Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

My Review on Intense Motorsports and Stance Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 06:24 AM
cwylie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Review on Intense Motorsports and Stance Coilovers

So this has been my fight with Intense/Stance thus far.

I placed a order for a set of Stance GR+ Pro's on 10/3 and was informed they are in stock and would ship out shortly. I PM'ed Peter in the afternoon of Monday the 6th to ask for status as I had not seen tracking numbers or a Order number. I received a vague answer about how the order had been sent to stance and he would get back with me. I checked again Tuesday afternoon and got the same answer and finally got a answer back on Wednesday afternoon when I requested the order be canceled if the item had not shipped. Well I got my e-mail they had been delivered by Fedex on Friday the 10th so I figured no problem.

I went to pick up the coilovers from the front office of my apt complex and opened the box to check them out quick to only find out I had been shipped the Gr+ and not the GR+ Pro's. I called Peter and he informed me that he would have the "Helper" springs sent out ASAP. I went ahead and installed the coilovers that Friday and figured I would install the helper springs at a later time. I very impressed with the ride and the quality.

Called Peter the next Monday to say if they helper springs had not shipped to just refund me the difference and I was happy with the GR+. He said they already shipped and they actually shipped out that Tuesday but figure whatever and went on with life. Well Friday came back around and I figured I would install the helpers and they rear adjustment extenders. Pulled the rear suspension and entire rear interior out of my G35 pulled the struts and springs apart and went to installing. First think I saw was it did not really look like I could set the car as low as I wanted with the helper because there was not enough shock body but figured I would put them on anyways. Went to reinstall the struts with the extender and the extender just came apart. I was like what the heck this is brand new and went on with the other side.

I got everything back together just after sun down and tired to set the ride height with the helper springs. There was not enough thread to get the car any lower than my eibach sportlines. Figured what the heck if the car rides as smooth as Peter told me it would I could live with the ride height. THE CAR RODE LIKE TOTAL CRAP!!! It was way too bouncy and if I would have installed the +Pro's from day one I probably would have taken the entire setup off. Rather pissed off at this point I went home and came back first thing the next morning to take the helper springs off. Everything was fine again, rode great handled great.

I called Peter first thing Monday morning 21st to inform him what happened. He said send me a picture of the broken part and I will see what I can do about getting you a refund on the helper springs. Figured it would be the least they could do after sending the wrong part and a part that broke as soon as I went to install it.

Well here we stand just over a week later. Peter will not return my e-mails and when I have called the shop the phone just rings. I still don't have the new Adjuster that I have to pull my car apart once again to install. Is this the kind of customer service you provide?

I am happy with the coilovers. They ride great but I wish I would not have been up sold to the pro's a product I don't think they ever had any personal testing on besides its more expensive so it must work better.

I think its only fair at this point I get my new extender and a Refund of the $70-$100? Whatever the upgrade cost is to the Gr+ pro's and I will even pay to ship them back.

Update 10/28

After making this post they finally contacted me and informed me they would see what they can do about a refund on the helper springs and get a new extender send out by priority mail. I took this post down in good faith that they would do what they said..... I was wrong

Update 11/7

Stance nor Intense care to discuss the ride issue I had with the helper springs and pretty much refuse to talk about it. I guess their standard business practice is to up sell someone on the fact it is more expensive so it must be better. I guess if that is the way they want to conduct their business. But best of all..... I STILL DO NOT HAVE A REPLACMENT ADJUSTER!
All in all I am pretty happy with the coilovers just not the customer service. My recommendation....... Go to a different vendor they will match intense's price.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:09 AM
A.H

Sorry to hear that. I got my set of stance from THMotorsports and I had no issues. They even forgot to send me a part and I got it two days later no harm no fowl. Price was good too.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:21 AM
350z-Jason

sucks man, ive had problems with vendors on here before so i know how you feel. however, when i bought my stance's from intense, stance got two orders mixed up and i got s14 coils instead of 350z. intense got it solved and got them to me in a week. darren is good over there.
good luck
Old 11-07-2008, 10:33 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Intense is currently closed for SEMA.

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2008-n...-nov-10th.html
Old 11-07-2008, 12:04 PM
cwylie

Well I just spoke spoke with Stance and they are sending me out a new adjuster no questions asked. Props to Stance. Issues with Intense still unresolved.

