Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Which big break kit to get....

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 09:18 PM
Stealth Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which big break kit to get....

I was wondering what break kit would you guys recommend for some serious stopping power. I really don't care for the looks just as long as it stops. I've seen some willwood breaks that I like but don't know for sure. I'm talking about the entire break system.
I was looking at these:
http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...roducts_id=232

Last edited by Stealth Z; 02-14-2006 at 09:21 PM.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:21 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is it for daily or for tracking?
Old 02-14-2006, 10:01 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Stop Tech 14.1" / 12.9" kit all the way...

Weither you are running on the street or at the track, it is the best all around brake system in my opinion...

Very easy to change pads...
Huge pad selection for street and or track...
Dont NEED to bleed the calipers very often...
Very good local instate customer service / caliper rebuild is quickly and inexpensivly done...
Old 02-14-2006, 10:03 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Stoptech is good. Contact Marty at InjectPerformance for best price. Shipping included and no sale tax

(888)466-7373

Last edited by Bubble; 02-14-2006 at 10:07 PM.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:46 AM
Stealth Z

It's for daily driving you guys.
Does it matter if the car Is the touring edition ?
Also, what type of rotor set up would be the best? Slotted, Drilled slotted, drilled. etc.

Last edited by Stealth Z; 02-15-2006 at 05:52 AM.
Old 02-15-2006, 05:57 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a brake kit.

Old 02-15-2006, 07:23 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Originally Posted by Stealth Z
It's for daily driving you guys.
Does it matter if the car Is the touring edition ?
Also, what type of rotor set up would be the best? Slotted, Drilled slotted, drilled. etc.
it doesn't matter if it's touring.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:58 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

We match pricing...
Old 02-16-2006, 03:39 PM
Stealth Z

I was wondering if you guys had 10 grand to spend on parts what parts would you get?
Since, i'm working out on a deal that buy aftermarket parts and add them into my loan.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:53 PM
barthelb
Master

I wouldn't put it into my loan for that amount, maybe if it was 2k for like a Front brake kit.

I would just save the money and then buy everything cuz if something happens you have this car all fixed up, and lets say you lose your job or something happens you will have to make up the difference plus maybe interest and you'll always be upside down.

If you were to do this maybe something safe like Rims/ Coilovers&Sways/ Plenum Space& Intake/ ExhaustmaybeHeaders/ Front lipand try to get Side skirts and rearlip or spoiler.

That should put you at

3-4k Rims
Coilovers2k
Sways 300
PlenumSpc350
Intake150
Exhaust1000
Headers700-1000

Maybe the body panels will have to wait.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Stealth Z

Originally Posted by barthelb
I wouldn't put it into my loan for that amount, maybe if it was 2k for like a Front brake kit.

I would just save the money and then buy everything cuz if something happens you have this car all fixed up, and lets say you lose your job or something happens you will have to make up the difference plus maybe interest and you'll always be upside down.

If you were to do this maybe something safe like Rims/ Coilovers&Sways/ Plenum Space& Intake/ ExhaustmaybeHeaders/ Front lipand try to get Side skirts and rearlip or spoiler.

That should put you at

3-4k Rims
Coilovers2k
Sways 300
PlenumSpc350
Intake150
Exhaust1000
Headers700-1000

Even if I add in 10k into my car loan I'm still going to pay almost 200 dollars less a month than my current car. I should still be fine. I won't get something that I can't afford.
Originally Posted by barthelb

That should put you at

3-4k Rims
Coilovers2k
Sways 300
PlenumSpc350
Intake150
Exhaust1000
Headers700-1000

I will try this setup better. Don't need the breaks until I need the turbocharger.

Last edited by Stealth Z; 02-16-2006 at 04:18 PM.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:54 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

I was wondering if you guys had 10 grand to spend on parts what parts would you get?
Since, i'm working out on a deal that buy aftermarket parts and add them into my loan.
1. Bodykit ( call Darren at Intensepower.com 480-926-8797)
2. New set of 20" wheel ( Call Christ at F1motorsports.com for best price - 818.755.9800)
3. Coilover ( Marty at InjectPerformance) (888)466-7373
4. Sway
5. cold air intake ( Jason at Performance Nissan. On sale now. )
6. Testpipe (Ebay. no need to spend fortune on this)
7. Exhaust ( Marty at Injectperformance) (888)466-7373

There gone your 10K. Happy modding.

btw, i think even after that 7 mods, you still have some money for big brake kit. GO FOR IT.

