Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Need help in choosing coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 03:55 PM
eddienazari

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help in choosing coilovers

Hey guys ,
i got a sprint springs in my car they are suppose to drop it 1.75" but i put it on couple monthes ago and it dropped it like 1" so i need to go to coilovers or if you guys know any springs that give the car a serious drop. Any suggestions on what kind of coilover setup works good with this car
thanks !
Old 08-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I realize this won't be a popular thing to say, but. Do not attempt to run a 1.75" drop on a spring and shock setup. You simply don't have enough bump travel (piston stoke) with that much removed from suspension's travel range. Your front bumpstops cannot be trimmed and are rather unforgving, 03/04 rear bump stops can't be trimmed either, though 04.5+ rear bumpstops do have a small foam insert that can be trimmed. If you must go that low, do it with coilovers.

As has been discussed on a regular basis (going back as close as page 2 or 3 of this section of the board should reveal the threads). What to buy depends on your budget and what you want out of the suspension once the setup is installed. Your better off planning on spending more then you'd like so you can end up with a quality brand that has valving and features that will meet your needs, last thing anyone want's of for you to make a poor choice and end up in the marketplace burning money on resale.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:54 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

there are quite a # of very good coilovers for these cars

first thing to do is decide (and be honest!!) what you use your car primarily for, and what your budget is. From there, I'd be happy to go over all the available options with you, and the pros and cons, to ensure you get the setup perfect for what you need

Adam
Old 08-07-2007, 11:14 AM
eddienazari

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first of all thanks for the reply guys;
my car is going to be a street car 90% of the time it only see track maybe
once or twice a season, and its my second car so it really gets driven like 3 or 4 times a week , so for the most part comfort is important and than peformance and most of all an nice tuck is nice too ,