Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Install/Review of BC Coilover w/pix

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 07:17 AM
IslandZavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Install/Review of BC Coilover w/pix

I just had my install done yesterday @ Performance Factory and I couldnt be happier. First off I wanna say Thankx to them (all the crew @ Performance Factory) for taking care of me and being able to fit me in to their busy schedule at the last minute. See you guys again soon....

Before:
The car always felt good but I knew there could be improvement. I have the Greddy TT on the and the stock suspension couldnt/didnt match the power increase of the car. I would hit a corner and always felt the car wasnt planted enough for the speeds i was going and would slow down and adjust. Also I had the 4x4 look going on and my suspension for some odd reason sat higher on the passenger side even when nissan replaced all 4 springs/struts/etc.. so i never been happy with the look. Heres some pix to give you an idea.

Name:  020_7A.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  80.9 KB

Name:  DSC03810.jpg
Views: 855
Size:  69.3 KB

Name:  DSC03814.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  57.5 KB

Coilovers:
BC BR-Type Coilovers. Well packaged product. The design and construction of theses coilovers looked/felt top-notch. I was really impressed with the overall quality of them.

Name:  DSC03817.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  55.5 KB

Name:  DSC03819.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  57.7 KB

Install:
Install was pretty easy (for them). I honestly thought of just buying the kit and doing it myself, but im glad they did it for me as there were times during the install i thought there was no way in HELL i would of been able to do it as easily/clean of an install they did.

Name:  DSC03821.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  51.3 KB

Name:  DSC03820.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  49.2 KB

I gotta give props on the extender set-up/install.. I honestly would of drilled through the top of the pastic cover, but they went stealth on mine and i love it. Another reason im glad they did the install.

Name:  DSC03837.jpg
Views: 775
Size:  39.3 KB

Name:  DSC03840.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  51.4 KB

Name:  DSC03836.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  37.2 KB

After/Review:
Before i drove mine I took a drive with AJ in his car and his setup is same as mine but set to a stiffer setting. Its hard to believe its the same coilovers. His is a straight up race car and mine no where near his but were on the same coilover. My setting are on the Soft side and the car drive sooo smooth (better than stock by a long shot). To know that i can stiffen them up like his was and is icing on the cake. I had a good 3 hour trip back home and the car/suspension felt so good. I cant get over how smooth it was even with all the damn construction and uneven lanes,etc... I took a couple corners at high speeds and the car felt way better going in and coming out and im still at a soft side setting. Usually the car tail would come out under power, but it doesnt happen now. My confidence in the car has surely increased with these coilovers.

Name:  DSC03826.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  49.8 KB

Name:  DSC03829.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  61.7 KB

Name:  DSC03831.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  53.4 KB

Name:  DSC03830.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  60.7 KB

Name:  DSC03834.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  55.6 KB

I plan on letting the coilovers settle/break-in and then i'll play with the height and dampening settings more. But for a kit thats new/unsettled and on the car it was a night and day feeling coming from stock. I'll be going to Morosso here next wednesday and see what difference or feelings if any it gives me and hopefully i'll be tracking to the car here shortly. I always wanted to track it but the suspension just wasnt were its at now. After it settles i'll be adding the SPC f/r camber kit and a set of sways..

For the price/install/service I couldnt beat this coilover setup. With the range of adjustments the coilover can be for a DD or long trip or a track. I only wish i didnt have to work so i could get more seat time with the setup. Cars gonna sit for a few days until im off again .
Old 04-18-2008, 07:27 AM
Lawy'dU

good install. Did mine myself too. You may want to up the rebound on the front shocks dueto the added weight of your TT kit. Had to do the same thing once I had my supercharger installed.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:28 AM
IslandZavage

Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
good install. Did mine myself too. You may want to up the rebound on the front shocks due to the added weight of your TT kit. Had to do the same thing once I had my supercharger installed.
PF already took care of that setting for me to get me comfortable and a start to play with the settings as i get more adjusted to the car.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:20 AM
red350track

nice dude i'm getting mine installed Tuesday and i cant wait!!
Old 04-22-2008, 08:30 AM
EnjukuBG
Sponsor
Enjuku Racing

It was nice meeting you the other day. Hope you're enjoying the ride!
Old 04-22-2008, 01:48 PM
red350track

Got mine installed today and i absolutely love every aspect of them!
Old 04-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Zambetti

Where are you guys installing the rear damper extenders? I looked in the pics above. Did you just leave it under the piece of plastic, where you have to take it off to adjust?