Last edited by Bubble; 02-16-2006 at 05:14 PM.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:01 PM
Oleg

I was wondering what break kit would you guys recommend for some serious stopping power. I really don't care for the looks just as long as it stops. I've seen some willwood breaks that I like but don't know for sure. I'm talking about the entire break system.
I was looking at these:
http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...roducts_id=232

Wilwood is coming out with a 4 wheel BBK for the Z. and the 4 wheel set shouldn't be much more then 2 grand. 6-pot in front, 4-pot in rear, choice of colors, choice of crossdrilled or slotted rotors.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:13 PM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wilwood is coming out with a 4 wheel BBK for the Z. and the 4 wheel set shouldn't be much more then 2 grand. 6-pot in front, 4-pot in rear, choice of colors, choice of crossdrilled or slotted rotors.
Not more than 2K???? What size??? 14" or smaller?
Old 02-16-2006, 06:24 PM
Oleg

Originally Posted by MyV6IsFast3r
Not more than 2K???? What size??? 14" or smaller?
Not MUCH more the 2K... And definately below 2500...
Don't quote me on it, but I do believe that you'd get a choice of 13 and 14 on front and 12 and 13 on the back...

The arizonazcar.com has a similar setup which can give you a clue about price, looks, etc. But I did hear straight from the horse's mouth (wilwood tech being the horse) that the parking brake will be retained.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:39 PM
Ruining

Originally Posted by Oleg
Don't quote me on it, but...

Oops. Nevermind.

Anyway, I'm glad this thread has come up. I'm hoping to get into AutoX this summer. It'd be a good place to start.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:33 PM
Oleg

Originally Posted by Ruining
Oops. Nevermind.

Actually it is only the rotor diameter that I am not 100% sure on. Everything else you may quote me on as much as you want, my sarcastic friend.

The reason I did not persue this matter further that is b/c I do not need to, since I already have a BBK on front (Brembo GT 13", want to be able to put the stock 17s back on just in case) and was looking to simply match them with a 12" setup with red calipers and crossdrilled rotors, which Wilwood does happen to offer.

Now, if you wish to be a light in darkness, then you can contact the Wilwood techs directly, find out the diameters offered and share them with the rest of the forum members on this very thread. And please, take your sarcasm elsewhere...
Old 02-16-2006, 07:54 PM
Ruining

Now, if you wish to be a light in darkness, then you can contact the Wilwood techs directly, find out the diameters offered and share them with the rest of the forum members on this very thread. And please, take your sarcasm elsewhere...
Wow. Talk about touchy! Sheesh. I'm here to learn, and you have good information to share. No reason to be a dick. I'm a dick on pleanty of other boards. I don't need to be here. I'm mostly here to read, not post. That's why I only have 6 so far. I'm so low on the tech totum pole, I rarely have anything to share.

So please, put your sensitivity training to use and back off a little.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:01 AM
Oleg

Originally Posted by Ruining
Wow. Talk about touchy! Sheesh. I'm here to learn, and you have good information to share. No reason to be a dick. I'm a dick on pleanty of other boards. I don't need to be here. I'm mostly here to read, not post. That's why I only have 6 so far. I'm so low on the tech totum pole, I rarely have anything to share.

So please, put your sensitivity training to use and back off a little.

If you are going to primarily use your car for the autocross, I don't know if you've been following the "project 350Z" in the Sport Compact magazine, but anyway, they pulled over 1.0G on skidpad by changing only wheels (stuffed same size tyres all around), sway bars (they used Hotchkis), and the Kaaz LSD.
The article even has the sizes, offsets, etc of the rims, tyre dimentions and the diif and sway bar settings. I do believe that it's the issue with the white WRX on the cover (the WRX was converted to rear wheel drive to be made into a drift car). If you don't have access to the article, let me know and I'll dig through it and post the stuff for you.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:06 AM
Ruining

If you are going to primarily use your car for the autocross, I don't know if you've been following the "project 350Z" in the Sport Compact magazine, but anyway, they pulled over 1.0G on skidpad by changing only wheels (stuffed same size tyres all around), sway bars (they used Hotchkis), and the Kaaz LSD.
The article even has the sizes, offsets, etc of the rims, tyre dimentions and the diif and sway bar settings. I do believe that it's the issue with the white WRX on the cover (the WRX was converted to rear wheel drive to be made into a drift car). If you don't have access to the article, let me know and I'll dig through it and post the stuff for you.
Cool. I don't have that issue, but I think I saw it over at my buddy's house. I'm gonna have to dig through his stack and find it. Thanks. I'll have to smack him for not telling me about it in the first place. (I think he just looks at the pictures.)

Thanks for the info, man.

Quick Reply: Which big break kit to get....