Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

350EVO new product release.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 06:09 AM
dwnshift

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 350EVO new product release.......

This is the 350EVO Spherical Bearing kit for the Nissan 350Z. The stock suspension travels in an arch and depends on flex in the stock bushings. This causes the suspension to "bind" throughout its travel range.
From what we have found in our testing ...this "bind" contributes to the "hop" on the stock suspension.
The new 350EVO SB bushing kit gives the added strength of a solid bushing while letting the suspension travel throughout its entire range.
These cartridges replace the stock rubber bushings at three locations.
We have developed this kit through our extensive racing and testing in the Grand AM Cup series. We have 9 kits in stock right now.
Each bushing is made up off....
Main housing is CNC machined 4140 CM, stainless steel snap rings, Al cones, and SS bearings.
This picture shows the make up of one bushing and does not show the entire kit.
contact us at
BJ@350EVO.com
The rest of our Polyerathane kit is being developed and we be available soon.
Attached Thumbnails 350EVO new product release.......-350evo-parts-001.jpg  

Last edited by dwnshift; 05-27-2003 at 07:38 AM.
Old 05-27-2003, 06:16 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so this will help to end the wheel hop, awesome, I just need some money.

ps. downplay the "evo" in 350evo... gonna confuse people.
Old 05-27-2003, 06:33 AM
2003z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

price?
Old 05-27-2003, 06:45 AM
J Ritt

BJ,
A few questions...
1. How difficult is the install on these? Would the average shmoe (like me) be able to replace everything with simple hand tools on a jackstand? About how long would the install take? Are any special tools required?
2. Do these squeak or make any sort of noise or harshness compared to stock? I don't want any slop in the suspension, but I also want the thing to be comfortable on the street. I know some people that have had some harshness with pillowball mounts,etc...would these pose any similar issues?
3. How much $$?
4. What is the longevity on these? I'm assuming they will outlast the rubber, which drys and cracks over time?
5. What's the status on those swaybars!?!?

Thanks!
Old 05-27-2003, 08:03 AM
dwnshift

1 - 10 for installation and ten being most difficult this is def. an 8
The stock rubber bushing must be removed and the new bushings must be press in. Minor modifications to the bushings installation points is neccesary.
The 350EVO SB kit sells for $1850. These are top quality parts and maching.
The suspesion travel and alignment will be more precise throught the travel range. Ride quality will not be degraded. (it wont be harsh)

We also have a complete "race" bushing kit that includes the SB kit.
Ou"race" bushing kit is the complete Delrin solid bushings for the entire car.

350EVO complete race bushing kit = $2450+shipping
We will soon have available a Polyurethane street kit for the Z.

We should have 10 sets of sway bars ready for shipping soon.
We are having some difficulties with some of our suppliers as they are also very busy.
Old 05-27-2003, 08:04 AM
dwnshift

350EVO Race bushing / Derin bushing
Attached Thumbnails 350EVO new product release.......-350evo-parts-006.jpg  
Old 05-27-2003, 08:06 AM
dwnshift

350EVO Street Bushing/ Polyurethane bushing
Attached Thumbnails 350EVO new product release.......-350evo-parts-005.jpg  
Old 05-27-2003, 11:33 AM
Brad4rdHay

Seriously, how badly will the ride be affected. Im a *****

I use the Z for everyday and I decided to get 19s with those damn rubber band tires on there so i cant sacrifice any more ride. Will the new bushings make a noticeable difference? Thanks man, and I'm very intereste in your kit.
Old 05-27-2003, 11:38 AM
cbsuper

Yes! Someone is making a bushing kit for the Z! Best mod for any car ever!

Sorry, but I've been wanting a bushing kit for the Z since the car first came out.

And then I saw the price. $2450! I hope this kit comes with a suspension setup as well because I ain't paying that much for a bushing kit.

Last edited by cbsuper; 05-27-2003 at 11:40 AM.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:51 PM
dwnshift

The $2450 price is for the 350EVO Race setup.........
This kit includes the 350EVO Delrin (solid) bushings and the 350EVO SB Spherical Bearing bushing kit. With the Delrin kit the ride will be more harsh. This 350EVO Race setup is suggested for race/ serious tracking only.

The 350EVO Delrin bsuhing kit is $700.

The 350EVO SB (sphereical bearing) can be purschased seperately.... $1800. This kit is the 6 Spherical bearing bushings. It does not affect ride quality as far as harshness.

