Old 11-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Zybermunster
Fairly new to the "coilover world" so I need some help on deciding between:

1) KSport Kontrol Pro
2) D2 Racing

For a daily driver 2007 Coupe, any stories, advice, tip, suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated!!

Laterzzz...
neither of those choices

don't limit yourself to garbage, or you'll end up with a car you hate

Find out what knowledgeable people recommend - beyond a "they feel great to me" standpoint. Itwill take a bit of your time, around 30-60 minutes of searching and reading, and you'll find that people come back to the same choices time and again.

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 11-19-2007 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
neither of those choices

don't limit yourself to garbage, or you'll end up with a car you hate

Find out what knowledgeable people recommend - beyond a "they feel great to me" standpoint. Itwill take a bit of your time, around 30-60 minutes of searching and reading, and you'll find that people come back to the same choices time and again.
i spent 30 minutes the other day and would say the tein mono flex setup seems to have some great reviews
Old 11-19-2007, 02:53 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

you could definitely do worse - a bit oversprung for my tastes, but at least the dampening changes are somewhat meaningful, and the 2 way height adjustment is a good feature
Old 11-19-2007, 03:36 PM
03redlineZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zybermunster
03 >>>That's one sweet, awesome looking Z!

What offsets are you running?

Thanks, 19X9.5 +22 front and 19X10.5 Rear +22

I sold the LE37s the Z is somewhat apart right now... I am getting ready for my 2007 Bi-xenons/ blacked out and a possible Gloss black TE37 with Blue pinstripe like the TIme attacks...

You will definately want a 1 inch drop or more!! Anything less will not give you the look you want. I really suggest checking into the stance coilover, thats what I am going to get you can go mild or severe for a drop and get the look you and feel you want.. I have heard some vendors selling for $1100-$1200 new!!

-Goodluck with whatever you choose

-Chad
Old 11-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by 03redlineZ
Thanks, 19X9.5 +22 front and 19X10.5 Rear +22

I sold the LE37s the Z is somewhat apart right now... I am getting ready for my 2007 Bi-xenons/ blacked out and a possible Gloss black TE37 with Blue pinstripe like the TIme attacks...

You will definately want a 1 inch drop or more!! Anything less will not give you the look you want. I really suggest checking into the stance coilover, thats what I am going to get you can go mild or severe for a drop and get the look you and feel you want.. I have heard some vendors selling for $1100-$1200 new!!

-Goodluck with whatever you choose

-Chad
just to offer some info on the above. I have heard unfavorable things about the stance coilovers. The complaints stem from the fact that the stance setup doesn't have the rear spring in the oem position.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:22 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Zivman
just to offer some info on the above. I have heard unfavorable things about the stance coilovers. The complaints stem from the fact that the stance setup doesn't have the rear spring in the oem position.

humm i am not sure how that is a big deal...
Old 11-20-2007, 06:27 AM
Zivman

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
humm i am not sure how that is a big deal...
are you serious? changes the whole design setup of the suspension... you are "not sure how that is a big deal"?
Old 11-20-2007, 06:33 AM
Zivman

in reference to the stance coilovers:
Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
The set I drove had among the worst street manners I've ever felt on a Z, at least on our local roads - and -1 for non OE rear spring location (IMHO - but it's a major faux pas in my book). Of course, this car was dropped on the ground, but was still using street friendly tires (19 inch Goodyears). It's the only set I've ever been on, as they just are not popular in our area of the country at all it seems, but I'd charge someone a big time price tag for dialing them in on a track day...they were that far out of whack (had me bobbling all over the place).

Originally Posted by Cyp
a friend of mine purchased the stance suspension, just over a grand, and is very dissatisfied with the ride. The rear is where his problem is. He didn't say specifically what he hates about the feel of the rear. However, my question is, is it possible to take out the rear springs off the stance shocks, leave the shocks in thei place and put a different spring back in the stock car location? The stance website rated the rear stance shocks at 5k. How many lbs is that? Any other known springs rated the same spec? I hope I'm making sense here.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:26 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Zivman
in reference to the stance coilovers:

humm so other than the weight....which can vary depending on teh spring rate..and that way the dampening is adjusted... if a coilover is R&D-ed with as a reverse monotube design and the spring on the coilover... how is that "bad"? Not many drive all the way dropped anyways.
Keep in mind the price range the OP of the thread is talking about...a few of the reverser design monotubes are in that range... and many of this have been tracked a few times with no particular issues.I am not saying this as jsut as good as other models... No reason to recommend as the only solution, higher-end, more expensive coilovers that i am sure the OP looked at if its not in his price range if this other options are good and still an improvement from the stock suspension.
I am personally going with one of the best... the sutec pro7 +teas. Just waiting to install it

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 11-20-2007 at 07:29 AM.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:31 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

the entire geometry of a coil on damper design for the rear of the Z is wrong -from beginning to end. The entire rear of the car would need to be rebuilt, literally, with completely different mounting locations, bushings, rear arms, etc in order to accept this type of setup. It's been talked about in depth before if you care to read about the details.

The Stance units are good for one thing....slamming the car on the ground without using airbags