Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

My Review on Intense Motorsports and Stance Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 07:44 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Gsedan35
It make no sense for the helper springs to be at fault. They are extreamly soft in spring rate since the only thing they are supposed to be used for is to allow even lower drop heights then would otherwise be possible while keeping the minimum about of preload on the main springs to keep them seated at all times. Which is rather ironic given that Stance coilovers have full height adjustablity and have alway's been known for having one of the lowest drop height to begin with.

IMO, your issue is install related, likely incorrect rear damper length adjustment and not the helper springs themselves.
makes sence... OP id check into this as well
Old 11-09-2008, 07:46 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Intense and darren have been nothing short of great every time for me?

OP
Old 11-09-2008, 07:50 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

(Awaits Pete's methodical ownage...)

Edited for name drop

Last edited by SlideFox; 11-09-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:58 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SlideFox

(Awaits Darren's methodical ownage...)
+1 Although Darren might defer to Pete on this one, since his name was dropped.

Thank god the OP doesn't have his car at Intense for a build! If he is this unreasonable about some coilovers, I shudder to think what a micromanaging, impatient, back stabbing PITA he would be about a lengthy build.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 11-09-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:49 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

this wreaks of fail...
Old 11-10-2008, 12:00 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by Gsedan35
It make no sense for the helper springs to be at fault. They are extreamly soft in spring rate since the only thing they are supposed to be used for is to allow even lower drop heights then would otherwise be possible while keeping the minimum about of preload on the main springs to keep them seated at all times. Which is rather ironic given that Stance coilovers have full height adjustablity and have alway's been known for having one of the lowest drop height to begin with.

IMO, your issue is install related, likely incorrect rear damper length adjustment and not the helper springs themselves.

I agree......I think the OP's issue is with the install. Just by his statement about not being able to get the ride height lower than springs tells the story.

OP....Just wait until after Sema...everyone and their mother is at this thing....they will clear things up with you when they get back.....
Old 11-10-2008, 05:51 AM
IIQuickSilverII

OP, just simmer down a bit, everything is fine, but you need to understand its not going to happen overnight.... intense has been keeping up with this every week till they went on vacation so not sure why you are so worked up... just calm down... if you are so desperate because you dropped 1k into coilovers and need the coin for something else perhaps you should not have spend that money, i don't know why else on earth you would be so impatient...

seriously just calm down everything is going to be taken care of, everybody on this thread sees your 1st post and can see by the summary of the dates posted by rude its all good you just need to chill.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:25 AM
cwylie

So assume I need to money in just Juvenile and humorous to me. I have owned and probably worked on more cars than most people on this board. I know what I am doing so that’s not the issue. Problem is we have a ton a keyboard warriors on message boards these days that people spend $30k with a shop rather than doing the work them self and then think they know everything about cars. I am not here to make friends with anyone I have plenty of those away from the internet. I just wanted to let people know the issues I have had to avoid anyone else possibly having he same problem. I am well aware of how friendly a shop can be. I spend almost 50k with a shop here in Austin and they were my best friends until I decided to sell the car. When the money stopped so did their friendship. It turned into a legal matter shortly after that. This is why I do not trust any shop to work on my cars anymore and do it all myself. So I just wanted to give everyone my $.02 and get intense to do the right thing but instead we have a bunch of keyboard warriors that have nothing better to do commenting on this.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:35 AM
SlideFox

Originally Posted by cwylie
So assume I need to money in just Juvenile and humorous to me. I have owned and probably worked on more cars than most people on this board. I know what I am doing so that’s not the issue. Problem is we have a ton a keyboard warriors on message boards these days that people spend $30k with a shop rather than doing the work them self and then think they know everything about cars. I am not here to make friends with anyone I have plenty of those away from the internet. I just wanted to let people know the issues I have had to avoid anyone else possibly having he same problem. I am well aware of how friendly a shop can be. I spend almost 50k with a shop here in Austin and they were my best friends until I decided to sell the car. When the money stopped so did their friendship. It turned into a legal matter shortly after that. This is why I do not trust any shop to work on my cars anymore and do it all myself. So I just wanted to give everyone my $.02 and get intense to do the right thing but instead we have a bunch of keyboard warriors that have nothing better to do commenting on this.
Who's the keyboard warrior? From my standpoint it's you. You have been told numerous times INTENSE IS CLOSED FOR SEMA, but yet you won't give them a chance to return and respond. You refuse to address the points Rude and Quicksilver brought up.

Again, keep kicking a man while he is down. But nice try at a "Public Service Announcement" for Intense Motorsports....

You Fail
Old 11-10-2008, 07:56 AM
XKR

WOOOOOOOW..Hold up swole-up

First off..how do you know you have owned more cars or worked on more than most on this board You speak of people who would rather have the shops do the work for them instead of doing the work themselves...that sure worked well for you

You install coilovers and now the car cant go lower than upgraded springs.. You break part of the kit and now you want them to cover it....I am sure they would be willing to do it if you were not trying to start this garbage when the company POSTED THAT THEY WILL BE CLOSED FOR SEMA....so they are not here to defend themselves.

If I were you...I would change my attitude and remove some of that crap you posted...because if it were me and I sold you something and your lack of install skills broke it...you would be SOL

I am sure you will cry "Defective"...PROVE IT

Last edited by XKR; 11-10-2008 at 08:00 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:04 AM
Motormouth
Banned

install error.

and I didn't think the Z application included helper springs either.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:21 AM
SlideFox

Originally Posted by Motormouth
install error.

and I didn't think the Z application included helper springs either.
I believe the OP has a G35
Old 11-10-2008, 09:46 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by JAMEZ@CiNcity
this wreaks of fail...

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 11-10-2008 at 10:26 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:06 AM
IntenseSales
Vendor - Former Vendor

In for close of this thread.

Stance was contacted every single time you had an issue. These coil overs shipped directly from Stance to you and you were aware of this. Initial error had nothing to do with Intense and was resolved in a more than timely manner.

Your extender was called on numerous times and Mike at Stance was notified so the statement they were not aware of it is false on whomevers part as I have call logs from my desk.

Helper Springs ... seems to already been addressed on here, it seems you are upset because I wont refund for installed springs ... no manufacture in this industry does that and I sold these to you for barely above cost. After all of the correspondence with you on Stances failures to ship properly and get items out I assure you that I have lost money and gained nothing but heartache and drama from this transaction.

YOU were provided customer service and good service at that. I am done and will not respond anymore on this matter.

Thank you for those that understand and to those that dont I hope you learn that in this industry mistake can happen and it's not always as simple or fast as one may like but, if the issues are resolved then thats what matters.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:29 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0

Old 11-10-2008, 10:30 AM
IIQuickSilverII

.....had the op been only a little patient
Old 11-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII

So close, yet he screwed himself.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:18 AM
cwylie

So just to get this clear your blaming Stance for my replacement part not being shipped?
Old 11-10-2008, 11:22 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
Yep LOL
Old 11-10-2008, 11:25 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by IntenseSales
Your extender was called on numerous times and Mike at Stance was notified so the statement they were not aware of it is false on whomevers part as I have call logs from my desk.
Originally Posted by IntenseSales
YOU were provided customer service and good service at that. I am done and will not respond anymore on this matter.
So just to get this clear your blaming Stance for my replacement part not being shipped?

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 11-10-2008 at 11:28 AM.

Quick Reply: My Review on Intense Motorsports and Stance Coilovers