Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

EBC Sport Rotors and EBC Red Stuff Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 12:43 PM
Yung350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EBC Sport Rotors and EBC Red Stuff Brake Pads

I recently went to the dealership and i was told that i needed to change my brakes and rotors. Nissan wanted 800 bucks for everything but i was thinking to go with slotted rotors and different brakes because there better and cheap compared to stock. Anyways ive been looking at going with EBC Sport Rotors and EBC Red Stuff Brake Pads. Has anyone ever used these or know anyone who has? -Thanks
Old 08-21-2008, 01:27 PM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you track your car? if not stay away from the red stuff pads.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:09 PM
roast

Originally Posted by Z04
do you track your car? if not stay away from the red stuff pads.
?????

EBC V2 Redstuff

EBC’s high performance road compound, the next grade up from Greenstuff, Redstuff pads deliver unparalleled stopping power up to a blistering 750°C, making them extremely suitable for cars such as M3, Mitsubishi Evo, Subaru Impreza etc. Recommended for road cars with 200+ BHP.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:04 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,292 Likes on 1,652 Posts

Greens will be just fine for the street. The ebc rotors are just fine too.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:02 AM
Z04

Originally Posted by roast
?????

EBC V2 Redstuff

EBC’s high performance road compound, the next grade up from Greenstuff, Redstuff pads deliver unparalleled stopping power up to a blistering 750°C, making them extremely suitable for cars such as M3, Mitsubishi Evo, Subaru Impreza etc. Recommended for road cars with 200+ BHP.
i got that info from people who had actually used these before, not from an advertisement
Old 08-22-2008, 11:04 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Running Yellows on mine, certainly no gripes, less brake dust too, much better stopping that stock, heat range is a bit higher than the reds. Had them on about 2k now, maybe a bit more. Running different rotors.

http://www.ebcbrakes.com/automotive.html
Old 08-23-2008, 09:34 AM
roast

Originally Posted by Z04
i got that info from people who had actually used these before, not from an advertisement

So you heard it through the grapevine and that somehow carries more weight than what the manufacturer has to say about the intended use of their own pads? Mmmmk, whatever dude.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:40 AM
roast

Yung,

I'd get centric rotors. Non-slotted and non-drilled/dimpled. They are less expensive and IMO better than the EBC sport rotors.

As far as which pads to get.... it depends on your intended use. People always assume if something is stock, it must suck, but that is not true. If you are are driving on the street and do not plan to track the car, OEM pads are perfectly fine.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:50 AM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

I have the EBC rotors and Green Stuff pads. There is very little brake dust and they work perfectly.

Les
Attached Thumbnails EBC Sport Rotors and EBC Red Stuff Brake Pads-ebc-rotor-small.jpg  
Old 08-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Z04

So you heard it through the grapevine and that somehow carries more weight than what the manufacturer has to say about the intended use of their own pads? Mmmmk, whatever dude.
no, i have seen it from a few friends who actually used them and will never use them again for the fact they are not good on a street car. and what the manufacturer has to say is nothing more than a thing called "marketing" and "advertising", which is tellig the buyer what they want to hear inorder to sell a product, whether it is true or not. as far as the EBC goes, i mainly stated the red stuff is a bit too harsh for dialy street use. now if he went with the green stuff pads (which i have used personally, but not on a Z) i would recommend those for a daily driven car.

Yung,

I'd get centric rotors. Non-slotted and non-drilled/dimpled. They are less expensive and IMO better than the EBC sport rotors.

As far as which pads to get.... it depends on your intended use. People always assume if something is stock, it must suck, but that is not true. If you are are driving on the street and do not plan to track the car, OEM pads are perfectly fine.
WTF!!! make up your mind. that is pretty much what i originally said in my first response
Old 08-26-2008, 01:42 PM
hopupracing
Vendor - Former Vendor

Yung, Assuming its a daily driver, I would go with KornerCarver's setup.

Andy
Hop Up Racing

Originally Posted by KornerCarver
I have the EBC rotors and Green Stuff pads. There is very little brake dust and they work perfectly.

Les
Old 08-28-2008, 10:43 AM
VQdriver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

my sis' impreza 2.5RS has greenstuff pads on. i got it because of all the good reviews on i-club, etc. never again. those pads suck! no initial grip (compared to stock) and scary when it rains. it's also scary when you really have to lean very hard on the brake pedal and the car doesn't seem to want to slow down. axxis ultimate pads all the way FTW! just from personal experience.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Done Deal DR

I'm using Redstuff pads right now, on the street, though they may work a bit better here in AZ being that it's always hot outside and it may take a little less time to hat up to their optimal temperature. I've never had a moment with the pads where it felt like I didn't have strong stopping power, whether I just turned the car on or whether I've been driving it hard for hours.

To side with Z04 though, I'd still recommend the Greenstuff pads for a street car though, especially if you get low temps where you live.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:57 AM
armt350z

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

i'm using the redstuff pads and rotors. Prior to June I AutoXed at least once a month usually more and they are performing wonderfully on the autobahn in germany now that its here. You may want to consider getting blanks if the slotted noise might annoy you though. If you dont plan on doing repeated heavy braking then get the green stuff pads you will be happier. Also if your using factory brake fluid you probably dont need the red stuffs...
Old 08-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Done Deal DR

I'd also recommend the Motul RBF600 fluid and SS brakelines. Just be cognizant that this fluid, while awesome, requires a little more maintenance than stock brake fluid (bleeding lines more often, replacing fluid).
Old 08-28-2008, 12:18 PM
redzzand

I use EBC rotos & EBC red stuff pads too. Never had a problem with either. Bite is excellent in cold and hot weather. The hotter these pads get, the better the bite!! speaking of, i need replacement pads!
Old 08-29-2008, 03:39 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,292 Likes on 1,652 Posts

Originally Posted by Done Deal DR
I'd also recommend the Motul RBF600 fluid
Over kill for the street, hell i track the **** out of my car and only run off the shelf Dot4 from pepboys without problem.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:00 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by Done Deal DR
I'd also recommend the Motul RBF600 fluid and SS brakelines. Just be cognizant that this fluid, while awesome, requires a little more maintenance than stock brake fluid (bleeding lines more often, replacing fluid).
IMO, I wouldn't go that far, unless i upgrade my brakes to BBK. Dot3/4 or Dot4 fluids with OEM brake lines works fine.

Last edited by Chef-J; 08-29-2008 at 08:02 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:08 PM
specialized5223

I just swapped for Goodridge SS lines which made a WORLDDDDD of difference. I'm running motul 600 dot fluid which is coping really well with the heat. EBC rotors and red and yellow stuff pads. a bit dusty on the yellows but i frequently clean the car so its not a huge issue. Excellent performance. I daily drive my ZR and I track it 2-3 times a week. My street driving is very aggressive. I'd say it's a great setup considering what I spent on it. If you have any specific questions just PM me.

Make sure you properly bed these in....
Old 08-30-2008, 12:09 PM
specialized5223

sorry, DOT4 fluid. Typo*

Quick Reply: EBC Sport Rotors and EBC Red Stuff Brake Pads