Rotora 8 piston BBK ????

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 05:49 PM
VN_350z
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BremboGuy
Jeff,

Your curiosity is completely understandable.
But the one reason I never mentioned any of the "little guys" by name was to avoid a direct confrontation like the one you seem to be trying to instigate.

I stated a fact that is commonly know in "our" industry, and not just an opinion generated because I work for /or/ represent Brembo.

My response, if you need me to be more specific, was not meant to be dismisive or offensive. I was answering a question asked by VN_350z

My answer was supposed to be a nice way of saying that we should only compare apples to apples.

As stated by BubbleAnd he's correct for allot of people. Some people just do BBK's for looks...and thank god that there are "little guys" around to provide them with something to put on their cars.
Ouch......only compare Apples to Apples. Stoptech is not an apple yet???
Old 03-13-2006, 05:55 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Old 03-13-2006, 05:56 PM
BremboGuy
Banned

Originally Posted by VN_350z
Brembo, AP, Alcon are three big contenders. The rest are pretty much pretenders.
Does VN_350z have some rhyming skillz??
Old 03-13-2006, 05:57 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GTNPU Z
lolz..first i'm talking about Ing+, now to Stoptech..what i'm getting myself too? hehehehe
Old 03-13-2006, 06:03 PM
xenonk

Originally Posted by XBS
No one has them on the boards. It will not make you stop any better. My friend has a rotora 6 and i have the 8 and it is the same. It is a show mod. If you want a strickly performance brake kit go with stop tech. If you care about looks and ont need the best performing brakes get the Rotoras.
only time when you need that many pistons is IF you actually have more piston area to produce more force on the brake pads..

Just read up on Stoptech "info FAQs"..

besides, 12-piston setups is for race use.. and the bigger the calipers with bigger piston bores, the more you will need to run a 2nd Master cylinder for front and rear brake bias.. you wont be able to move enough fluid to the calipers. It's truely a race deal first, show mod later IF you have 15" rotors to match them.

Racing Brake also makes BBKs that are more cost effective and they work well. If you want the Bling and pure track performance, get something that is Alcon or APRacing based calipers.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:05 PM
VN_350z
Banned

Originally Posted by xenonk
only time when you need that many pistons is IF you actually have more piston area to produce more force on the brake pads..

Just read up on Stoptech "info FAQs"..

besides, 12-piston setups is for race use.. and the bigger the calipers with bigger piston bores, the more you will need to run a 2nd Master cylinder for front and rear brake bias.. you wont be able to move enough fluid to the calipers. It's truely a race deal first, show mod later IF you have 15" rotors to match them.

Racing Brake also makes BBKs that are more cost effective and they work well. If you want the Bling and pure track performance, get something that is Alcon or APRacing based calipers.
Are you saying Stoptech is not an apple?
Old 03-13-2006, 06:23 PM
J Ritt

I stated a fact that is commonly know in "our" industry, and not just an opinion generated because I work for /or/ represent Brembo.
Okay...I'm waiting. You still haven't qualified your opinion. Who are you, and who do you work for?

My answer was supposed to be a nice way of saying that we should only compare apples to apples.
Okay, so let me rephrase for you in a not-so-nice way...what you're saying is that you can't compare StopTech to Brembo, because your product is superior. Care to share your expert opinion on why exactly that is? Please give me some specific examples of our product's shortcomings vs. yours for the 350Z.

And he's correct for allot of people. Some people just do BBK's for looks...and thank god that there are "little guys" around to provide them with something to put on their cars.
So you're implying that a StopTech kit is good enough for looks for a guy that is after such things?

g35twinturbo, Thanks for the support! I do have lots of other important things to do, but I don't view this as a waste of time. I like meeting our customers, giving advice, etc.
Old 03-13-2006, 06:26 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Jeff, have your company conduct a one to one test to compare Stoptech with Rotora yet? Let say 4 pots (rotora) vs 4 pots (stoptech)
Old 03-13-2006, 06:35 PM
VN_350z
Banned

Originally Posted by Bubble
Jeff, have your company conduct a one to one test to compare Stoptech with Rotora yet? Let say 4 pots (rotora) vs 4 pots (stoptech)
Bubble,

He never answers you. You know why.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:29 PM
BremboGuy
Banned

This is too funny.
Maybe I should have my laywer write my posts.

I still have never said a name other than ..
BREMBO ... AP ... ALCON .or. Performance Friction

It's obvious your looking for a conflict.
I wish you the best of luck finding one because we're not interested.

Originally Posted by J Ritt
Okay...I'm waiting. You still haven't qualified your opinion. Who are you, and who do you work for?

Okay, so let me rephrase for you in a not-so-nice way...what you're saying is that you can't compare StopTech to Brembo, because your product is superior.

So you're implying that a StopTech kit is good enough for looks for a guy that is after such things?

Last edited by BremboGuy; 03-13-2006 at 07:43 PM.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:40 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by BremboGuy
Jeff,

Your curiosity is completely understandable.
But the one reason I never mentioned any of the "little guys" by name was to avoid a direct confrontation like the one you seem to be trying to instigate.

