Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Finally got Brembos + stoptech rotors

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 09:11 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Finally got Brembos + stoptech rotors

Probably one of the most annoying thing for me on the Z was the stock brake system. I mean you would think on a true sports car they would supply some rockin' brakes as a standard feature. I was always jealous of the evo and sti for that particular reason: nicer wheels and brakes then the standard Z.

Anyway I finally found a great though with my buddy Jim (squerly on my350z) and finally got the ball rolling on installing the GT brembos + stoptech rotors (cross drilled and slotted) on my Z last night.

It was quite the experience! 3 hours total...not bad for not having ever taken apart an entire brake system before (most I did was replacing rotors and pads on my teg) And the most surprising thing? Well...that the rotors aren't really held on by anything...

Anyway pics are coming soon!

Last edited by AlvinHuyN; 04-16-2007 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Edited title
Old 04-16-2007, 09:13 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
Probably one of the most annoying thing for me on the Z was the stock brake system. I mean you would think on a true sports car they would supply some rockin' brakes as a standard feature. I was always jealous of the evo and sti for that particular reason: nicer wheels and brakes then the standard Z.

Anyway I finally found a great though with my buddy Jim (squerly on my350z) and finally got the ball rolling on installing the GT brembos + stoptech rotors (cross drilled and slotted) on my Z last night.

It was quite the experience! 3 hours total...not bad for not having ever taken apart an entire brake system before (most I did was replacing rotors and pads on my teg) And the most surprising thing? Well...that the rotors aren't really held on by anything...

+1... They could at least put on some brakes like what the 300ZX have for just the look!
Old 04-17-2007, 07:02 AM
redlude97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice Alvin, what fluid are you running? Did you swap the dust shields as well or trim your stocks?
Old 04-17-2007, 07:32 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by redlude97
Nice Alvin, what fluid are you running? Did you swap the dust shields as well or trim your stocks?
Thanks I'm running Vavoline SynPower full synthetic brake fluid. As for the rear dust shield we used a metal cutter powered by our air gun. Wonder why my friend didn't mention swapping the shields...it's just collecting dust in his garage anyway
Old 04-18-2007, 07:13 AM
THE TECH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice!
Old 04-18-2007, 09:02 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN

I agree with you on all accounts, but remember the Z really is a "budget sports car" and it does have a Brembo option.

Looking forward to pics