Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Stock Brakes Suck!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 12:45 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stock Brakes Suck!!

My rotors went out with barely any warnings a slightly squeak turned into a squealing pig in matter of days. Just the front ones, though. Rear still has 50% life left. I'll be getting some stoptech-hawk pads installed.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Demon Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just spent a few bucks on new pads cause I was sick of all the dust from the stock pads. About 9.5k miles, and had to turn the rotors(!). Not impressed at all. But this one time, I'm glad that I don't have the Brembos...those rotors are not cheap from what I've seen. But when the ceramic pads I just put on wear out, I'll be looking for something non-OEM, to put it mildly.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:45 PM
lzaffuto

How many miles? I got 28,000 and no problems so far. My only complaint is that the front wheels(and sometimes the front of the car) need constant scrubbing to get all the brake dust off of them. A quick wash just won't do it... that stuff is more persistant than anything I've ever seen. Thinking about switching to low-dust pads when it's time to change them, but at the same time I love the braking power I've got and I'm not sure I want to lose any of that ability.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:38 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 21.7k miles. Hawk pads should help out with the break dust. $115 a piece for the stoptech rotors and $60 for 1 set of hawks. No caliper upgrades, though.. wonder if I can buy them separately, later...hmm
Old 06-18-2006, 12:14 PM
Demon Z

Originally Posted by lzaffuto
How many miles? I got 28,000 and no problems so far. My only complaint is that the front wheels(and sometimes the front of the car) need constant scrubbing to get all the brake dust off of them. A quick wash just won't do it... that stuff is more persistant than anything I've ever seen. Thinking about switching to low-dust pads when it's time to change them, but at the same time I love the braking power I've got and I'm not sure I want to lose any of that ability.
Meguiar's wheel cleaner....Hot Wheels or some sh*t like that....works REALLY well at getting brake dust off. Highly recommend it.