Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Air suspensions??

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 05:13 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redman333
I don't know why these people aree saying the Tien suspensions doesn't change ride hieght because the more expensice kits do allow hieght changes of an inch or two..
first off, learn to spell. second, if you actually have read and comprehended what was written it stated that the tein does not allow for an automatic height change, you would have to get out of the car and manually do it. the tein EDFC does not control the height only the shocks.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:45 PM
redman333

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z04
first off, learn to spell. second, if you actually have read and comprehended what was written it stated that the tein does not allow for an automatic height change, you would have to get out of the car and manually do it. the tein EDFC does not control the height only the shocks.
I don't need to speel right if you understand what I'm saying. Yeah I did go and look at tien's website and did realize that the hieght can't be adjusted from in the car, so I was wrong. SO THERE!
Old 02-07-2009, 02:38 PM
bluesi808

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm currently getting UAS air suspension installed in my car. i have the dakota digital gauge for system management.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:55 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

No comments on the kit....

But in terms of your suspension question. There are several options......

Bag it, like you aleady have looked into. Prashant aka Urbantacticz runs Universal Air suspension.
Here's a pic of his ride.

The other is running a set-up like Roberuta cup. These fit over a coilver set-up and turns the spring perches using compressed air if I'm not mistaken.

However, this set-up is BALLERS only. Kit alone cost close to 7Gs not including the actual coilover.

Then there is this set-up

It looks more affordable from what I can gather because I was looking at the set-up for a Soarer/SC300.

http://www.airforce-sus.com/airtank.htm

Hope that helps..... Now as for the body kit...... really....... Maybe I'm just too old.

Last edited by MethodRN; 02-07-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:08 PM
TRYNALIVEPRO

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

^whats the ballpark price on that airforce-sus?
Old 02-07-2009, 08:40 PM
_STEVEO_01

Originally Posted by Z04

Z04 smackin' that azz around like a redheaded stepchild...

OP, do some homework, you have been given plenty of options to choose from... I have been running a UAS, fully digital setup for a long time now with no problems, but I can tell you this... If you are in the market for any kind of quality or adjustability in suspension, "inexpensive" should be taken out of your vocabulary indefinitely... Whatever route you decide to choose is going to cost you, PERIOD. Good luck with the build.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:54 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

Originally Posted by _STEVEO_01
OP, do some homework, you have been given plenty of options to choose from... I have been running a UAS, fully digital setup for a long time now with no problems, but I can tell you this... If you are in the market for any kind of quality or adjustability in suspension, "inexpensive" should be taken out of your vocabulary indefinitely... Whatever route you decide to choose is going to cost you, PERIOD. Good luck with the build.
+1000

When it comes to any of these systems, it will cost you a pretty penny. It would be cheaper to ditch the body kit if you are real concerned about cost.

Another thing to consider when it comes to bags, if you have a malfunction with any of the bags (ie leaking), the car would become undriveable. I don't have any experience with new systems like UAS or Air Runner, so I can't speak for their reliability. Just something to think about.

Originally Posted by TRYNALIVEPRO
^whats the ballpark price on that airforce-sus?
The only place I've seen post a price was AutoFashion and it was for the Lexus SC and it was in the 2G range. So I'd say anywhere between 2-3Gs

Last edited by MethodRN; 02-08-2009 at 06:00 AM.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:56 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

Here's another cool set-up made by a very good suspension company. However, they don't have an application for the Z.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:03 PM
TRYNALIVEPRO

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

^they want about 7-8K for the fronts alone for a porsche application
Old 02-09-2009, 12:18 AM
chad_z33

Originally Posted by MethodRN
No comments on the kit....

But in terms of your suspension question. There are several options......

Bag it, like you aleady have looked into. Prashant aka Urbantacticz runs Universal Air suspension.
Here's a pic of his ride.

The other is running a set-up like Roberuta cup. These fit over a coilver set-up and turns the spring perches using compressed air if I'm not mistaken.

However, this set-up is BALLERS only. Kit alone cost close to 7Gs not including the actual coilover.

Then there is this set-up

It looks more affordable from what I can gather because I was looking at the set-up for a Soarer/SC300.

http://www.airforce-sus.com/airtank.htm

Hope that helps..... Now as for the body kit...... really....... Maybe I'm just too old.
how much do these run???
Old 02-09-2009, 08:31 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

The AirForce Sus.? I was looking at an SC/Soarer application and they were around $2700.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:59 PM
nosurf2day

They have a thread in the dealer market place for the airforce suspension. They sell for $2750 for the Z

Oh and this car,

which no longer looks like this is I might add is a chic's car. Her name is GINA and she lives here in central florida.

Last edited by nosurf2day; 06-21-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:22 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Holy Dead thread revival Batman!
Old 06-21-2009, 03:26 PM
nosurf2day

yeah doing some research, want to get an air suspension of some sorts. Dont like posting new threads so i dig up old ones. Noticed people talking about Ginas car so I thought I would throw my 2 cents in.

Airforce is talking sponsorship with me, I am debating. I just dont know. Its a kit from Taiwan, yeah its a copy of the Robutra but ahhhhh, not sure, chinese..............