My response, if you need me to be more specific, was not meant to be dismisive or offensive. I was answering a question asked by VN_350z

As stated by BubbleAnd he's correct for allot of people. Some people just do BBK's for looks...and thank god that there are "little guys" around to provide them with something to put on their cars.

... Now this is about to get good!
Old 03-13-2006, 09:37 PM
J Ritt

It's obvious your looking for a conflict.
I wish you the best of luck finding one because we're not interested. I still have never said a name other than ..
BREMBO ... AP ... ALCON .or. Performance Friction
Come on now...it's very obvious where you're going with your posts. You have a dozen posts on this forum, and each one tells us how wonderful Brembo is. However, none of them gives a shred of substance as to why this is the case. I'm not looking for a conflict. I'm simply asking who you are. That's a fairly reasonable question to ask someone claiming to be, "in the industry." You imply that you are an expert on the topic of brakes, yet you refuse to admit who you are, and why exactly you're qualified to make blanket statements about key contenders in the market. Until you do so, your input is no more valid than any random 6th grader that stumbles upon this website. As a matter of fact, how do we even know that you're not some random guy pretending to have an association with Brembo?

When you're ready to have a tech talk about the merits of your systems vs. ours, and why our system isn't a worthy apples to apples comparison as you imply, let me know and I'll gladly participate. Heck, why don't we start with an easy one, and you can explain to us why your system is better than stock (hint: "because it says Brembo on it," won't work in this situation)?
This is too funny.
Maybe I should have my laywer write my posts.
Not a bad idea...but he probably wouldn't appreciate you calling him a laywer...sounds kind of kinky.

Bubble,

He never answers you. You know why.
I actually have answered this question a number of times. Every time this topic comes up, the question is always, "why don't you set up a test?" We have already done our testing on Rotora's calipers and rotors. Our calipers are stiffer, and our rotors flow more air...period. We have never done a 'bake off' on the 350Z platform if that's what you're asking. When the test is organized and paid for, feel free to send the invite our way. We'll gladly show up and take care of business. Until then, why would we go through the trouble, time, and expense of defending our presence in a market in which we already dominate? Think about that...doesn't make much sense, does it? Why don't you guys hop back on Bremboguy's case to set up such a test? They're the ones with the big budget for such an event, right? What, with all of their technical wizardry, it should be a walk in the park, right?
Old 03-13-2006, 10:11 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Jeff,

the reason i ask because it seem to me that every single time there is a thread about Rotora, i see a stoptech reply and most of the time, you guys point to your FAQ question and indirectly hint that Rotora design/quality is not good as Stoptech.

Can you point us to the result of stoptech calipers are stiffer and rotor flow more air? Not that we don't take your word for it but some proven fact will be nice.

You guy only pick on Rotora and leave other manf alone. Don't you agree? I mean if you already dominate the market then why worry about people buying Rotora? I see that Stoptech is very aggresive with their marketing tactic; which is a good thing. I guess that why you guy gain big share in the market.

Last edited by Bubble; 03-13-2006 at 10:16 PM.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:48 PM
VN_350z
Banned

Jeff,

the reason i ask because it seem to me that every single time there is a thread about Rotora, i see a stoptech reply and most of the time, you guys point to your FAQ question and indirectly hint that Rotora design/quality is not good as Stoptech.

Can you point us to the result of stoptech calipers are stiffer and rotor flow more air? Not that we don't take your word for it but some proven fact will be nice.

You guy only pick on Rotora and leave other manf alone. Don't you agree? I mean if you already dominate the market then why worry about people buying Rotora? I see that Stoptech is very aggresive with their marketing tactic; which is a good thing. I guess that why you guy gain big share in the market.
This is what you call "Pick on little guy".
He always says Stoptech is superior to Rotora but not Brembo or AP....WHY?
As matter of fact, there was one time I asked him why Stoptech caliper look so much similar to Brembo. He never gave me a direct answer.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:55 AM
J Ritt

You guy only pick on Rotora and leave other manf alone. Don't you agree?
That's not true! I evaluate all of the other manufacturers' products. I pick on all of them. Also, I don't indirectly hint at anything. I've posted on a number of occasions the exact faults of other systems, and I'll continue to do so. I say what I think, and I don't hide behind my online persona.

He always says Stoptech is superior to Rotora but not Brembo or AP....WHY?
As matter of fact, there was one time I asked him why Stoptech caliper look so much similar to Brembo. He never gave me a direct answer.
My direct answer is that it is a four piston brake caliper. We didn't put wings on it, it doesn't have a chain swinging from it, it doesn't have a secret compartment, and it can't turn into a robot and vacuum your living room. It's a four piston brake caliper. There's a space for it to fit into, and it has a job it has to do. If you look closely at the design, you'll see lots of differentiating factors vs. any other caliper on the market. Read this section of our website, and then take a close look at an F40 or F50 caliper: http://www.stoptech.com/products/BBK...riptions.shtml Take a little time and look at the details. There are a host of differences.

