Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Installation

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 05:01 AM
go_speed_engy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installation

Hello All,
I am considering purchasing BC Racing Coilovers and the SPC Rear Camber and Toe Kit from Z1 auto. I would want to lower the car some, but not very much, maybe an inch. My understanding is that this is all I would need, ie I wouldnt need a new front control arms, can somone confirm that for me?

I also have another question. I plan to install these parts myself. However if I had trouble, or was to busy with work, are there places one can have this done? In other words, can I take my car and aftermarket parts to a Nissan dealer and have them install them? If so, would they know how to?

Lastly, say I was able to install the parts myself, could I take the car to an a shop to have it aligned, even with aftermarket parts? Thanks guys, Im sure these are stupid questions but Im knew to the whole idea of buying aftermarket parts, except for Hotchkiss sway bars which were pretty simple. Thanks for the help!!
Old 07-22-2008, 07:51 AM
chopperman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its really not that difficult to install those parts. There are a couple how to's in the DIY section. You will need to get an aliment after you install those parts, your tow/camber will be out of wack.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:24 AM
go_speed_engy

Yes I am pretty confident that I can do it, I was just curious about installations options as a backup. Also, can anyone confirm that the components I mentioned in my first post are all I need, as in, I dont need new front control arms or front camber kit or somthing along those lines? Thanks again, and that for the initial replies!!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:34 AM
350z-Jason

front arms might be necessary, depends on how much lower you go than stock. install them, get it aligned and then if youre still out of factory spec on the front, you need them.