Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Q on combining Hmax III's with Cusco sways

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Russ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q on combining Hmax III's with Cusco sways

I installed Cusco sways a while back, and they're fantastic, I love'em. So I'm thinking about taking the next step on the suspension and add coilovers (or a shocks/springs combo but prefer a coilover, I'm currently still running stock '03 shocks & springs). I'm sure the Nismo S-Tune suspension would be more than adequate for me, and the Hmax III's would probably be overkill but what the heck. It seems that for a little more cash, I can get the Hmax III's and have a wide range of adjustability compared to the S-Tune (which have no adjustability). Daily driver & street performance, looking to reduce the bounce on the freeway, lower the car a bit (1" or less) and further improve handling.

Spring rate wise, the Hmax III's seem to be a similar setup to the S-Tune. Both 9kg/mm (504 lbs/in) in the rear and fairly close in the front (S-Tune 8 kg/mm (448 lbs/in), Hmax III 9kg/mm (504 lbs/in)). The Cusco sway is also stiffer in the rear than the Nismo S-Tune sway so it seems like the Cusco rear sway might be a good combo with the slightly stiffer Hmax front springs. I have no idea how the dampening of the S-Tune shocks compares with the Hmax III's.

Before I do something really stupid, just wanted to see if anyone is running with the Hmax III coilovers combined with Cusco sways?
What are your thoughts on this combo?