Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Response from Koni

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 05:54 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Update.

Mark,

The rear shocks at this point will be coming in towards the end of January while I do not have firm date on when the fronts will be coming in yet. They are coming but unfortuately get the pieces production ready have pushed it back further than my earlier predictions had indicated. I am sorry for any inconvience this may have caused but it was based on what information that I had at the time. Thanks.

Gordon
Old 10-03-2003, 06:07 AM
kwanderi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bummer, don't think I'm willing to wait that long. It's not only the bounce anymore, it's starting to be other little things as well. I'm getting rattles from the back area, poor quality paint, the seats are too hard and too narrow, but that's just my opinion.

Go ahead and cry foul all you want, but I have to say this is the lowest quality new car I've purchased in the last 10 years. Not happy with it at all so far.

Been looking at the new GTO and I think I'm going to trade the Z in come November.

Last edited by kwanderi; 10-03-2003 at 06:10 AM.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:02 AM
Boomer

Originally posted by jmark
Update.

Mark,

The rear shocks at this point will be coming in towards the end of January while I do not have firm date on when the fronts will be coming in yet. They are coming but unfortuately get the pieces production ready have pushed it back further than my earlier predictions had indicated. I am sorry for any inconvience this may have caused but it was based on what information that I had at the time. Thanks.

Gordon
This is very disappointing. I had hoped for the Konis, but I will check with Tokiko to see how far along they are on releasing their struts/springs. I would prefer to buy just struts, but if the springs are progressive w/a drop of no more than .5". I may get both and make my wife park on top of the wine cellar. It seems they would be 2 different shocks. You can adjust the fronts w/Illuminas, but the back might not have an adjustment. I don't know how they could use the Illuminas in back, but I don't care if they mix them, its the front which concerns me and Gordon's reply just blew that out of the water w/his statements about rears first and no date at all for the fronts. I suppose the backs may be needed more than the fronts to cure the bounce.

Did Gordon say why they would be releasing only the rear struts in January?
Old 10-03-2003, 12:29 PM
jmark

Boomer he didn't really say when either would be released just that the rears were due first. I heard problems with suppliers were holding things up.
Old 10-03-2003, 02:20 PM
Boomer

Boomer he didn't really say when either would be released just that the rears were due first. I heard problems with suppliers were holding things up.
Further thought has me agreeing the rear should be released first, probably. The crashing comes from the front, the bounce from the rear. OK, but I have a call in to Tokiko anyway.
Old 10-03-2003, 04:43 PM
jmark

Let us know what they say.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:16 PM
Boomer

Will do so.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:58 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by kwanderi
Bummer, don't think I'm willing to wait that long. It's not only the bounce anymore, it's starting to be other little things as well. I'm getting rattles from the back area, poor quality paint, the seats are too hard and too narrow, but that's just my opinion.

Go ahead and cry foul all you want, but I have to say this is the lowest quality new car I've purchased in the last 10 years. Not happy with it at all so far.

Been looking at the new GTO and I think I'm going to trade the Z in come November.
If you're not happy with the Z's quality, do really expect a GM car is going to make you happy? Besides, the GTO is about as exciting looking as Rosie O'Donnell.

Maybe I've just been lucky with my Z, but so far, the car has been flawless and I love it. I'll upgrade the shocks whenever a good replacement comes along, but after living with a Z06, this car rides and handles like a dream.
Old 10-03-2003, 09:31 PM
Boomer

Will do so.
Old 10-03-2003, 09:32 PM
MY350Z.COM

The rear shocks at this point will be coming in towards the end of January while I do not have firm date on when the fronts will be coming in yet.
just as i thought.........
Old 10-03-2003, 09:34 PM
Boomer

Originally posted by Mike Wazowski
just as i thought.........
Prediction noted....
Old 10-04-2003, 01:15 PM
monkey7

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have koni sports on my civic, yes honda civic. Ok, I admit that I have a rice car. And happy I still have it. It never let me down (190,000 and still strong). I can still beat a ford probe. hee hee hee

But I like the adjustable part of the shock. Simple, cost effective and yet you can raise or lower your car I think 10mm.

So I think I'm going to wait till they come out for the 350z. By then I have more to choose from. Option is always a good thing at times.