Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

GTSPEC Fender Braces - Review + Pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 06:07 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get what you are saying. Unfortunately I am probably not as technically inclined as you are. Hopefully GTSPEC can step in and speak on your level better . The good news is, I do know how to break stuff and it would take a large pissed off gorilla to rip those bolts out of the front. I would be simply amazed if the front of the brace was seeing even 2/3 of the force needed to rip those two bolts out.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:08 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by Dave 90TT
One final question: who did you purchase them from? I know they are GTSPEC, but they don't do direct sales, as far as I know.
You can get them through Relentless Autosports or TH Motorsports, and I am sure a host of others carry GTSPEC as well.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:13 AM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Are they available now? Car is looking mean Mike. Keep up the track terrorizing I remember when you were starting your Journey Congrats with everything.

Chris
Old 09-07-2007, 06:18 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Thanks Chris! Yes, they are available now.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:20 AM
GTSPEC
Sponsor
GTSPEC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike,

As always the car is looking great! I am glad you enjoy the fender braces and we are looking forward to a track review from you.
As you know we produce products to meet our customer’s demands and take pride in the amount of Research and Development we put into all of our designs, basically it was about time we released our fender braces for the 350Z.
To answer a few questions, these braces have been fit successfully on 2003-2005 Japanese market G35’s and will be test fit on USDM G’s shortly. The Price is $229 MSRP and you can purchase them through one of our authorized dealers. Our fender braces will be shipping around the end of this month.
When researching brace design we must take into account a balance between theoretical and “real world” design aspects. A triangular design not only fits underneath a car’s fenders but also satisfies our design criteria. A triangle brace can proportionately transfer an applied forced to two separate points based on the angle nearest the bumper. When designing the brace we make sure that the angle used is one that allows the force to spread evenly across the brace to the two door hinge mounting points. Additionally we choose a triangle design for it has less welds then let’s say a rectangle, decreasing the chances of a weld failing under stress. To address GUITMAN32’s questions he is correct in thinking that the majority of the force would be applied through the front bolts. That being the case any stress on the bar would directly transfer through the front mounting bolts and put stress on the cars sheet metal (not at all what we want to achieve here). To counteract this all of our braces are designed to actually transfer the force away from the mounting bolts by using steel tabs. These tabs brace the backside of the bolt to the fender at 2 more distinct locations. This in turn then takes the stress away from these mounting bolts and allows the brace to do its job.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:24 AM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

GTSPEC

Thanks for coming on here and provind information directly from the source, as it were. I look forward to seeing the fitment on the USDM G35's. I'd be willing to volunteer my G as a test bed...

Dave
Old 09-07-2007, 11:19 AM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Now see, that was much more educated than anything I could have come up with hahaha. Thanks for chiming in GTSPEC.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Devil Z

Who is an authorized dealer for your products on here? I would like to order more than just the fender braces.

Thanks
Old 09-07-2007, 01:33 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave 90TT
GTSPEC

Thanks for coming on here and provind information directly from the source, as it were. I look forward to seeing the fitment on the USDM G35's. I'd be willing to volunteer my G as a test bed...

Dave
+1 Can't wait to see it available for the G!
Old 09-07-2007, 02:21 PM
GTSPEC
Sponsor
GTSPEC

We are also looking into a rear strut bar as well as a complete trunk cage for the G35C. We haven't forgoten about you guys but it has been busy here. Aboust vendors we honestly have quite a few. I suggest looking through the vendor section of my350z or simply send us an email and we can find a dealer closest to you.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Devil Z
Who is an authorized dealer for your products on here? I would like to order more than just the fender braces.

Thanks
and since we're local to GT Spec, we get it before anyone lolol

these are not available yet, but will be very soon
Old 09-07-2007, 03:01 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GTSPEC
We are also looking into a rear strut bar as well as a complete trunk cage for the G35C. We haven't forgoten about you guys but it has been busy here. Aboust vendors we honestly have quite a few. I suggest looking through the vendor section of my350z or simply send us an email and we can find a dealer closest to you.
That's great news! Will the rear strut bar or the trunk cage likely require gutting the interior of the trunk?
Old 09-07-2007, 07:46 PM
Devil Z

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
and since we're local to GT Spec, we get it before anyone lolol

these are not available yet, but will be very soon
Adam you wanna hook me up with a deal?
Old 09-08-2007, 08:29 AM
guitman32

Received 108 Likes on 90 Posts

Thanks for the info GTSPEC, exactly what I was looking for!!! Much appreciated!
Old 09-08-2007, 08:31 AM
eagletanggreen
Got Track!!!!!

Originally Posted by GTSPEC
Mike,

As always the car is looking great! I am glad you enjoy the fender braces and we are looking forward to a track review from you.
As you know we produce products to meet our customer’s demands and take pride in the amount of Research and Development we put into all of our designs, basically it was about time we released our fender braces for the 350Z.
To answer a few questions, these braces have been fit successfully on 2003-2005 Japanese market G35’s and will be test fit on USDM G’s shortly. The Price is $229 MSRP and you can purchase them through one of our authorized dealers. Our fender braces will be shipping around the end of this month.
When researching brace design we must take into account a balance between theoretical and “real world” design aspects. A triangular design not only fits underneath a car’s fenders but also satisfies our design criteria. A triangle brace can proportionately transfer an applied forced to two separate points based on the angle nearest the bumper. When designing the brace we make sure that the angle used is one that allows the force to spread evenly across the brace to the two door hinge mounting points. Additionally we choose a triangle design for it has less welds then let’s say a rectangle, decreasing the chances of a weld failing under stress. To address GUITMAN32’s questions he is correct in thinking that the majority of the force would be applied through the front bolts. That being the case any stress on the bar would directly transfer through the front mounting bolts and put stress on the cars sheet metal (not at all what we want to achieve here). To counteract this all of our braces are designed to actually transfer the force away from the mounting bolts by using steel tabs. These tabs brace the backside of the bolt to the fender at 2 more distinct locations. This in turn then takes the stress away from these mounting bolts and allows the brace to do its job.

You have a PM
Old 09-09-2007, 04:22 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Devil Z
Adam you wanna hook me up with a deal?
I'll let ya know when they are in
Old 09-09-2007, 07:56 AM
RBlover69

i will say it once and say it again. Thats one bad *** time attack Z. Also yea eventually i think im going with liek every part gtspec has lmao. Great bracing mods.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:31 AM
Glex25

I have all the Gtspec braces under my car and love them except for the front one had to remove it since it wouldn't clear the APS oil pan.

If you need a 05 FI'd 6MT G35 Coupe let me know.
I'm next state over and wouldn't mind.

I autocross and road course my car and would love to see how the braces that you have coming down the line would affect my ride.

Last edited by Glex25; 09-09-2007 at 08:35 AM.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Devil Z

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
I'll let ya know when they are in
Just send me a PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:34 PM
SinCity350Z
Track Whore

Originally Posted by RBlover69
i will say it once and say it again. Thats one bad *** time attack Z. Also yea eventually i think im going with liek every part gtspec has lmao. Great bracing mods.
Thanks man.

Quick Reply: GTSPEC Fender Braces - Review + Pics