Sema or not they have know about this issue for almost a month.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:37 PM
cwylie

Just got my tracking number from Stance within a few hours of contacting them. Stance has been great now only Intense had the same customer service.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:49 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Summarized and highlighted to put it all in perspective:
Originally Posted by cwylie
  • I placed a order for a set of Stance GR+ Pro's on 10/3
  • they had been delivered by Fedex on Friday the 10th so I figured no problem. So you received them within a week. Not bad.
  • I called Peter (Friday the 10th?) and he informed me that he would have the "Helper" springs sent out ASAP.
  • Called Peter the next Monday (the 13th?) to say if they helper springs had not shipped to just refund me the difference and I was happy with the GR+. He said they already shipped and they actually shipped out that Tuesday
  • Well Friday (the 17th?) came back around and I figured I would install the helpers and they rear adjustment extenders. So they also arrived within a week? It seems like you received good customer service up to this point. Receiving the coilovers within a week and then the helper springs within a week of notification doesn't sound unreasonably long.
  • I called Peter first thing Monday morning 21st to inform him what happened. He said send me a picture of the broken part and I will see what I can do about getting you a refund on the helper springs. Did you send him a pic? And if so, when and by what method?
  • Well here we stand just over a week later. Peter will not return my e-mails and when I have called the shop the phone just rings.
  • I am happy with the coilovers.
  • Update 10/28: After making this post they finally contacted me and informed me they would see what they can do about a refund on the helper springs and get a new extender send out by priority mail.
  • Intense is closed from Nov 3rd to Nov 10th
  • Update 11/7: Stance nor Intense care to discuss the ride issue I had with the helper springs and pretty much refuse to talk about it.
Sema or not they have know about this issue for almost a month.
It seems to me like Intense was providing decent and timely customer service until October 21st. The real problem seems to be between the time you called them on October 21st and today November 7th. Did you consider the possibility that Intense may have been delayed waiting to hear back from Stance or might have had issues trying to resolve the matter with Stance? Keep in mind that their last open business day before closing for SEMA was Friday, October 31st. So the problem is really between October 21st and the 31st. 10 days is not almost a month.

Impatient much?

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 11-09-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:15 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
It seems to me like Intense was providing decent and timely customer service until October 21st. The real problem seems to be between the time you called them on October 21st and today November 7th. Did you consider the possibility that Intense may have been delayed waiting to hear back from Stance or might have had issues trying to resolve the matter with Stance? Keep in mind that their last open business day before closing for SEMA was Friday, October 31st. So the problem is really between October 21st and the 31st. 10 days is not almost a month.

Impatient much?
I think the saying is "You hit the nail on the head"
Old 11-08-2008, 12:08 AM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I got everything back together just after sun down and tired to set the ride height with the helper springs. There was not enough thread to get the car any lower than my eibach sportlines. Figured what the heck if the car rides as smooth as Peter told me it would I could live with the ride height. THE CAR RODE LIKE TOTAL CRAP!!! It was way too bouncy and if I would have installed the +Pro's from day one I probably would have taken the entire setup off. Rather pissed off at this point I went home and came back first thing the next morning to take the helper springs off. Everything was fine again, rode great handled great.

It make no sense for the helper springs to be at fault. They are extreamly soft in spring rate since the only thing they are supposed to be used for is to allow even lower drop heights then would otherwise be possible while keeping the minimum about of preload on the main springs to keep them seated at all times. Which is rather ironic given that Stance coilovers have full height adjustablity and have alway's been known for having one of the lowest drop height to begin with.

IMO, your issue is install related, likely incorrect rear damper length adjustment and not the helper springs themselves.
Old 11-08-2008, 05:19 PM
turismo

Sux. Hope you receive a refund
Old 11-09-2008, 11:54 AM
cwylie

Impatient? I think a month is more than enough time. I am not sure how long you like to wait for parts that you paid for to complete a project? Their customer service was great up until the point I gave them a credit card number and they had my money. Its kinda funny I was told a few times and the extenders were shipped and never got them. I decide I am tired of the BS and call stance and they have one out the next day. Best part was stance knew nothing of my issue so I am not even sure if intense had informed them. For the record I work in sales and know what my customer expect of me and if I took a month to fix a issue I would probably lose the contract.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:23 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Impatient? I think a month is more than enough time. I am not sure how long you like to wait for parts that you paid for to complete a project? Their customer service was great up until the point I gave them a credit card number and they had my money. Its kinda funny I was told a few times and the extenders were shipped and never got them. I decide I am tired of the BS and call stance and they have one out the next day. Best part was stance knew nothing of my issue so I am not even sure if intense had informed them. For the record I work in sales and know what my customer expect of me and if I took a month to fix a issue I would probably lose the contract.
Instead of kicking a man while hes down (Since Intense isn't available to give there side of the story), how about you be a little patient and see what they have to say when they come back. I have NEVER known Intense to "screw" someone over.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:14 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Thumbs down

Geez... Yes, you are impatient! It has not been a month!!! You were so impatient that you decided to install the coilovers without the helper springs, even though you received the helper springs within a week. Per your own version of events in the OP, you did not notify Intense of the problems with the faulty part and the unsatisfactory ride quality until October 21st. Before that... You received the coilovers within a week and then received the helper springs within a week. That seems reasonable. I noticed that you failed to address many of the points I made in my previous post. Again, Intense has been closed for the past week and you don't really know if they had any issues or difficulties with Stance on your warranty issue prior to their last open business day on October 31st. Again... 10 days is not a month!!!

