Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Camber Kits

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 04:00 PM
mcarther101

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Camber Kits

I was looking around for front camber arms & rear toe kits on here and it seems like a set would run $500 at least. I see similar kits on ebay for much less. Yes, yes, ebay is bad, evil, yada yada... but seriously though how much better could one adjustable steel arm be over another? Why buy a name-brand widget for $20 when you can get a generic widget of the same design and material for $5?

Has anyone gotten an ebay camber kit that is reliable? If so please state which vendor, and specify the product name.

*Dawns flame suit for speaking of ebay*
Old 06-10-2008, 04:44 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcarther101
Why buy a name-brand widget for $20 when you can get a generic widget of the same design and material for $5?
You are falling into "Ebay Marketing",

You can get a SPC products for good price.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:56 PM
mcarther101

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hm... I haven't learned this term of "ebay marketing" in any of my marketing classes. I assume it means to sell something at a below-market price. I think rather than myself falling for "ebay marketing," there are a lot of people who blindly fall for branding. Sure, a brand name may guarantee or at least represent quality, but not being a brand product doesn't necessarily mean a lack of quality.

Anyhow when it comes to things like nuts, bolts, and really simple pieces of metal, I wonder how much product quality can really vary. Surely there has to be comparable camber kits out there for substantially less given the simplicity of their design. Or correct me if I'm wrong, perhaps these camber devices are much more complicated than they appear.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

^

Ebay is not bad at all, i'm still using ebay HID kits for 6 or 7 months, no problem.

I was on same boat as you, when i was shopping for brake system.
And i saw ebay rotors/pads for cheap!, and it says " High quality CENTRIC ROTORS~!!We are not like other Ebay seller!!!" which is i heard good things about 'centric rotors'...but..it failed after few months...... I tried to save few 100 bucks but then i ended up spent MORE money for brake system. ( total spend $ = nice set used Brembo kit )

i will say, think one more time if you are looking for major parts from ebay.

it's just my

Sorry about my grammar.

-Lee
Old 06-10-2008, 06:07 PM
WhiskeyHotel

Yea, I got my Kinetx kit from Ebay. I probably would not have bid if it had not been a brand I was familiar with (Ask to be sure)
Old 06-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Slow*Jim

Do it right the first time. If you can't afford quality parts, go buy a Honda and ebay the crap out of it.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:56 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by Slow*Jim
If you can't afford quality parts, go buy a Honda and ebay the crap out of it.

Failed. what S2000?
Old 06-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mcarther101
I was looking around for front camber arms & rear toe kits on here and it seems like a set would run $500 at least. I see similar kits on ebay for much less. Yes, yes, ebay is bad, evil, yada yada... but seriously though how much better could one adjustable steel arm be over another? Why buy a name-brand widget for $20 when you can get a generic widget of the same design and material for $5?

Has anyone gotten an ebay camber kit that is reliable? If so please state which vendor, and specify the product name.

*Dawns flame suit for speaking of ebay*
not every part sold will do what you need it to. If you look around on these forums, you'll see the same parts mentioned over, and over and over again. It's not by accident
Old 06-10-2008, 07:52 PM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
not every part sold will do what you need it to. If you look around on these forums, you'll see the same parts mentioned over, and over and over again. It's not by accident
+1

I understand these maybe similar in looks but function may be totally different. Its your car and i am the last one to tell you what to do with it, but if you are willing to take a chance on a part that has not been tested then good luck. A lot of R&D goes into these parts, not only by the manufacturer but also with the members on this and other forums. To try and save a few $$ and take a chance on a piece of your suspension failing, potentially hurting the car, but more importantly yourself or someone else, is a big risk. Save your money until you can buy a set, that maybe entry level, but has been tested. If you can keep checking, you can also find used parts on the forum. Be patient young grass hoppa