Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

squeaking brakes that drive me crazy

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 07:58 PM
Heff[ah]lump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default squeaking brakes that drive me crazy

alllll right. when i first got my car i didnt realize until a little later that when i braked in reverse my brakes would squeak. so i had them looked at and i was told that there was nothing wrong. well after i got my car back, the sound was more prominent and worse. so i brought it in again, and they had to order new nissan pads. well turns out they only put them on the front. my brakes seems to howl and squeak louder than ever! so i had them put new pads in the back as well. and damnit you know what... they still make noise.

this dude handling my car told me that some cars are just prone to have squeaking brakes. for some reason i just think he is full of **** and is hating that he is working on my car for free.

any ideas as to what is wrong with mah carro im beginning to hate this inconvenience! or maybe just give me advice as to what move i should make next. thnx lots!
Old 06-09-2006, 09:00 AM
J Ritt

Your 3 posts lead me to believe you haven't done this yet...do a search! There are roughly 4 million threads on this forum discussing brake noise issues.

But to answer your question , try bedding them in properly: http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp...contents.shtml
Old 06-15-2006, 12:03 PM
Heff[ah]lump

Originally Posted by J Ritt
Your 3 posts lead me to believe you haven't done this yet...do a search! There are roughly 4 million threads on this forum discussing brake noise issues.

But to answer your question , try bedding them in properly: http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp...contents.shtml
grrr actually searching the threads hasnt given me any new feedback. and a lot of posts were from 3 years ago, so i am just really at a dead end
Old 06-15-2006, 12:22 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If you are looking for an easy solution, there may be none. Some brakes are quiet, some are loud. You might try different pads.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:15 AM
J Ritt

Got it. Seriously, try the bed-in first. This usually works quite well.

You may also want to Hawk HPS pads. They are very reasonably priced, quiet, and low dust. Most forum vendors carry them.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:21 AM
ARMSTRONGARMS

there is a tsb for our cars making noise while going in reverse, they add shims to front pads, mine used to do this until they did the tsb and put the shims on, it's all good now.