The 350EVO Polyurethane kit's price has not been finalized as of yet but will be cheeper than the Delrin kit.

You dont have to get the 350EVO SB (spherical bearing kit) with the Polyurethane kit, but it is highly recomended for anyone who is interested in serious tracking or lapping their Z.

The 350EVO SB kit is a serious improvement on the Z's suspension. For serious suspension upgrades...its highly recomended. We can also offer a trade in program to those that might be interested.
Just send us an e mail
bj@350EVO.com
Old 05-27-2003, 01:16 PM
cbsuper

I had driven a Type R that had been gutted and had sat so low to the ground that I felt every bump in the road. In other words, I'm not worried about ride comfortability. My fiancee might, but she understands.

Now pardon my ignorance, but what is the difference between the Delrin bushings and the polyurethane bushings, besides the cost?
Old 05-27-2003, 01:41 PM
dwnshift

Delrin is a very dense plastic

Polyurethane is less dense than Delrin

Rubber OEM bushings are the least dense

The rubber bushings allow for more "flex" in the suspension. The more "flex" you remove....the more precise you make the suspension, but the ride gets more harsh because you are going stiffer.

What we experienced is that there seems to be a lot of "wind up" in the rear suspension bushings (upper rear control arms). This seems to be a contributor to the "hop" situation.
Old 05-27-2003, 02:06 PM
Brad4rdHay

So what yor daying is that if I want to imrpove precision/lesson bounce WHILE still keeping the ride quality, buy the sperical bearings kit (6 new bushings) for $1700 (?)

Basically, the rear bushings are too soft causeing their own ride problems such as "bounce", and you can stiffen them up a tad without a harshness penalty (if i understand correctly)...
Old 05-27-2003, 02:18 PM
apsilon

dwnshift, just want to clarify, the hop you mention, is this the rear axle hop when the wheels are spinning? I think it is but want to make sure.

Also I didn't see any mention of noise with the SB kit?

Thanks.
Old 05-27-2003, 03:40 PM
dwnshift

The hop I am reffering to is the annoying "highway hop" in the rear end.

Noise....not an issue with the SB kit.
....on the Polyurethane kit it is an issue that we are working on to avoid with the right mixture.

The SB kit improves percision in the suspension and improves the overall travel of it. With just the SB kit you will not notice a harsh ride. But the performance improvement is huge.
Old 05-27-2003, 03:59 PM
Brad4rdHay

Ok, sory for so many questions dwnshift, but how streetable is the SB kit. I mean, is it too precise for relaxed cruising? Any increased bump steer, twitchy steering...that sorta thing. Thanks alot man.
Old 05-27-2003, 05:56 PM
dwnshift

The SB kit is streetable. Its primary function is to allow the suspension geometry to move freely..
I really neeed to be able to post a diagram to show exactly what goes on with the stock suspension but.........
The travel of the suspension is not a straight up and down motion, it actually archs throughout its travel. And when this goes through its arch...the suspesion tends to "bind" or becomes less and less free.

We have put over 3500 miles of track/ race testing alone into our suspension on our race car. When we went to this set up it was big differnece on the track.

We wanted to be the first to release this because it has been the biggeest difference in the handling of our Z.

We not to here to sell cheap parts fast...........but to sell the best quallity parts..... that make our race car fast.\

The Delrin bushings and the SB kit are both CNC machined parts......they are very high quallity.
The Polyurethane bushings are molded pieces and the molds are taken straight form the blueprints for the CNC machined parts.
Old 05-27-2003, 06:49 PM
Brad4rdHay

Ok, do you mean the frame arcs, or the actual springs themselves? And iwhat makes the SB bushings different from solid bushings? What makes them different from rubber bushings? Sory if Im buggin ya, just curious.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:06 PM
dwnshift

If you look at the first picture posted.....that is a SB bushing broken down.
The part right above the 350 on the 350EVO logo is a pivot bearing...the two cone shaped pieces fit inside of that bearing...then that assembly fits into the main bushing it allows pivot while maintained in a solid enviroment.
The stock bushing has a Alum or steel tube mounted in rubber....so picture a Alum tube mounted inside a softer rubber housing with 1500 lbs on top of it. the Rubber will "flex"
Old 07-22-2005, 09:48 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going to resurrect this thread,

Has anyone tried this kit out yet?

Any comments?

Is it not all that bad on the street? I can take a pretty good beating and don't mind a stiffer ride. The streets where I live are generally pretty good

how many hours does this job take?

Quick Reply: 350EVO new product release.......