Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

how many pistons does the oem non-brembo front caliper have?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 11:52 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MyZ4U2C
Nope...thats the way it came up on the computer at Autozone. You put in make/model and for the 350Z it had two options....2 piston and 4 piston and that was it. I was looking at the screen myself. I just got home and went to their website and thats how it is there as well...you have to choose either 2 or 4 piston.
If a non-brembo Z comes up at autozone as either 2 or 4 pistons, THEN YES, INDEED, SOMEONE AT AUTOZONE IS AN IDIOT. (Perhaps the person who input the data into the computer in the first place?)

Take it from someone who has seen the 1 (and only) piston front, and rear, on his 05 non-brembo, with his naked eyes.

Are you inputting "350z TRACK" or "35th anniversary edition" ? This might explain the 4-pot 2-pot thing.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:53 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TheTruth
How about response and pedal feel???
Even at the same heat capacity and similar wear rates I'd much rather have a opposing piston caliper rather than a sliding or floating caliper.

One of the main reasons I went to a BBK was for control and pedal feel. With 4 opposing pistons you foot gets to feel exactly what the pistons are doing and control the modulation between the pads and discs.
On a sliding caliper a lot of the feel is distorted from the caliper moving and flexing around.
I slapped some SS lines on there, it made a huge difference in pedal feel. I really wanted a BBK, and I almost splurged for one, but then I decided it's really not worth it unless I start tracking seriously.