Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Eibach Pro Kit with Nismo S-tune Struts-will it work good?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 11:20 AM
Soundeffects

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach Pro Kit with Nismo S-tune Struts-will it work good?

I have a Eibach pro-kit on now and thinking about putting some struts on with them to handle better. I get some bouncey rides sometimes on ruff highways. I came across a near-new set of Nismo S-tune struts by them selves. I know they will work but will they work good?
Old 08-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Your getting the bounce because the shocks have very little travel left in them and the bump stops are hitting the tops of the shocks. If you have 03-04 shocks, their valviing isn't helping either. I had Tokico D-spec springs with a simular drop and a bump stop setup without dust sheild so I could see plain as day how little shock travel was left.

On the Nismo shocks, did you win the set that was just on ebay? Can you do me a favor and measure the length of the shock body, I'd like to know if they are any shorter then regular oem shocks.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:30 PM
Soundeffects

lol, yes I got the set on ebay, I will measure them to see if there any shorter body or not.

If it is the bump stops then we have the old honda way of cutting the bumpstops in half for more travel, anyone tried that?
Old 08-17-2006, 09:43 PM
Gsedan35

Originally Posted by Soundeffects
lol, yes I got the set on ebay, I will measure them to see if there any shorter body or not.

If it is the bump stops then we have the old honda way of cutting the bumpstops in half for more travel, anyone tried that?
I almost bid agains you, if they're not shorter I'll be glad I didn't. Plus I had this thought that the guy's son may have been running them with Nismo T2 springs.

Well, the thing is that won't out do what I did for more travel. Without the dust sheilds on, you gain avaliable travel, add in the Koni progressive soft stops that I cut down, then the even shorter Jic stops I tried. Either way, still not short enough to prevent the bump stops from consistently tapping the tops of the shocks and creating issues.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:42 AM
Soundeffects

I was thinking about the T2 springs too since the sticker was on the side of the car,lol So your telling me you have lower springs then stock and have used shorter bumpstops with the factory struts? Your still bottoming them out?

Dust shields are an option then huh?
Old 08-18-2006, 06:11 PM
Gsedan35

I was thinking about the T2 springs too since the sticker was on the side of the car,lol So your telling me you have lower springs then stock and have used shorter bumpstops with the factory struts? Your still bottoming them out?

Dust shields are an option then huh?
Yes, but with Koni's. I ran Tokico D-spec springs with a 1" drop. To gain more front height I even reset the front spring perch 1/4" higher and ran a .6" rear spacer setup, still could not get around lack of shock piston travel. I can only suggest that when Tokico sell's that same spring with their D-spec shock and the D-spec's ability to adjust compression damping stiffer, helps keep you off the stops. Which is why when I sell the springs soon, going to try and see to it that they go to someone with D-specs already.

I took off the dust sheilds because they are costing me avaliable shock piston travel, removing them gave me more travel.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Soundeffects

any problems without the dustshield? dirt,etc..
Old 08-20-2006, 07:36 AM
Gsedan35

any problems without the dustshield? dirt,etc..
No, the Koni's have a really good seal that does not leave a oil film on the piston rod to attach any dust or dirt.