Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

price for used oem brembos

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 05:54 PM
DaKine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question price for used oem brembos

so i was at pep boys about to get my front rotors resurfaced, and the mechanic was talking to me about how he totalled his g35 coupe. he said he still has it laying in his garage and wants to sell it. so i asked him if he was willing to sell his brembos, and he said ya so i got his number. i asked him how much he wants them for, and he told me that i was the first one interested in them. sooOOOoooo........

- the guy had 36,000 miles on it
- i want the complete package (calipers and rotors)

so how much should i offer him? i was thinking about starting off at $500. my friend, who worked for nissan for a couple years said i should offer no more than $50/rotor. what do you guys think? i want those brembos badly!!!

oh ya, i forgot to add that i have the stock 17" rims off of a g35 coupe, will these clear the brembos?

Last edited by DaKine; 03-16-2006 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:03 PM
mgl

i got mine for $1200 if that helps. but mileage was only like 6k and it was complete with ss lines and aftermarket pads.

go take a look at the brakes. make the calipers aren't all chipped, measure the thickness of the rotor, and see how much pad is left. and then based on the condition, then give him a price.

good luck!
Old 03-16-2006, 06:22 PM
DaKine

thanks. before i tell him that i really want them, i wanna check them out first. the brake pads don't matter to me, i have a complete set of project mu b-force pads.

will i need the brake lines too?
Old 03-17-2006, 05:05 AM
Oleg

Originally Posted by mgl
i got mine for $1200 if that helps. but mileage was only like 6k and it was complete with ss lines and aftermarket pads.

go take a look at the brakes. make the calipers aren't all chipped, measure the thickness of the rotor, and see how much pad is left. and then based on the condition, then give him a price.

good luck!
Sorry for the highjack.
I found a set of OEM brembos for the rear and the guy wants 800 shipped. How unreasonable is it? The stuff is in great condition. How unreasonable is his offer?
Old 03-17-2006, 04:52 PM
mgl

Originally Posted by DaKine
thanks. before i tell him that i really want them, i wanna check them out first. the brake pads don't matter to me, i have a complete set of project mu b-force pads.

will i need the brake lines too?
yeah brakes lines are needed, mine as well go with ss lines while your at it.
you could use the condition of the brake pads as a bargaining chip to lower the price.

Originally Posted by Oleg
Sorry for the highjack.
I found a set of OEM brembos for the rear and the guy wants 800 shipped. How unreasonable is it? The stuff is in great condition. How unreasonable is his offer?

$800 for just the rear?
i would pass on the deal. you need the fronts more than the rear.
i would look for someone local so you can see the condition and avoid shipping as it is gonna be pricey due to the weight of the rotors.

Last edited by mgl; 03-17-2006 at 04:55 PM.
Old 03-18-2006, 12:38 PM
Oleg

Originally Posted by mgl
$800 for just the rear?
i would pass on the deal. you need the fronts more than the rear.
i would look for someone local so you can see the condition and avoid shipping as it is gonna be pricey due to the weight of the rotors.
Sorry, I didn't mention the full story. I already have a set of 13" Brembo GT's on front. This is more aesthetics issue, as opposed to functionality. But now that I'm thinking about, it will be another 400$ to get the calipers re-colored to red/white logo and swap the rotors for cross drilled ones. Maybe I should just get a rear kit from Willwood and have the logo powdercoated over...
What do you think?