Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Some item recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 03:45 PM
SuperSaiyanPoop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some item recommendations?

Hey what's up all? I'm new here - moved on up from my 240sx and got a z33. So far, pretty awesome car - it definitely feels bigger, but a lot more stable and faster overall.

Anyways, it's time to get a few parts for my car and I was wondering if you could recommend some to me...

springs, shocks, and brake pads :

I had coilovers on my 240 - kind of a pain in the ***... so I'm kind of leaning more towards a more conservative spring / shock combo this time with my z. What do you guys think about Tanabe NF210 springs? I have a base model '03 btw. I had one of my friends recommend that to me but I wanted some more opinions. Also was thinking about possibly Eibach Sportlines.

As far as shocks, koni yellow? Anyone have experience with these on z33's?

And for pads, I know hawk HP+ was pretty awesome on my 240, but I've actually heard a few bad experiences from ppl using them with 350Zs, which kind of confuses me.

Anyways . . . thanks in advance!
Old 12-18-2008, 08:12 AM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Because of the spring choices you've thrown out their I can tell you want at least a 1" drop. Tanabe Nf210 is a poor choice since it's a drop spring that lowers 1" and does nothing to make up for the lose in suspension travel because it's stiffness is no different then oem.

Since your talkng about upgrading your shocks as well, go with the Tokico D-spec shock and spring kit for $670. You get a 1'/1.5" drop on linear springs at a price that is less then just buying Koni yellows alone. Koni's would only be a worthwhile investment if you need or plan on needing rebound only tuning as a method to adjust at the limit behavior, usually at the track.

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/350z11b/23-3998

Curious, if your only wanting a mild shock and spring setup that has little to no performance bias, why are you asking for a more aggresive brake pad like the HP+ (which I wouldn't use)?
Old 12-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome to the forum. (i too have a 240sx.. s13)

just a suggestions, using "Koni Yellow" in the search function at the top of the screen will yeild good results.. also the springs you've listed come up with several hits. and many users have posted their opinions.

this is also a great starting place:
https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-susp...g-reviews.html

i've personally driven by friend's enthusiast Z with the Konis and Hotchkis sport springs, and its a very comfortable ride and neutral handling once dialed in correctly with the sway bars..

Last edited by Chebosto; 12-18-2008 at 10:46 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:25 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

We’ve never discussed suspension mods before. Subscribing.