Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Finally dropped!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 07:43 AM
pony_killer
Arada ninda apa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally dropped!!!

well after 2 years of research and debating what route to take on my suspension setup, i decided I wanted to go with something very simple yet efficient for my daily driving needs. I chose to go the spring and shock (seperate) route mainly because of the price, and secondly i dont plan on adjusting ride height. choosing a shop here in houston has been pretty hard for a lot of us because of the downfall of a lot of these shops *coughsgpcough*. after discussing with a buddy of mine what to do about my install, he recommended tsp (team shift point) here in Houston. Now I've taken my Honda there back in the early days for some work but wasn't sure if they dealt with nissans or if they've ever worked on a z. well after talking with mike and will at tsp they mentioned one of our own members rides that they worked on (methodrn aka jr) and told me they installed some suspension parts for him as well back in the day so i felt a bit more comfortable and gave them the ok
their shop is by ellington field which is a small airport and their renting one of the hangers so it was pretty cool cause there were a bunch of small charter planes around us but the even cooler part was the cars they were working on. ive never been a big fan of toyota or lexus but dang they had some crazzzy old school turbo lexus sc's and one mean 800hp toyota supra plus a few other rides.
during the whole install the guys would tell me what they were doing and if there were any uncertainties they would clear it up with me before going into it. one of the issues was the installation of the toe bolts. both william and mike said that there is so much adjustability with the camber kit that it should be able to correct any toe issues and that its not worth elongating the factory toe. they said after alignment if i cant get the toe into spec they would install the bolts free of charge, i trust these guys because ive seen their work and i trust they know what their talking about so for now im running the spc front/rear camber kit without toe bolts and hopefully the alignment can get everything into spec. the tanabe springs are great! once they bought the lady down from the lift i saw a huge difference. the front looks almost slammed with zero to maybe half a finger gap and the rear is about a 1 finger gap but im sure once settled it will go down a bit more. when reinstalling my arc strut bar they noticed that a few of the bolts had stripped do to my carelessness from trying to install my oem strut bar after the md spacer install , but these guys cleaned up all the wholes and told me its best to buy 6 new oem bolts and reinstall the bar. i then had to take my buddy to get an o2 sensor for his car so we had to take my z...REVIEW: the ride is perfect!! the tokico d-specs are set at 5 all the way around and the car rides just like stock with zero bounce. the steering wheel was a little crooked because it needs alignment but that was the only thing that was off. the guys at tsp said this is a perfect setup for dd and my buddy said these even felt better then his tein basics
i got a few pictures of the lady under the knife but no pictures of the final product (the drop) because it rained badly yesterday so hopefully today i can wash her and have her prepped for the car meet tonight, there i will take some pics for you guys and post tonight.

Last edited by pony_killer; 04-26-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:48 AM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So where are the pics of the car on the ground? we don't mind if it's dirty.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:50 AM
350z2go

Originally Posted by ReV2Red
So where are the pics of the car on the ground? we don't mind if it's dirty.
+1
Old 04-25-2009, 07:50 AM
pony_killer
Arada ninda apa

as i mentioned earlier it was raining cats and dogs here yesterday...will take pics after class (yes saturday class) even though shes dirty.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:52 AM
pony_killer
Arada ninda apa

Originally Posted by 350z2go
+1

man you got the same setup as me so you already know what it looks like jk ill have it up in a few hours.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:16 AM
MDaniel22

In for the after pics.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:55 AM
SageZ

I just lowered with tanabes. Went with the cheap Tokico blue though. Tad bit bouncier than stock. Front looks great but was a little disappointed with the rear. Im rolling on the stock18"s and gap in rear looks "too much". waiting on 19" volks to arrive so I have yet to make a real judgement. I know it's a waste of money but, may look into coilovers in the future because i've a feeling i'll still want it lower
Old 04-25-2009, 12:47 PM
stinky350z

Did the tokicos make it stiffer thank u
Which tanabes did u get
Old 04-25-2009, 01:14 PM
Gibbs
Know it all

In for the pics. Also where are you located in houston? Im in Spring
Old 04-26-2009, 04:46 AM
350ZnFuture

looks cool so far
Old 04-26-2009, 04:48 AM
michaeljr6

waiting for pics.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:42 AM
quakerroatmeal

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow small world. My buddy's part of tsp, and those are his friends.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:59 PM
pony_killer
Arada ninda apa

edited thread with pictures.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:02 PM
pony_killer
Arada ninda apa

sorry for the crappy pics but they were taken last night at a meet that i went to.
the tokico dspecs are perfect..i was telling my cousin that the car rode just like stock and he didnt believe me so i took him for a short spin and he was surprised at how comfortable it was, almost even better then stock. as for the springs, i too was a tad disappointed with the rears, it has a small gap but im praying that after it settles it shouldnt be too noticeable. other then the alignment everything is good.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:02 PM
pony_killer
Arada ninda apa

Originally Posted by Gibbs
In for the pics. Also where are you located in houston? Im in Spring
sugar land. my gf's family is from spring
Old 04-26-2009, 03:21 PM
Voboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you can always do the rear spring mount mod to drop the rear a bit more
Old 04-26-2009, 06:04 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Originally Posted by pony_killer
sorry for the crappy pics but they were taken last night at a meet that i went to.
the tokico dspecs are perfect..i was telling my cousin that the car rode just like stock and he didnt believe me so i took him for a short spin and he was surprised at how comfortable it was, almost even better then stock. as for the springs, i too was a tad disappointed with the rears, it has a small gap but im praying that after it settles it shouldnt be too noticeable. other then the alignment everything is good.
wait till your wheels are spaced out, it will look a lot different.

BTW what up with all those planes?
Old 04-26-2009, 06:53 PM
kyx4n

Where exactly is this place??

and nice car btw..
tho +1 on spacers
Old 04-26-2009, 08:11 PM
singh

^
Ellington Field. Southeast Houston. I live about 30 min. from there.

I'm having a hard time believing that the Tokico dspecs ride just like stock. When you say you set them to 5 all around, is that the softest setting or the stiffest setting? I'm thinking about going with the same setup except using different springs. Maybe Eibach Sportlines or the Pro's.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:35 PM
pony_killer
Arada ninda apa

gsingh if you wanna go for a ride id be more then happy to take you. i kid you not to me it feels just like stock. 5 is not the softest but its perfect for my needs

Quick Reply: Finally dropped!!!