Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Installed - Nismo Z mass dampers

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 12:21 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

can there be a single thread without a "who's is bigger" contest? Honestly guys, act your ages

a regular Z is a good car, a NISMO Z is a good car...leave it at that, no one's interested in a "mine is better" thread...again
Old 09-20-2008, 12:34 PM
jmark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Voboy
so what do you know about it?
whats the difference between a 2007+ GT Z and a 2007+ Nismo Z? The only difference is that you have a body kit, and yamaha dampers. Your car isn't that special...oh wait... it must be the two tone red seats and stitchings and nismo tachometer that your hyped about not to mention the same oem muffler with bigger tips and have nismo on them!
Educate yourself. The Nismo Z has alot more than what you listed....
Old 09-20-2008, 12:35 PM
blasian

Are you guys seriously arguing about a car that you both own
Old 09-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Voboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jmark
Educate yourself. The Nismo Z has alot more than what you listed....
Please do inform me of more subtle additions that I did not feel was important to mention.

http://www.nissanusa.com/z/specifica...=vlptrim.specs

Originally Posted by blasian
Are you guys seriously arguing about a car that you both own
its not that, its how he's(BlackZTech) trying to call someone out on being ignorant about the car, when mustgofastr obviously stated the facts.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:05 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

LAWL at the ***** envy (Voboy), discrediting and poo flinging...

*owned a '03 Enthusiast Z, an '03 G coupe, and now a '07 Nismo Z.*
Old 09-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Please do inform me of more subtle additions that I did not feel was important to mention.

http://www.nissanusa.com/z/specifica...=vlptrim.specs
That link fails to mention the coolest thing about the nismo Z IMO, the additional seam welds that the car comes with that would be a tedious task to replicate on a non-nismo.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:26 PM
jmark

Originally Posted by Kwame@z1
That link fails to mention the coolest thing about the nismo Z IMO, the additional seam welds that the car comes with that would be a tedious task to replicate on a non-nismo.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Voboy

sorry that was on the first page

http://www.nissanusa.com/z/
Old 09-21-2008, 12:08 AM
warmmilk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
can there be a single thread without a "who's is bigger" contest? Honestly guys, act your ages

a regular Z is a good car, a NISMO Z is a good car...leave it at that, no one's interested in a "mine is better" thread...again
+23454324

seriously, don't derail a good thread into "my e-***** is bigger than your e-*****"

if u wanna argue about a nismo being better or worse than a regular z, start a new thread...
Old 09-25-2008, 09:00 PM
MustGoFastR

Originally Posted by BlackZTech
wow, your so wrong it's not even funny..

Unless you Own NISMO 350z, which you don't then STFU

You no nothing about NISMO 350z, and you should put your foot in your *** making up and talking about thing's you know nothing about.

Please go way and don't post things about something you don't even own.
LOL, I needed a good laugh. Talk about ignorant...
Old 09-25-2008, 09:08 PM
MustGoFastR

I've had the dampeners in for a week now and continue to be impressed with their benefits to my ride quality. I went on a mountain run last weekend and the car handled great. I didn't really notice any improvement over my car's handling characteristics, as it already handled great the way I have it set up, but it DID feel more sure-footed and less skittish over small bumps with the dampeners doing their job. For those with aftermarket suspension set-ups and relatively harsh rides, I would call these dampeners a worth-while mod.

The only negative thing I've noticed is a low creaking noise from the rear at low speeds... I haven't had the time to investigate yet; I may just need to re-torque the rear dampener's bracket bolts. The fact that it's doing that, though, indicates that there must be some flex in the area, in which case having the Nismo dampener/brace in place and working is surely a plus.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:36 AM
idrive_MD

yeah sorry i didnt mean to start anything, i also realize some of what i tried to say didnt come through the type.

I was by no means saying that a stock Nismo-Z is worlds above a comparably equipped GT-Z and obviously a base Z is a great bargain and even better a used Z is a great place to start. The few Nismo-Z's I've seen on track were not stock, they had better wheels, tires and some NA bolt ons. Those additional features plus the Nismo-exclusive updates combined made for an impressive on track presence and behavior while still not being an unbareable to drive track car. I also mentioned its high price being one issue with it all, but anyway...glad to see these nismo components are working well on the other Z's!

back on topic now.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:27 PM
BlackZTech

Thumbs down

Next time don't talk about thing's you don't own and try and make it seem that NISMO 350 is not any better then plane 350z.

The only ignorant person I see here is you with your first post putting down NISMO 350z because you don't have one.

People like you make me sick, you think you know what your talking about and you don't!! you try and play it off like you do.

Please just go away, and stop trying to be NISMO parts tester.:icon 23:

Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
I've had the dampeners in for a week now and continue to be impressed with their benefits to my ride quality. I went on a mountain run last weekend and the car handled great. I didn't really notice any improvement over my car's handling characteristics, as it already handled great the way I have it set up, but it DID feel more sure-footed and less skittish over small bumps with the dampeners doing their job. For those with aftermarket suspension set-ups and relatively harsh rides, I would call these dampeners a worth-while mod.

