Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Rear coilover adjustment: What did you do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 01:10 PM
BenchTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear coilover adjustment: What did you do?

No results on a few searches. I need to drill a hole so I can have access from in the hatch.
Did you take the coil out when you did yours or leave it in?
How did you plug the hole?
Any water getting in the hatch?
Is the adjustment easy now or would you have done something different or not at all?

Input and pics please if you have them.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:24 PM
zettahertz

i think i posted something like this about a month ago. Just drill a hole in the strut tower... No water gets in there because it's in your trunk. no need to plug anything, besides there's already holes on it

https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-...installed.html

Last edited by zettahertz; 04-11-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Spliff91

I drilled holes in my strut tower to run the BC extenders, use a hole saw and have a vacuum handy to suck all the metal shavings.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:03 AM
rotchcrocket04

Originally Posted by Spliff91
I drilled holes in my strut tower to run the BC extenders, use a hole saw and have a vacuum handy to suck all the metal shavings.
Do this.

What setup are you running? Do you have adjustable shocks or are you running coilovers with extenders? If you're running the extenders, I'm pretty sure they'll lay underneath the plastic cover, unless you want to drill the hole and have it look pretty
Old 04-16-2009, 05:39 AM
ThE_JacO

Originally Posted by zettahertz
i think i posted something like this about a month ago. Just drill a hole in the strut tower... No water gets in there because it's in your trunk. no need to plug anything, besides there's already holes on it

https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-...installed.html
Seconded.
have been messing around and looking for options in preparation for the upgrade, and the work you did definitely looks the way I'll go about it.

I also scrounged some jack-caps (small frame with a flip-over rubbery plastic cover for audio equipment plugs not to get dirty when empty) from a friend's place and plan on fitting them to the plastic cover.
If they're symmetrical they shouldn't look too bad, and the colour, and texture too for the frames, are the same of the trunk's strut cover. Makes for easy access and won't look as bad as an open hole in the plastic.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:29 AM
rotchcrocket04

Originally Posted by ThE_JacO
Seconded.
have been messing around and looking for options in preparation for the upgrade, and the work you did definitely looks the way I'll go about it.

I also scrounged some jack-caps (small frame with a flip-over rubbery plastic cover for audio equipment plugs not to get dirty when empty) from a friend's place and plan on fitting them to the plastic cover.
If they're symmetrical they shouldn't look too bad, and the colour, and texture too for the frames, are the same of the trunk's strut cover. Makes for easy access and won't look as bad as an open hole in the plastic.
That sounds like it should finish off pretty well post some pics in this thread whenever you have that done!
Old 04-23-2009, 01:14 PM
BenchTT

I have the cusco z2's. Did the drilling last weekend. For now, im keeping the plastic covers off. I want to use a 1" round wood bit for the plastic covers and find some type of large plastic plug that will fit in the hole. Haven't found anything yet.