Okay, if I really need to say it, yes, Brembo makes a high quality brake system....BUT, our brake system is superior to the Brembo and AP systems for the 350Z, and it costs about 20% less. Now I'll wait for BremboGuy to refute this statement...then I'll dissect his answer and give you 10 good reasons why my statements are true, and his are not true. Sound good? I think it should be in another post started by BremboGuy however, as this one has gone far afield of its intended topic. Waiting...

Also, why is it okay for you to continually point a finger at me and say I'm dodging the 30 repetitive questions that the two of you keep posting (that have already been answered on this forum and others 100 times), when you won't answer mine? Why aren't you on BremboGuy's case to put together this brake test that you so desperately need?
Old 03-14-2006, 08:27 AM
daveh

I'll conduct a test for you. I'll be at Infineon and Thunderhill 4 days in April with my front stoptech kit. Come on up and lets do some car swapping. We can use my tires on both cars to levelset things. It won't be scientific, but we can compare pedal feel, high temp stopping power, and fade after a few hot laps.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:00 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

I haven't seen Stoptech talked about Wilwood or AP but ALL the time, it is about Rotora. Again, since you already conduct a test (as you said), can you once again, point it to me to the result that back up for the fact that stoptech calipers are stiffer and rotor flow more air?

daveh, i'm happy with my BBK kit. I don't buy Stoptech for a reason. It doesn't mean Rotora can't track since we have Rickdog and other with Rotora brake on their track car so i don't need you to conduct the test. Since Jeff keep saying they already tested, would be nice if they can point it to their FAQ and it has some result. Just like you keep saying how much hp your car has, without dyno info, it is nothing.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:26 AM
BremboGuy
Banned

Heck, why don't we start with an easy one, and you can explain to us why your system is better than stock (hint: "because it says Brembo on it," won't work in this situation)?
YES...absolutely. BECAUSE IT SAYS BREMBO ON IT.

It is a fact that Brembo is THE LEADER IN BRAKING TECHNOLOGY.

And to back it up....how about the fact that Brembo spends 57 million dollars per year on research and development specifically for "high performance braking". Just for comparison purposes...that is more than the gross sales off all the other high performance brake manufactures combined.

This should give the consumer the confidence that the product they are paying slightly higher dollars for is designed, tested, marketed, and built to be the best performing system available for his or her vehicle.

Now... before you try to pick that apart...

This doesn't mean that it is the best system for each individual consumer.
Some people have a budget...some people will never drive their vehicle in a manner where they will know the difference...some people would like to say that they have 12 pistons...some would like to keep stock wheels...some want something different or new or "patented".

Bottom line...Brembo doesn't produce anything for the purpose of creating hype. They create real products for real situations using real technology.

They don't invent mythological manufacturing terms to confuse people.
They don't sponsor professional drivers to build credibility.
And they don't point out flaws in the competition to make themselves look better.
They simply produce the better product.

Oh...back to the actual question...
why your system is better than stock?
It depends how you define better.

- For people who desire "better" looks.
It's got big painted calipers and cross drilled or slotted rotors. Red, Black, or Silver calipers standard. Or you can custom order any color in the spectrum.

- For people who desire "better" performance.
Weight savings...more thermal mass in the form of larger discs to absorb and dissipate heat...Larger, lighter and stiffer calipers to provide improved pedal feel, better modulation, quicker response.

- For people who desire the "better" product.
Even if you never use the system to it's full ability...wouldn't you like to know that you have the BEST???
The best quality calipers in the industry.
The best quality discs available.
The only TRUE and proven and patented floating hardware available in any kit.

Brembo designs, tests, manufactures, builds, and assembles every functional piece in their brake systems. They utilize the same quality manufacturing as trusted by Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, BMW, MBZ, Nissan, Subaru, Lotus, Infinity, Mitsubishi, Audi and on and on and on...
And... the performance you receive trickles down directly from REAL racing history and experience, from F1 to NASCAR to WRC and so on.
(not just a couple drivers in a couple lower level race series)

Last edited by BremboGuy; 03-14-2006 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:29 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

daveh, i'm happy with my BBK kit. I don't buy Stoptech for a reason. It doesn't mean Rotora can't track since we have Rickdog and other with Rotora brake on their track car so i don't need you to conduct the test. Since Jeff keep saying they already tested, would be nice if they can point it to their FAQ and it has some result. Just like you keep saying how much hp your car has, without dyno info, it is nothing.
why you afraid of Dave's offer. damn. i would love to see the differences... you wanna prove Rotora @ teh track... dont chicken out dude..

the magazine articles...

http://www.stoptech.com/proven_techn...est_wins.shtml
Old 03-14-2006, 09:44 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Originally Posted by Chebosto
why you afraid of Dave's offer. damn. i would love to see the differences... you wanna prove Rotora @ teh track... dont chicken out dude..

the magazine articles...

http://www.stoptech.com/proven_techn...est_wins.shtml
hahaha..you got it all wrong. I don't want to prove Rotora better than stoptech. I just want to point out that Stoptech picking on Rotora all the time. DOH..

Last edited by Bubble; 03-14-2006 at 09:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Rotora 8 piston BBK ????