Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Stillen Metal Matrix Brake Pads?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 09:18 AM
jelledge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stillen Metal Matrix Brake Pads?

I was recommended to buy some Stillen Metal Matrix pads for 95% street driving and 5% AutoX. No high speed track racing.

Anyone tried these out? Reviews?
They are pretty reasonably priced at about $50 for front or rear.
Old 05-19-2003, 12:54 PM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered them today. They were recommended to me by a Nissan Service manager. He claims you get much less dust and same or better brake performance as the OEMs.

While on the phone with Stillen I also got a set of Goodridge SS Brake Lines. The 6 hose kit. He offered to me at cost, so what the heck...

So with shipping is all $312 and I do to my brakes all I wanted. I am a daily (spirited, street) driver with no track time so going to rotors, etc seemed like overkill and overspending.
Old 05-20-2003, 09:06 AM
1200tt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Complete Junk. I had them on my sentra before. I replaced my first set within 3 months, 2nd set in another 3 months. They had a lot of dusting and a lot of noise.

Finally I switched to Endless Pads, and was so happy with the purchase of the Endless pads. The dusting was pracitally absent, noise was next to none, and the pedal feel was nice and stiff. If your looking for brake stuff get endless. You can even see the difference between the two pads. The stillen pads had a lot of metal in it (Very cost effective for manufacturing) as well as a lot of pits. The Endless Pads were smooth and much denser without the metallic. Good stuff.
I think thier website is www.endlessusa.com

Oh as far as Stillen...the name should be Stealin, they make junk and are expensive. You think you'd pay so much for an exhaust, you wouldn't think it would rust on you. Also they do have a bad rap with Better Business Bureau.

Stillen
Stillen
3176 Airway Avenue
Costa Mesa CA 92626

Business Started: 01/01/86
File Open Date: 09/14/94
Last Report Date: 04/14/03
Principal Contact: Christina Schilling

Phone: (714) 540-5566
Fax: (714) 540-1826
Email: cschilling@stillen.com
Web Address: http://www.stillen.com

Bureau ID: 85002265
Member Status:

Nature of Business
This company's business is selling auto parts through the mail.

Bureau File Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau. An unsatisfactory record is given when a pattern in the company's customer complaints causes us concern, when the company does not respond to complaints, or when it will not substantiate its advertising claims.

In this case, our complaint history for this company shows that although the business has responded to some customer complaints brought to its attention by the Bureau, others remain unanswered.

A Better Business Bureau report is based on our file information and experience with an individual company over the past three years.

The Better Business Bureau does not endorse, recommend, or disapprove of any company, product, or service.

Additional Phone Numbers
(800) 576 - 2144 (714) 540 - 9154

Additional Trade names
Stillen

Additional Addresses
There are no additional addresses for this company on file.

Last edited by 1200tt; 05-20-2003 at 09:09 AM.