The only negative thing I've noticed is a low creaking noise from the rear at low speeds... I haven't had the time to investigate yet; I may just need to re-torque the rear dampener's bracket bolts. The fact that it's doing that, though, indicates that there must be some flex in the area, in which case having the Nismo dampener/brace in place and working is surely a plus.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:00 PM
MustGoFastR

Originally Posted by BlackZTech
Next time don't talk about thing's you don't own and try and make it seem that NISMO 350 is not any better then plane 350z.

The only ignorant person I see here is you with your first post putting down NISMO 350z because you don't have one.

People like you make me sick, you think you know what your talking about and you don't!! you try and play it off like you do.

Please just go away, and stop trying to be NISMO parts tester.:icon 23:
Ok, smart@aas, you asked for it... First off, I did NOT play off the Nismo Z (yes, it's called the NISMO Z, NOT the Nismo 350z, idiot) as not being better than a PLAIN (learn to spell, moron) 350Z (maybe you need to work on your reading comprehension as well )

Secondly, so the F@CK what if I don't OWN one? I worked for a Nissan dealership for over a year and had PLENTY of seat time in the Nismo Z and I'd be willing to wager that I know a hell of a lot more about that car (or any Z of any year, for that matter) than you do. Yes, it's got few bolt-on components and the unibody is stitch welded by Autech in key areas to increase rigidity... yes, it's the "best handling Z ever built"... FROM THE FACTORY; never said anything to the contrary.

Third, this thread was in no way, shape or form ever about comparing the nismo Z to the other models; I simply responded to a previous comment with the facts and my educated OPINION (yes, we here in America are still entitled to those, last I checked...). If you want to dispute what I said, why not face facts with facts instead of acting like a retard... Yes, I understand you apparently own a Nismo Z (at least I HOPE so, given your attitude)and you think it's the do-all end-all of Z car handling and performance... well, sonny-boy, you're WRONG, plain and simple, so why don't YOU stop making ASSumptions that your car would be better on a track than a highly modified Z that YOU don't own and obviously know nothing about.

I tell you what I'M sick of... uneducated brats coming on this forum who think they know everything and shooting their mouths off flaming other people. try READING and LEARNING and think before you post. When you have a few (hundred) more CONSTRUCTIVE posts under your belt, then maybe we can have an adult discussion; until then, STFU, NEWB.

NOW we can get back on topic.

Last edited by MustGoFastR; 09-26-2008 at 06:04 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:08 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

But, but, you don't own one, so how can you know anything about one?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Old 09-26-2008, 06:32 PM
Voboy

Originally Posted by Dave 90TT
But, but, you don't own one, so how can you know anything about one?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
He just said he worked for Nissan and has his fair share being behind the car.....

Originally Posted by MustGoFastR
Ok, smart@aas, you asked for it... First off, I did NOT play off the Nismo Z (yes, it's called the NISMO Z, NOT the Nismo 350z, idiot) as not being better than a PLAIN (learn to spell, moron) 350Z (maybe you need to work on your reading comprehension as well )

Secondly, so the F@CK what if I don't OWN one? I worked for a Nissan dealership for over a year and had PLENTY of seat time in the Nismo Z and I'd be willing to wager that I know a hell of a lot more about that car (or any Z of any year, for that matter) than you do. Yes, it's got few bolt-on components and the unibody is stitch welded by Autech in key areas to increase rigidity... yes, it's the "best handling Z ever built"... FROM THE FACTORY; never said anything to the contrary.

Third, this thread was in no way, shape or form ever about comparing the nismo Z to the other models; I simply responded to a previous comment with the facts and my educated OPINION (yes, we here in America are still entitled to those, last I checked...). If you want to dispute what I said, why not face facts with facts instead of acting like a retard... Yes, I understand you apparently own a Nismo Z (at least I HOPE so, given your attitude)and you think it's the do-all end-all of Z car handling and performance... well, sonny-boy, you're WRONG, plain and simple, so why don't YOU stop making ASSumptions that your car would be better on a track than a highly modified Z that YOU don't own and obviously know nothing about.

I tell you what I'M sick of... uneducated brats coming on this forum who think they know everything and shooting their mouths off flaming other people. try READING and LEARNING and think before you post. When you have a few (hundred) more CONSTRUCTIVE posts under your belt, then maybe we can have an adult discussion; until then, STFU, NEWB.

NOW we can get back on topic.
Dude finally.. THANK YOU.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

He just said he worked for Nissan and has his fair share being behind the car.....
Dave was being sarcastic.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Dave was being sarcastic.
Yep, sorry that didn't come across quite as clearly as I meant.

BlackZTech is apparently an idiot. And no, that wasn't sarcasm, just a statement of fact.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:45 PM
Voboy

oops sorry about that hehe
Old 09-26-2008, 09:29 PM
NISMO_558

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow, this thread ended kinda humorously. Theres so many things I wanna say about the whole NISMO Z vs. standard Z, but it's just not worth it.

Quick Reply: Installed - Nismo Z mass dampers