Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

NEED HELP - Axxis brake pads

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 02:34 AM
eeZee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP - Axxis brake pads

I have 2006 350Z and I have eaten up my stock pads this weekend at a track session. Down to squealers! It's embarrassing as they squeal/grind even if you don't brake.

Anyways, I need to replace them asap and I hope to run autocross event this weekend, so I am looking for a set of pads that I can get before Thursday (I'm in Canada, BTW).
Instead of doing whole bunch of research like I normally do, I said to heck with it and decided to get Axxis Ultimate ceramic pads for now. I will be going to a track day in late July and may consider track pads (maybe getting new rotors too) for that.

However, I find most places only have front Axxis ULT pads for 2006. Why?
Are the rear brakes on 06 somehow special?

Can anyone point me to a place to order both front and rear Axxis Ultimate with quick shipping?

Thanks!
Old 06-11-2007, 07:22 AM
StopTech
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have a track model or factory Brembos on car? If not, then you will not be able to get the Ultimate compound for your calipers as Axxis does not not produce it in that shape yet. You should have no problem finding rear Ultiamte pads since it is the same pad shape that has been used since the Z was introduced.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:22 PM
eeZee

Originally Posted by StopTech
Do you have a track model or factory Brembos on car? If not, then you will not be able to get the Ultimate compound for your calipers as Axxis does not not produce it in that shape yet. You should have no problem finding rear Ultiamte pads since it is the same pad shape that has been used since the Z was introduced.
Thank you for the reply.

My car is stock 2006 Touring model.

There are front (non-brembo) PBR Ultimate Ceramic pads available for my car:
FRONT: part #D1005C

However, rear show only TO 2005 model year. Why?
REAR

On your website, I see that you do not recommend these for track use on the front rotors. Those BHP XPS look interesting from the description.
My problem is trying to find something right away before Thursday. Maybe I should just get factory pads again for now since I'm not replacing rotors and order something better for my track days in July.

All other websites, I could only find front, but no rear.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:40 PM
XuperXero

Just get HP+, if you're in Toronto, most local parts shop should have them. I'm running them now on my 2004 stanard brakes without much problems on track.

That's the fastest solution for track pads...

mind you, they do squeal quite a bit...
Old 06-12-2007, 02:27 AM
eeZee

Originally Posted by XuperXero
Just get HP+, if you're in Toronto, most local parts shop should have them. I'm running them now on my 2004 stanard brakes without much problems on track.

That's the fastest solution for track pads...

mind you, they do squeal quite a bit...
I'm looking for street/light track pad, although I know there's no such thing. Right now, I need something for daily driving and a couple autocrosses, so I think PBR will do.

That StopTech Stage II is nice!
Old 06-12-2007, 07:16 AM
XuperXero

^Good luck getting it across the border without being raped in the ***......

I was originally going to get the Stoptech Stage 2, but border would kill me so I bought everything locally.

Techna-fit SS Lines, Rotora Front slotted, kiriu blank rear, HP+ Front pads, and axxis ult rear, all for about $850 CAD. A little bit cheaper than the Stoptech kit after duties.