Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Megan Racing Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 02:01 PM
glogan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MRs

I'm getting my MRs tommorrow and will do a write-up once installed and driven a couple of times, though I don't track my car...

Glenn
Old 04-18-2006, 02:08 PM
nissansource

Default Megan Coilovers

Got some in yesturday. Ive had these before but never took pics and then sold them. I repurchased a new set and finaly took shots of the box instructions and system. They arent your cheap batch of coilovers. They got their own detailed instructionsheet with corp labled boxes. They are decent and will be running them on my Z. Ive ran these on my 240sx's and didnt complain one bit price made me feel good too
Attached Thumbnails Megan Racing Coilovers-megan2.jpg   Megan Racing Coilovers-megan4.jpg   Megan Racing Coilovers-megan1.jpg   Megan Racing Coilovers-megan3.jpg  
Old 04-24-2006, 09:46 PM
Fillmatic

Actually, the Megan stuff isn't as bad quality as many of you seem to think. There seems to be a lot of brainwashing that goes on in this forum. Hmm, do a search on 32 way adjustable coilovers on the internet and see what you pull up. I can think of 3 companies that sell the exact same coilover from the exact same manufacturer but with a different name on it. Megan just happened to sell it cheap at first. The prices are going up on Megan Products. Sure we have em for 900 shipped, that doesnt mean they're not worth the 1100 plus tax, plus shipping that they normally go for. Anyway some people here are just kind of ridiculous when they talk about suspension. Most people that drive sports cars cant even use the factory suspension to its full potential, so their opinions must be taken with a grain of salt.

I'm not trying to argue with anyone, but for the price, for what you get they are the best out there. Way better than factory 350z suspension i'll tell you that for sure.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:15 PM
Amiricanmade

how do these compare to the tein basic?
Old 04-24-2006, 11:12 PM
Fillmatic

haha, there is a reason we do not sell Tein... Haha i'm not going to even talk about that. Well, we had the Tein basics on the final level S14, and changed em out to Megan coilovers. Big difference. The Megans work much better and they're better quality.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:05 AM
baileyrx

i was looking at these also. How easy are they to adjust once they're in the car?
any pics installed?
Old 04-25-2006, 06:22 AM
chimmike

Originally Posted by Fillmatic
haha, there is a reason we do not sell Tein... Haha i'm not going to even talk about that. Well, we had the Tein basics on the final level S14, and changed em out to Megan coilovers. Big difference. The Megans work much better and they're better quality.

but you can't compare a basic coilover with only height adjustment to that of a 32way coilover (which 32 way is a joke IMO because you're only talking about 1 form of dampening control as opposed to separate compression and rebound control)

240 guys like megan because 240 guys are notoriously the cheapest bunch of modders around.

if they spent the money on a good set of coilovers they'd throw the megans in the trash.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:33 AM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mike I've got to say your not seeing the big picture. For some dealer's Tein is not a easy sell, too much price whoring driving down margin's. They'd rather not paddle up that stream, hence negitive review's become labeled "kind of rediculous" and guess what becomes the so called better product. It's more difficult to stand your ground and train your people on why a given product doesn't cut it and to SELL the benefit's of real R&D drive time that yields a product that actually deliver's what it promises. I'm all for NOT spending money, but the product has to deliver. Thankfully I am uncorrupted by either having to sell something or to make myself feel good having spend $900 on something that ut oh I might need to resell down the road.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:38 AM
nissansource

Ill be tracking my car with the megans and will be plesently happy with them
Old 04-25-2006, 09:28 AM
VenomZ

if i'm not mistaken, megan racing and k sport use the exact same technology...

the build quality of my new k sport coilovers looks fantastic, when I was talking to the vendor he said that megan and him use the same springs etc...
Old 04-25-2006, 04:29 PM
Amiricanmade

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo Lets See Them On A Car!
Old 04-25-2006, 06:14 PM
IslandZavage

let us know how they work for you...im interested in these coilovers myself
Old 04-26-2006, 07:08 AM
chimmike

well, you guys can track them megans all you want...

with my nismos, sways, 350evo arms and some good camber settings, my z could probably outhandle yours
Old 04-26-2006, 09:24 PM
Fillmatic

Originally Posted by chimmike
well, you guys can track them megans all you want...

with my nismos, sways, 350evo arms and some good camber settings, my z could probably outhandle yours
Our 350z with megan coilovers, swaybars, MY camber settings and toyo RA1 tires will probably outhandle your Z... We should go to the track, that would be fun.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:29 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agreed on "There seems to be a lot of brainwashing that goes on in this forum."

1st about replica bodykit, then BBK (ST) then header then test pipe, then now Megan Coilover. lolz
Old 04-26-2006, 09:32 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Originally Posted by zachcrosen
Hell, you have proven that just because a body kit is cheap, it is not crap.
i proved this already. Vendor pissed at me..people that paid for authentic pissed at me.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:12 AM
zachcrosen

Originally Posted by Bubble
i proved this already. Vendor pissed at me..people that paid for authentic pissed at me.
I know it. Why spend 10x the amount for an authentic prouct if you can buy a replica for 1/10 the cost and it fits just as good as the real one! My Veilside V3 fits ood in spots and crappy in spots. For it to be a $2300 body kit, I am not impressed with the fitment of it!
Old 04-27-2006, 04:37 AM
njsho

Originally Posted by zachcrosen
I know it. Why spend 10x the amount for an authentic prouct if you can buy a replica for 1/10 the cost and it fits just as good as the real one! My Veilside V3 fits ood in spots and crappy in spots. For it to be a $2300 body kit, I am not impressed with the fitment of it!
If nobody buys the authentic product, then the authentic producer wont make any more and the knock off people wont have anything to knock off. That being said Id never pay 2300 for a body kit and sometimes the knock off people keep the authentic product price from being extremely outrageous.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:15 AM
nissansource

coils will have pics car is getting balanced out i gotta sit in the damn thing for 4 hours
Old 04-27-2006, 12:38 PM
zachcrosen

Originally Posted by njsho
If nobody buys the authentic product, then the authentic producer wont make any more and the knock off people wont have anything to knock off. That being said Id never pay 2300 for a body kit and sometimes the knock off people keep the authentic product price from being extremely outrageous.
Yes, I know and understand this. I didn't pay $2300 for my body kit either. I got a helluva an "open box" deal on it.

Quick Reply: Megan Racing Coilovers