Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Major road noise after revised springs

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Row2K

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Major road noise after revised springs

Ok,

So i own an '03 G35 coupe and decided I want a minimal drop. So went ahead and installed 350z revised springs. Everything works great and to my surprise the car handles a lot better, better than i expected. I assumed it had to do with the extra negative camber that now became visible in the front of the car. So here's the kicker, very quickly i realized that there is a lot more road noise , especially at around 20 mph , like to the point where you can pretty much hear a transition of of the road noise from mild to LOUD to mild to minimal between 20 mph and 28mph where its the worst.

So I'm guessing that this would be basically me introducing the all too well known tire feathering issue into my G by installing 350z springs. Another guess is that its due to the extra camber and another is that its due to a misalignment in the toe in/out due to the drop, but I have no idea weather dropping the front affects the toe at all. Does toe get affected in the front of the car by dropping it?

And yea, i realize I should get an alignment now to be sure, but I'd rather do it after or before I get camber arms depending on weather this excessive road noise is caused by the camber.

So basically....yea any ideas ?

Thanks,
Mario
Old 08-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nothing about WHAT you installed would be the cause of any noise issues. I have to wonder about your rear toe setting.

Just to say it and this has nothing to do with our noise issues, your rear oem shocks do not have the extended range to effectively deal with the 25% stiffer rear springs you've installed. When you can, either upgrade to 05/07 oem G35 coupe sport suspension shock's front and rear or invest in Tokico D-specs.