Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

APS strut brace install

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 08:20 AM
Z33WOLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APS strut brace install

Tried seaching however nothing came up.

In order for the APS strut brace to fit the harness over the top of the cam gear covers has to be pulled down and APS provides the clips to hold it in place. I've disconntected just about every factory bracket connecting the harness to the front but it doesn't have any tension to come forward and I don't want to just "grip and rip" this thing and possibly damage a wire. The instructions only show a picture of how it should look installed. What am I missing to get this to work?

Thanks
Old 09-10-2006, 10:38 AM
JasiJ

HMM Not sure about the APS, but the Crawford one is almost the same (I think). What I did was gentle pull the harness down, slow and easy, and it actualy went down and I clipped it in place. Take a look at the pic, you are talking about that harness, yes?

Last edited by JasiJ; 11-01-2007 at 08:05 PM.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:41 PM
Z33WOLF

Thanks, yeah, I figured it out last nite and had to remove all the side clips.

Other problem I am having. After getting it installed and finally seating to each side mount without alot of gap. It's not quite evenly distributed on each joint, and tightened down as much as with each flanged nut on the end joints, there is still some wobble on the the actual strut brace.

I've never had this much trouble in my life over a strut brace, originally all I did was buy a Crawford plenum.

This is the biggest PITA strut brace I've ever delt with in my life.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:38 PM
captj3

It's normal for the bar to move. They designed it like that. Mine has done this from day 1 and all the others that I have seen.
Old 10-23-2021, 02:57 AM
Vladimirko

[QUOTE=edd2045;8195293]yea crawford, stillen, and aps are the only 3, greddy doesnt really maake one for our car the greddy you pointed out above is not for our cars, because i was looking for the design and saw the greddy one but it wanst for the z, intensepowr sells aps and stillen, and ill see if there is still one for sale on the market place for you[/QKupio bih APS šipku podupirača tornjeva za Nissan 350z. Zahvaljujem da mi se javite, jer ozbiljan sam kupac Pozdravljam Vladimir
UOTE]
​​​​​