Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Can anybody answer this question?

Old 01-31-2008, 02:22 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Can anybody answer this question?

On a stock or lowerred Z, when the rear suspenion compresses, you will get more negative camber and more toe in, right?

Does the toe in degrees change as much as the camber degrees?
Old 01-31-2008, 02:31 PM
350ZTheStandard

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HOw about providing the front geometry info on the spring/coilovers & springrates and the amount in inches of just how much you lowered the car. Also will you be running the Z on the strip, time attack or where are you running the Z to ask these questions?
Old 02-01-2008, 05:27 AM
twenzel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 350ZTheStandard
HOw about providing the front geometry info on the spring/coilovers & springrates and the amount in inches of just how much you lowered the car. Also will you be running the Z on the strip, time attack or where are you running the Z to ask these questions?
Slow down there chief. What are you, the inquisition? I think the OP asked a pretty straight forward question. And none of your questions are actually relevant to what he is looking for.

To the OP: They both change at the same time but not the same rate. I imaging the rate the camber changes is actually dynamic. I am not sure if there is an equation to figure it out. Hope that helps.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:03 AM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by twenzel
Slow down there chief. What are you, the inquisition? I think the OP asked a pretty straight forward question. And none of your questions are actually relevant to what he is looking for.

To the OP: They both change at the same time but not the same rate. I imaging the rate the camber changes is actually dynamic. I am not sure if there is an equation to figure it out. Hope that helps.

I was thinking the same thing.

Here's a post where the OP's question is answered.

Cut and paste from https://my350z.com/forum/newreply.ph...eply&p=4459451

Originally Posted by hippie
In response to some posting above here are some numbers that I measured with my Z.

The front end gains 1deg of camber per in. of bump....... .8 lower equals .8 deg more neg camber.......LS-1.8 RS-2 based on average static numbers

More camber will produce toe in, BUT lowering the car will produce toe out....about 1/32 out per side per in. of drop.....up to 1/16 out per in. per side with more travel. The rear gains toe in with bump....starts at 1/16 per in. and goes to 3/32.
Something else that can't be really numbered is bushing induced load compliance or deflection. B.J. from 350EVO mentioned several times that the car's suspension bushings deflected under load and induced their own geometric changes (IIRC he mainly talking about toe changes in the rear from the lower control arm area), it's why they equipped their Grand Am cars with sperical bushings. The Unitech Grand Am team also made mention about the bushings, saying that when they did the R&D work for the Truechoice coilover suspension they went down a different path because of oem suspension bushing compliance in dampning choice.