As Gsedan35 pointed out... The helper springs shouldn't be causing the poor ride quality that you are claiming and I also suspect a faulty install on your part. You also didn't indicate in your OP or respond to my question on if and when you sent a pic to Intense as requested. A pic of your installed helper springs would have shed light on a lot of this.

Your creation of a thread to complain about Intense's customer service during a time period of less than 2 weeks and posting it while they are closed is unnecessary, impatient, and your insinuations that Intense took advantage of you are malicious IMO.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 11-09-2008 at 04:56 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:15 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by SlideFox
Instead of kicking a man while hes down (Since Intense isn't available to give there side of the story), how about you be a little patient and see what they have to say when they come back. I have NEVER known Intense to "screw" someone over.
+1 They are standup guys with an excellent reputation in this community.

whiny impatience FTL

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 11-09-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:08 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0

Impatient much?

excellent summary.... unreasonable people FTL

OP just calm down and be a little patient...
Old 11-09-2008, 05:20 PM
cwylie

Well you can keep defending your friends if it makes you feel better. I just wanted to let everyone know what to expect.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:29 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Well you can keep defending your friends if it makes you feel better. I just wanted to let everyone know what to expect.
And you can keep ignoring the glaring facts being pointed out to you. You are only letting everyone know how impatient and unreasonable you are. You are a noob who is obviously ignorant of Intense Power's excellent reputation here as a vendor. I have spent $30K+ and counting with them. I never felt that I was being upsold or taken advantage of. I and countless others on this forum have much more experience with this company than you do.

Maybe you missed this link in their sigs.---> https://my350z.com/forum/polls/29448...our-parts.html

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 11-09-2008 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:17 PM
cwylie

What would you expect to be a reasonable response time? I contacted stance directly and they had a new extender shipped out in the same day with no questions asked. Stance had no record from intense that I needed a new part. Why is that?

Last edited by cwylie; 11-09-2008 at 07:34 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:31 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

I'm not posting anything I wouldn't tell you to your face.

Why don't/won't you give Intense that week that they were closed. I'm sure they will respond to you promptly once they are open for business again.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:40 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

I am not here to argue with anyone. Amazes me how big people get behind a keyboard! The only 2 people in here defending Intense are local guys that are personal friends. What would you expect to be a reasonable response time?
say what ever you want, you are jumping the gun..listen:
  • I placed a order for a set of Stance GR+ Pro's on 10/3
  • they had been delivered by Fedex on Friday the 10th so I figured no problem. So you received them within a week. Not bad.
  • I called Peter (Friday the 10th?) and he informed me that he would have the "Helper" springs sent out ASAP.
  • Called Peter the next Monday (the 13th?) to say if they helper springs had not shipped to just refund me the difference and I was happy with the GR+. He said they already shipped and they actually shipped out that Tuesday
  • Well Friday (the 17th?) came back around and I figured I would install the helpers and they rear adjustment extenders. So they also arrived within a week? It seems like you received good customer service up to this point. Receiving the coilovers within a week and then the helper springs within a week of notification doesn't sound unreasonably long.
  • I called Peter first thing Monday morning 21st to inform him what happened. He said send me a picture of the broken part and I will see what I can do about getting you a refund on the helper springs. Did you send him a pic? And if so, when and by what method?
  • Well here we stand just over a week later. Peter will not return my e-mails and when I have called the shop the phone just rings.
  • I am happy with the coilovers.
  • Update 10/28: After making this post they finally contacted me and informed me they would see what they can do about a refund on the helper springs and get a new extender send out by priority mail.
  • Intense is closed from Nov 3rd to Nov 10th

according to this they have been keeping track of you pretty good; they contacted you on the 28th; so only 3 days have passed since that they've been at the office, thats right before they went on vacation time for sema...most shops take a whole week off too for sema...not sure whata your big deal or what makes you think that you re so special that they should have someone in last week just to help you out
I mean facts are pretty ovbious here, they've contacted you every week since the purchase except for the week they've been off...

simmer down a bit OP
rather than generating stupid drama because you got desperate ...everything will be taken care of OP, just be patient

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 11-10-2008 at 05:47 AM.

Quick Reply: My Review on Intense Motorsports and Stance Coilovers