Never took that piece of wouldnt imagine it would be too hard..
Old 04-22-2008, 05:36 PM
azula

Welcome to the fam bro, sounds like PF is the ****. I can't stop driving my car! I'll see you at the next meet....
Old 04-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Diesel350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never heard of these coilovers. how do they compare to the KW Variant or the Blistein PSS9's in price and comfort?
Old 04-22-2008, 08:38 PM
IslandZavage

Originally Posted by Zambetti
Where are you guys installing the rear damper extenders? I looked in the pics above. Did you just leave it under the piece of plastic, where you have to take it off to adjust?

Never took that piece of wouldnt imagine it would be too hard..
the xtenders are attatched but just hidden by the plastic covers.. there on 24/7 for changes.. There really easy to take off/on...
Old 04-22-2008, 08:49 PM
red350track

i had them drill a hole through the plastic part for my extenders, but either way you could do it its personal preference i guess...
Old 04-23-2008, 06:09 AM
07JimmyZ

Hey island, I'll be going to moroso today-If your still going. I would love to take a ride in the car just to get a feel for it. I was thinking about switching from my NISMO setup but I love the ride, maybe you could help make my decision a little easier. nice car BTW
Old 04-23-2008, 12:30 PM
NoahzBurnt

i switched from an s-tune to teh BC coils and never regretted it for one second....
Old 04-23-2008, 01:34 PM
07JimmyZ

LOL thanks, yeah I just wanted get a feel for it but it seems like I won't have any problems. just trying to convince myself I dont need any more parts, damn mod bug
Old 04-23-2008, 03:05 PM
IslandZavage

I wont be going to Morosso this week. Most likely i'll go next week. Im waiting on my helmet to come in, I just dont feel like putting my head in a morosso helmet thats been on 1,000,000,00o heads.lol.. If your up there i'll be more than happy to let you feel the ride..

I set it to full hard today and man it was fun!!! But full hard is not a DD setup for me. after awhile i had to pull over and set it back to a more civil setting. It would be great for the track on hard. The corners where alot more easier and i could take them faster than before.. With the extenders (great idea) its way too easy to adjust. Right now im set at 15/15 and it's a very compliant and comfy.. Tomorrow im gonna set it to full Soft and see how it is, but i have a feeling im gonna keep it some what in the middle of soft and hard to give it a soft sporty feeling, but damn was hard fun...lol..
Old 04-23-2008, 03:06 PM
IslandZavage

Originally Posted by red350track
i had them drill a hole through the plastic part for my extenders, but either way you could do it its personal preference i guess...
I honestly never thought of keeping it under the cover, but im glad they installed it like that..
Old 04-23-2008, 04:36 PM
masterj26

damn Paco, looks much better with the drop. See you added the spoiler too. I don't even remember what my car looks like.. depressing.. So overall you impressed with those coilovers?
Old 04-23-2008, 04:43 PM
IslandZavage

Hey wassup man.. just send me your keys and i'll drive you car for you..lol..lol.. Your car is too pimp to be sitting...So far yeah im impressed with the coilovers. Makes me honesly wish i bought them sooner. Id be driving right now if i wasnt so soar from working out. With it set to full hard i couldnt resist making extra turns on the way home..lol. I took my brother for a ride and didnt tell him about the coilovers and we took a long turn kinda fast, and he said "damn your car seems more stable/planted then normal". I cant wait to match them up with some sways.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:30 AM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Recently installed a set and I was bottoming out. I took the coilovers straight from the box to the car without adjusting anything. I am running a TT set-up so there is an added weight factor.
Do I just crank up the springs to raise the car height and stiffen up the settings to more stiff??? I believe out of the box they are set at 8 which is more on the soft side. (I forget how many total settings there are actually...I'd have to check the manual.)
Hopefully this will fix the bottoming out problem. I don't want to damage the underside of the car...exhaust, etc...
Old 04-24-2008, 08:51 AM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

But the car does sit really nicely.
Thanks Noah for the Hook up...

Quick Reply: Install/Review of BC Coilover w/pix