Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Do i need a camber kit? with lowering spring

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 11:27 AM
Phreakdout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aloh
I would definitely suggest a camber kit. I have RSR springs, and they are advertised as only a .5" drop. Its a little more than that now that they have been settled, and I definitely have some camber issues. Its not just the camber that wears tires, it is also the toe angle. The rear camber/toe kits are only going for around $150 shipped, so its not really too bad.
I'm not sure if the OP intended the question a little differently. I'll ask it anyway.

We all know how important it is to set the camber correctly. Not knowing the range of adjustment in the original setup, how low can you go before you have reached the limits of the OE adjustment? -0.5 to -0.6" ?

I too am looking at a very mild drop just to close up the gap slightly. I'd hate to drop the coin if the camber I need can be reached through normal adjustment.

Sorry to rehash it. Any advice on the OE limits is appreciated.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:30 AM
mikeSSD

i just got my alignment done and i need a camber kit for the front. they said my fronts are: -1.2 FL and -2 FR. my rears are okay though. im dropped on gf210s...

question: does anybody really run FRONT camber kits? ive been running on gf210s for almost 2 years and always noticed the rears still wearing out faster than the fronts. plus the front kits are like double the price of the rears

Last edited by mikeSSD; 02-27-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:47 PM
maximariceboi

Originally Posted by rotchcrocket04
It's not really pointless at all actually. You do realize that you need to buy front and rear camber kits for coilovers as well, right? Just a more affordable way of lowering the car.
Well I mean mind as well spend more money on the coilovers if I have to buy front camber kits as well.

Which front camber kits are good money wise for a 1-1.5" drop?
Old 03-02-2009, 07:48 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeSSD
question: does anybody really run FRONT camber kits? ive been running on gf210s for almost 2 years and always noticed the rears still wearing out faster than the fronts. plus the front kits are like double the price of the rears
I've got one on mine, only dropping 20mm i want more neg camber up front. The rear kit , anything more tha 3/4inch and its needed. A lot of times its needed for less of a drop.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:05 AM
jimpactmfsc

it all depends on your car bro,my buddy is dropped on eibach sprtlines and he doesnt need any camber kit,but he told me another z is dropped just as much as him on tanabe gf210 and they did need a camber kit soo it varies
Old 03-02-2009, 03:41 PM
maximariceboi

i suggest we should have a poll and see who needed the camber kits and what not and differentiate between the years?

Last edited by maximariceboi; 03-02-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:51 PM
rotchcrocket04

Originally Posted by maximariceboi
Which front camber kits are good money wise for a 1-1.5" drop?
Front and rear SPC kits from a vendor on the site for $525 shipped.

Originally Posted by terrasmak
anything more tha 3/4inch and its needed. A lot of times its needed for less of a drop.

A lot of guys say the 3/4" - 1" mark is the limit. Though, there are a bunch of guys on here with less of a drop than that and they need a camber kit. It really depends on the car. The only way you'll know is drop your car and take it to the alignment shop. They'll let you know what you need to do (just let them know you want the car within factory recommended specs). I also recommend not going to a run-of-the-mill alignment shop (Sears Auto, etc). Chances are you'll have a more qualified individual working on your car/adjusting your suspension.

Originally Posted by maximariceboi
should we hase a poll and see who needed the camber kits and what not and differentiate between the years?
It's been WAAAAY overplayed. (See above response for a generalization ^) Honestly, if you want to lower... just do it. Take your car to a quality alignment shop and see how close they can get it to factory specs. If they recommend you buy a camber kit for the front/rear/both than do so, install and take it back to them.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:54 PM
maximariceboi

hmmm...yea...I'll wait and get it done right then. Damn, the lip kit with wheels...and no drop...going to look ugly =/ but thanks for the good info!
Old 03-03-2009, 01:47 PM
XtwoZ

it sucks to buy the front camber kit, but you will need it IMO. unless you get an allingment and have your tires fliped every few thousand miles inner to outer..... again I would just save and buy the front kit and rear kit