Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Fixing front tire wear and getting new wheels

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 05:20 AM
atrus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixing front tire wear and getting new wheels

Ok I read through many many pages on this forum and I'm still not 100% sure on how to go about this. I really want to get new wheels, (and eventually springs, etc), but as the car sits right now (stock), it has some pretty bad tire wear on the inside of the front two tires, the back seem fine. It is my understanding that this is due to excessive toe setting, which can't be adjusted on the stock car. I don't wanna get new wheels/tires and have them shredded up because of this problem. The SPC camber/caster/toe kits should allow a shop to align everything properly, correct? Since the rear wheels are fine, can I get away with just the front kit for now, or will that effect the rears? I can't buy them all right now, so I'll wait if I have to, but I really wanna ditch these crappy stock rims.

Should I wait and buy wheels and the front and rear kits and then have it all installed/aligned at once? Or can I get just the fronts to fix the front wear problem?
Old 07-17-2007, 05:27 AM
Q45tech

Set static camber to no more than negative 0.7 degrees to minimize camber wear.

Still with G's high caster, the camber gain in turning will increase significantly so all you can do is flip and rotate to equalize the inner vs outer tread loads.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:37 AM
atrus

Originally Posted by Q45tech
Set static camber to no more than negative 0.7 degrees to minimize camber wear.

Still with G's high caster, the camber gain in turning will increase significantly so all you can do is flip and rotate to equalize the inner vs outer tread loads.
So what you're trying to say is that without the kits all I can do is rotate my tires? I'm not sure I follow if you're getting at something else. I'm asking if the kits will help fix the tire wear issue, and if so, which kits do I need if only my fronts are wearing.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:14 AM
frank350z

can you even rotate the tires, I know mine are of different sizes front/rear width.

interested as well on this topic.