Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

anyone installed SUSTEC Pro Seven's yet? Impressions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 10:48 AM
dscheers

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wouldn't mind being Guinea Pig to test them and compare them to the Sustec Pro OCs I have now ...

Danny
Old 04-12-2006, 11:07 AM
ActionJackson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me neither. In fact I'd even offer to pay for them after testing them out if I like them.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:36 PM
jcpeyton

+1 to that. I'll try them, and will happily pay for them if they are an improvement over my PRO SOC TYPE I's. Tanabe USA--you're getting some serious product loyalty here, from people who used your product early-on, in some cases over the advice of suppliers. Maybe you should take a few of us serious suspension modders seriously on our offer. Who knows? Maybe the next craze will be people getting Tanabe tattoos instead of Harley-Davidson? What have you got to lose?
Old 05-11-2006, 04:28 PM
TanabeUSA

UPDATE: Additional sets of the Sustec Pro SEVEN will be available again through forum vendors in June!

While we would love to send all of the sets out for drive testing, this is not currently possible. We have considered having a ride and drive, but plans are all tentative. Best bet for getting a first hand driving impression is to ask the owners who have the suspension-- if they are local and participate in local meets, perhaps they will allow you to ride in or drive their car.

Old 05-11-2006, 07:13 PM
jcpeyton

No offense intended, but that's a non-responsive response: test sets are not currently available?? plans are tenative?? drive someone else's car and see how you like it?? If they are local ??
I was trying to pay you a compliment on your product, which I bought and like, but your response leaves me cold.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still want to know what the height adjustments are like on these.
I've heard you can pretty much raise or lower it to.....stock level. IE: No height adjustment.

What say you?
Old 05-12-2006, 04:41 PM
fairladyZ in Japan

Originally Posted by jcpeyton
No offense intended, but that's a non-responsive response: test sets are not currently available?? plans are tenative?? drive someone else's car and see how you like it?? If they are local ??
I was trying to pay you a compliment on your product, which I bought and like, but your response leaves me cold.
I agree. I have long considered changing my current NISMO suspension - but I have not been able to get really good feedback from people with other setups ... particularly comparative impressions.

Just reading jcpeyton's write-up on this thread has put Tanabe on my new suspension short list.

Tanabe USA has received a lot of good customer feedback to include one suggestion that could really cut you apart from the crowd.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:17 PM
jcpeyton

Thanks, FairladyZ. I really like my tanabe sustec pro soc type I's for many reasons, not the least of which are the relatively easy height adjustability, and the impressive shock valving. They have worked beautifully w/ all of my other suspension mods,both street and track, especially coming from nismo suspension, as I did.
When tanabe began hyping it's new system, I was excited, thinking that now I could set shock stiffness w/o losing all of the things I like about my current tanabe setup. But posts by members indicated that lowering w/ the new system is a problem, so I asked a few questions here and got a bull**** response. Don't get me wrong--I still really like my current tanabe setup and would recommend it highly. I was just MAJOR put-off by the response from TanabeUSA, especially in view that it was a compliment and an offer to try/buy a more expensive system from what I thought was a straight talking manufacturer. I still recommend the tanabe sustec pro soc type I's-for the price I believe they are a terriffic value. Just my 2c.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:23 AM
konspec

So is their anyone else with the pro sevens that has a response from tanabe as far as the lack of height adjustment goes? I emailed them pictures of my car at full tanabe drop (1in) and they said maybe they'll make shorter springs or different base mounts. What it needs for more adjustability is a shorter rear spring and base mounts that have more treads and hollow at the bottom, front and rear. This would be the cheapest fix but ideally the dampners should have been shorter. All I want is enough adj. so I can corner balance my car properly.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:51 AM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You mean they are NOT height adjustable seperate from spring preload? I realize that the R&D cost's to bring them out had to of been very high, but not having that feature at their price point, I dunno. Then again IIRC I don't think Z33 Zeal's don't either.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:14 AM
ActionJackson

If they aren't height adjustable, then I'm taking these off my list. I'll just stick with the HKS RS coilovers I was planning on getting before these. There doesn't seem to be negative reviews for those.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by konspec
I emailed them pictures of my car at full tanabe drop (1in) and they said maybe they'll make shorter springs or different base mounts.

Hey, did you just say you got a 1 inch drop out of these?
I'd be happy if I can get the car lowered to a height 1 inch lower than stock height.
Can you confirm?
Old 05-14-2006, 09:48 AM
konspec

Originally Posted by Gsedan35
You mean they are NOT height adjustable seperate from spring preload? I realize that the R&D cost's to bring them out had to of been very high, but not having that feature at their price point, I dunno. Then again IIRC I don't think Z33 Zeal's don't either.

they are double adjustable, just like most better quality coilovers.
Old 05-14-2006, 10:01 AM
konspec

Originally Posted by 21112
Hey, did you just say you got a 1 inch drop out of these?
I'd be happy if I can get the car lowered to a height 1 inch lower than stock height.
Can you confirm?
You can definitly, at the lowest the perches will go, get a 1 inch drop. If you want it lower it won't happen untill they revise and if you want to get a perfect cross weight you will have to raise it. I do want to clearify the this is not a tanabe bashing tread. These coilovers are made extremely well and perform better then my JICs did. These adj. issues are just initial R&Ds that need to be worked out.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by konspec
You can definitly, at the lowest the perches will go, get a 1 inch drop. If you want it lower it won't happen untill they revise and if you want to get a perfect cross weight you will have to raise it. I do want to clearify the this is not a tanabe bashing tread. These coilovers are made extremely well and perform better then my JICs did. These adj. issues are just initial R&Ds that need to be worked out.
Nice, I can most definitely live with a 1 inch drop.

It's confirmed then. I'll be ordering these soon.

Thanks for the info.