Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Installed - Nismo Z mass dampers

Old 09-27-2008, 06:14 PM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dave 90TT
But, but, you don't own one, so how can you know anything about one?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
LOL
Old 03-08-2015, 04:40 PM
DeusExMaxima

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Got these installed on my 2005 convertible with OEM nismo version 3 body kit. The rear was difficult because the convertible has a trunk and it is narrower where the damper goes.I mounted the damper as close to the normal spot that it would go on a coupe. In order for me to put a nut behind the metal plate, I had to undo the convertible motor on each side to give me enough room to get my hand behind the metal plate.

The front was very easy. The Nismo v3 bumper made it easier. I unbolted the front part of the undertray and slipped the damper inside. There are two existing bolts on each side of the frame rails that are removed. These bolts are too short ....so I got slightly longer ones from Pepboys. The brackets needed to be mounted first and then the damper is mounted to the bracket. The passenger side mount had to have the bolt go in from underneath because there was a piece of frame that was just above the damper bracket which prevented the bolt in from going in from the top. The bracket bolts could be tightened through the front bumper opening but the bolt attaching the damper to the bracket had to be done from underneath in the opening created by dropping the under tray.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:48 AM
isy_nismo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
Got these installed on my 2005 convertible with OEM nismo version 3 body kit. The rear was difficult because the convertible has a trunk and it is narrower where the damper goes.I mounted the damper as close to the normal spot that it would go on a coupe. In order for me to put a nut behind the metal plate, I had to undo the convertible motor on each side to give me enough room to get my hand behind the metal plate.

The front was very easy. The Nismo v3 bumper made it easier. I unbolted the front part of the undertray and slipped the damper inside. There are two existing bolts on each side of the frame rails that are removed. These bolts are too short ....so I got slightly longer ones from Pepboys. The brackets needed to be mounted first and then the damper is mounted to the bracket. The passenger side mount had to have the bolt go in from underneath because there was a piece of frame that was just above the damper bracket which prevented the bolt in from going in from the top. The bracket bolts could be tightened through the front bumper opening but the bolt attaching the damper to the bracket had to be done from underneath in the opening created by dropping the under tray.
Where did you bought those???
Old 03-09-2015, 11:51 PM
DeusExMaxima

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Front damper installed:
Name:  20150308_164213_zpsen9dull0.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  68.1 KB