Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Picked up my Big Brake Kit!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008 | 10:13 AM
Vader007

No rear kits on that site, whats up with that?
Old 05-12-2008 | 02:57 PM
Villainous350z

Originally Posted by Vader007
No rear kits on that site, whats up with that?
I believe he will have inventory at the end of the month... he might have them in stock i would call him just to check the eta.
Old 05-13-2008 | 08:00 PM
azula

moar pics of the kit on ur car, and congrats
Old 05-14-2008 | 10:05 PM
Billhyco

is it to much to ask for you to try and slide your 17" wheels over that kit? i want that kit and my track wheels are the factory 17's. i heard they will fit. can you or anyone confirm?
Old 05-17-2008 | 03:15 PM
JCFW

Originally Posted by Robert_K
Are you refering to a BBK or the WilWood kit itself?
I too am interested in the Wilwood kit, is it worth the price, since l mean l wouldn't be tracking more car or anything like that, but is it worth the bling factor with the increased breaking? I know most people will recommend the stoptech, but for more of a show, l really don't want to pay that kind of money for a stoptech kit. any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 05-17-2008 | 03:29 PM
JETPILOT

How can anybody tell you if it's worth buying just for the looks. Only you can decide that. There won't be any increase in brake performance over the OEM for the conditions you will see in daily driving.

JET
Old 05-18-2008 | 02:38 PM
Villainous350z

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
How can anybody tell you if it's worth buying just for the looks. Only you can decide that. There won't be any increase in brake performance over the OEM for the conditions you will see in daily driving.

JET
Agreed. If you drive your car harder than the average person you will see a difference. I bought mine since I am going with larger wheels... that will give it a more aggressive look and with the addition of FI soon I would really like to slow down more efficiently since I will be on the gas harder I am sure!

Since the rotors are 13" they will fit 18s but I am not sure about 17" to be honest. I have 19 all around at the moment and am moving to 19 in the front and 20 in the rear. I believe OnADime will be a vendor on here shortly which will be good for those that have questions but what I have found so far is that they are great to work with and always willing to answer questions. I e-mailed Alex and asked him for specs from what you guys have asked, here is what I got thus far.

"Powdercoating = $100 (for two calipers in whatever color/finish)

Stage I info:
Calipers: Forged Superlight 4 Calipers (1.62" Pistons, 4 Pistons, 1.10" Disc Width, Lug Mount)
Rotors: 13"x1.10" Drilled/Diamond Slotted/Coated from Centric who owns Stoptech. 19lbs each.
Mounts: CNC'd to the thousandth of an inch, coated for rust protection, Grade 8 stainless bolts, guaranteed to fit.
Lines: Wilwood Stainless lines made specifically for the Wilwood calipers.
Pads: Wilwood BP10 pads, .45 pad coefficient, best for street and strip driving, 16mm or 20mm depending on kit.

Stage II Info:
Calipers: Billet Forged Superlight SL6 Calipers (narrow mount, newest technology, 1.62"/1.12"/1.12" piston size) More info: Here
::Rest is same from above::

Rear Kits:
Calipers: Billet Forged DynaPro Caliper ( 4 piston, narrow mount, 1" piston size, for 1.25" rotors).

Ebrake Compatible!

I know you're gonna ask, but the .15" difference in rotor width is .075" on both sides of the rotor and not enough to provide a spacer for. We'd have to get them laser cut and they'd be flimsy as all hell anyway and not even recommended from Wilwood. One would just have to replace the rear pads more often, but in reality it would be all the same. Unfortunately Wilwood does not have a lug mount caliper that's 1" piston size in a 4piston setup for a 1.10" rotor.

We also have OEM Stock replacement rotors:
OEM Upgrade packages:
OEM Pads:

Bias for Front and Rear:
72/28
78/22
68/32
75/25
76/24
69/31
81/19
80/20
74/26

Q: Ok, so which one is it?
A: All of the above.

Which one would you like it to be? Bias can be swung 5% to 10% just based off the pad selection. If one wants to have the best street setup it'll be different then a track setup and peoples preferences, tires, wheels etc. come into factor when calculating bias. With that being said there's no magic number for a particular persona/car/situation. I'm not even going to try and calculate front/rear bias with our stage kits and stock rears because there's way to many factors that come into play. Trust me Ken, I wouldn't be producing these if they didn't perform and provide an upgrade.... I put my name on it and stand behind what I sell.

I think I pretty much covered it. If there's anything else you need please let me know!

All the best,
Alex"

Last edited by Villainous350z; 05-18-2008 at 02:43 PM.