Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Kbee Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 05:49 PM
wazhucks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kbee Coilovers

I searched and search but only found one review of the kbee coilovers? Just wondering what do you guys think about them are they a good coilover for the price? And what coilover would you say is the best bang for the buck? Im not looking to Track the car, just looking for a somewhat stiffer ride with a nice drop.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:16 PM
travismaser

iv been wondering the same!!..i searched and found nothing and i even tryed to find a place to buy them to see if there were any ratings...but i dident find anything....
Old 09-25-2008, 07:19 PM
r_seng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can assure you these are bang for the buck if you want a good low budget coilovers, of course you will have those "ballers" that tell you to get the legit coilovers and blow you retirement savings away. KBees' are the best way to go if you are doing 90% street driving and the occasional spirited drive, you can even track with these no problem.

- 12kg Front 12kg Rear
- Cold wound springs
- Mono tube
- 55mm piston shocks
- 15 way damp adjustability
- Ride height adjustable
- Pre-load adjustable
- Upper pillow ball mounts
- Spring thrush sheets on front coils to prevent spring binding

Old 09-25-2008, 07:46 PM
4thHorse

They look just like Stance. Maybe from the same factory, but the rates are different.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:04 PM
travismaser

who would u recommend as a good dealer for them?
Old 09-26-2008, 05:47 PM
4thHorse

Not sure of your location,try on of the site sponsors.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:18 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

haha, i remember one of our members/sponsor "THE TECH" was selling these by saying that they are going to be the next big thing in coilovers. Look at it now. Marketing schemes.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:40 AM
wazhucks

so is it not recommended to jump on these coilovers "superblack"?
Old 09-27-2008, 02:38 AM
n1sm0r

I like them. 1 drift event so far, and I'm pretty impressed.
Full soft rides pretty smooth considering the spring rates, but dial up the valving and it gets rough and harsh just the way it should for track driving
Old 09-27-2008, 03:24 PM
r_seng

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
haha, i remember one of our members/sponsor "THE TECH" was selling these by saying that they are going to be the next big thing in coilovers. Look at it now. Marketing schemes.
Can't really knock on them just because its not a "brand name". There are too many quips out there when it comes to coilovers, but when it comes down to it its just a personal choice on which on whoever likes. There is no point to those who just want a stiffer ride while being able to lower it all with adjustability, to get a brand name coilover costing upwards towards $1,500.00 just to drive it on the street.

I'm not trying to knock those with these systems, like I said its just a personal choice of liking. I must admit while THE TECH's advertising was a market scheme, you have to think, then again, what isn't a marketing scheme when you are trying to sell something? The truth is that most everything today is out-sourced to other countries for the contruction and build of products; Yes you will have those companies that say their products are 100% Made In Japan or In House Made, whos the say that their products aren't out-sourced and assembled back in Japan, so technically, they're not lying when saying "Made In Japan".

Personally I think that KBee Coilovers are a great product for the money and will give the owner more then they want, in terms of performance and adjustability. Its a great street system with performance capabilities, some say they are from the same factory as Stance, so they is another bonus if they are, Stance has already been tried and proven in the racing world.

Sorry just have to get that off my chest when I see someone knocking another brand just because they are not brand name, superblack350z, this is in no way a "taking a shot" at you.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:43 PM

so how much are these??
Old 09-27-2008, 04:48 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by r_seng
Can't really knock on them just because its not a "brand name". There are too many quips out there when it comes to coilovers, but when it comes down to it its just a personal choice on which on whoever likes. There is no point to those who just want a stiffer ride while being able to lower it all with adjustability, to get a brand name coilover costing upwards towards $1,500.00 just to drive it on the street.

I'm not trying to knock those with these systems, like I said its just a personal choice of liking. I must admit while THE TECH's advertising was a market scheme, you have to think, then again, what isn't a marketing scheme when you are trying to sell something? The truth is that most everything today is out-sourced to other countries for the contruction and build of products; Yes you will have those companies that say their products are 100% Made In Japan or In House Made, whos the say that their products aren't out-sourced and assembled back in Japan, so technically, they're not lying when saying "Made In Japan".

Personally I think that KBee Coilovers are a great product for the money and will give the owner more then they want, in terms of performance and adjustability. Its a great street system with performance capabilities, some say they are from the same factory as Stance, so they is another bonus if they are, Stance has already been tried and proven in the racing world.

Sorry just have to get that off my chest when I see someone knocking another brand just because they are not brand name, superblack350z, this is in no way a "taking a shot" at you.
Understood. But i wasn't knocking them as coilovers, i was posting how i think it's funny when a vendor tries to say "hey, get these now for this great price while it lasts because in a few months, these will be the next best thing and prices will skyrocket..just to sell a product. As you can see, they aren't the next big thing, on any forum.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:04 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by n1sm0r
I like them. 1 drift event so far, and I'm pretty impressed.
Full soft rides pretty smooth considering the spring rates, but dial up the valving and it gets rough and harsh just the way it should for track driving
its designed to get rough and harsh? interesting concept
Old 09-28-2008, 10:37 AM
wazhucks

so if i was looking not to track my car and mildy stiff ride, how would u guys rate this coilover then. cause coming from my standpoint is there any other coilover that would do the same: a good drop, with mild to decent stiff ride, with adjustable dampening systems. Or would you guys prefer to take a spring/shock combo over the kbees.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:04 PM
tokidoki

these are copies of stance. like megans are of apexi.
my friends were the first in US to try them when aspec brought them in from Japan. they said it was pretty good.

im getting these in 2 weeks
Old 11-13-2008, 06:42 PM
ginobetterfly

i had these... they're aiight.

never tracked with them, just street driving and a spirited drive here and there... not bad..

not rough either... comfortable, and you can always adjust.

i paid $650 for them barely used, i wouldnt pay any more than that..