Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

What should I do? Need advice....

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 07:58 AM
vbgambini

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I do? Need advice....

I am about to re drop my car again with the Eibach Pro Kit, wasnt satisfied with the S-Techs. Im in need of a shop very soon. Is it cheaper to buy camber arms then have an alignment place install it then align it? Or I install it then have them align it? Or should I just take it to an alignment shop and have them do the custom alignment?

Im located in Miami and trying to find a shop for if i dont buy a camber kit and have them do it but a place (Miami Chassis) quoted me 350$ for there custom camber correction. I went to them before and they do great work but im trying to find a place that will do it a little cheaper than that. Or find another way around it.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:15 AM
THe Emperor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm kinda confused by this post. Without the rear camber arms and toe bolts, camber and toe won't be adjustable no matter how "custom" their alignment service is. If you plan on installing the springs yourself just install the rear camber arm at the same time then have a shop align the car. I wouldn't pay a shop to install something so simple as camber arms.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:22 AM
vbgambini

Well I have had them do my 240 before and camber and toe was fixed. I believe they fabricate their own kit of some sort. It worked well. So what im thinking is either do that or install them myself and have them align it. I am going to install the springs myself but havent ordered anything yet because im stuck with what I should do.. Im not even sure which camber arms to get. What do you guys suggest with a decent price?

Last edited by vbgambini; 11-24-2008 at 08:25 AM.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:32 AM
THe Emperor

http://z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?model...ng&prodid=2890

Rear camber and toe bolts. Then all you'll need is an alignment ater the springs settle and you're good to go.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:46 AM
vbgambini

Is that the same as Z1 Performance on the forums? Ive heard of them but do they have a good reputation? Customer service, shipping, etc.? Or should I buy some from some of the other vendors on the forum?
Old 11-24-2008, 08:49 AM
THe Emperor

Yes its the same Z1 from this forum. They have a good rep. Either way that Eibach camber kit is the best for the money.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:59 AM
vbgambini

Thanks man I think I will order them.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:00 AM
THe Emperor

Np
Old 11-24-2008, 09:05 AM
vbgambini

When I install these wouldnt I need to wait till my springs settle? But if I put these on at the same time as the camber kit at what setting is the kit on? Is it the same setting as when I took the stock ones off? Will it be harmful? How hard are they to install? What about the front cambers?

Last edited by vbgambini; 11-24-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:16 AM
THe Emperor

Yes you should wait til the springs settle before you get an alignment. Once you remove the rear OEM camber arm you'll just set the Eibach camber arm to the same length as the OEM arm and then install it. Install is fairly simple, there is a DIY on the forum for it. Front camber you probably won't need but Ican't say for sure because every car comes aligned alittle different from the factory. Once you go in to the alignment for the rear they'll be able to tell you if your front is still in spec, if it is you won't need anything else. Most people don't need front camber kits with the Pro kit, just the rear.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:22 AM
THe Emperor

https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-susp...-protocav.html

There's the DIY for the toe bolts. The camber arm itself is nothing, just a matter of unbolting the OEM arm and bolting the Eibach arm in place of it.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:26 AM
vbgambini

Im scared about the dremel part for the toe bolt.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:41 AM
THe Emperor

Yeah, you could just put the camber arm on yourself and have someone dremel the toe bolt hole later on for you before you get the alignment, friend, shop, etc. The camber arm can be installed with out the toe bolt, but obviously toe wouldn't be adjustable past OEM limits until someone dremels the hole out.

Last edited by THe Emperor; 11-24-2008 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:51 AM
vbgambini

OK. So this what I do. Install the springs, adjust the camber arm to the same length as stock, then install the camber arm, wait for the springs to settle which is how long? And leave out the toe bolt till I get an alignment?

But with the whole wait for settling wouldn't I be killing my tires and everything else in that period of time?
Old 11-24-2008, 09:51 AM
Beau

It would still be adjustable without dremeling it, just not to the full extent. It's not very hard to Dremel it out, it's just frustrating because the bit will probably pop out of the dremel a couple of times and run across the floor and the bit will probably kick back at you a few times. The aluminum isn't so soft that it's easy to make a huge mistake, it's hard enough that you have to put some effort into it. If you can do the work then do it yourself, if not, most alignment places can do the work also. I would get the alignment before the springs settle because most likely your alignment will be extremely out of whack since you just changed everything controlling alignment in the rear and it'll most likely be WAY off. The tiny bit of settling isn't going to affect the alignment that much. My car rides .5 inches lower when I have my fat friend in the car. I doubt it'll settle more than .5 inches.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:59 AM
vbgambini

Yea im going to install everything just dont know about that toe bolt. Alignment shops should know what they are doing right lol? So what exactly do these shops do that they have this custom alignment when you dont even bring them a camber kit to install? they make their own camber kit?
Old 11-24-2008, 10:06 AM
THe Emperor

I dunno, thats the same thing I was confused about on your first post. I doubt if they make their own custom camber arms. I'm sure they can easily cut the hole for you if you don't want to do it yourself.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:17 AM
vbgambini

Yea Im still wondering what they do to get the camber fixed without any kit.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:26 AM
THe Emperor

Probably tell you it's fixed but it's really not then charge you for a "custom" alignment.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:28 AM
vbgambini

but when they did my 240 dropped on tein flex. the neg. camber was gone and the car looked stock again with a drop

Quick Reply: What should I do? Need advice....