got impatient and went for the Tein Flex's w/EDFC, but still good info on the SUSTEC's.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:56 PM
TanabeUSA

Greetings!

konspec you are one of the lucky few to have this suspension after it arrived! It is a very advanced system, and the amount of work and time involved in completing it was quite a monstrous task (~2+ years, 3 revisions) and we are happy that you are enjoying it. Please keep us informed how they are working for you; we always like to know how the end users are doing with our products. (Many of our S-S and S-0C owners have reported 5+ years of heavy useage.)

We're a very different type of company than most in this industry; we spend a great amount of our budget on manufacturing costs, R&D and customer service, instead of marketing.

Since we don't always have the time and resources to constantly monitor the forums, please feel free to contact us via email (info@tanabe-usa.com) or phone (310-783-0200) for tech and inquiries on this product. We are also always happy to provide referrals so that My350Z forum members can obtain any of our parts at special pricing from authorized dealers/vendors who support this forum.

-Mike

Tanabe Racing Development USA

Last edited by TanabeUSA; 04-11-2006 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:49 PM
dscheers

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the Tanabe S-OCs with helper springs and absolutely love them.

I did however upgrade from stocks so I don't have any experience with other sets...

Danny
Old 04-11-2006, 04:13 PM
jcpeyton

I have Tanabe Sustec Pro with helper springs. Installed them as a nismo replacement. They are far superior and I couldn't be happier w/ this product. The valving on the shocks is remarkable. I highly recommend them-pretty easy to adjust because of the slotted spring perches and included wrenches. I'm dropped about 1.25 on this setup w/ Enkei RPO3's, 10" Rear, 9" Front, 275/40 245/40. No rubbing, even under hard use. Other suspension mods are GT-Spec front and rear braces, Stillen sways, nismo heim joints, and Prothane bushings. The car handles like a dream-almost like it can read my mind and handle anything I ask of it.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:32 AM
TanabeUSA

Great to hear! Anyone else using SEVEN, or SEVEN + TEAS?
Old 04-12-2006, 10:44 AM
ActionJackson

How many have made it over here overseas? They don't seem to be very readily available at any vendor.

Quick Reply: anyone installed SUSTEC Pro Seven's yet? Impressions?