Ellington Field. Southeast Houston.
Ahh..

Thanks
Old 04-27-2009, 12:40 PM
singh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Originally Posted by pony_killer
gsingh if you wanna go for a ride id be more then happy to take you. i kid you not to me it feels just like stock. 5 is not the softest but its perfect for my needs
Few questions if you don't mind.

So is it easy to adjust the dampening? Like is there a certain tool you can use to adjust it without having to disassemble anything? And you say you have it on 5, so does that make it adjustable from 1-10, 1 being softest and 10 being hardest setting?
Old 04-27-2009, 12:57 PM
tranceformer95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had those same dampeners on my 350z, along with the matching tokico d-spec springs. Also had some hotchkis swaybars & SPL endlinks.

They're 7-way adjustable.
0 = stiffest
6 = softest
6 meaning # of (counterclockwise) turns from full stiff

They're adjustable with an allen key or the adjustment tool that's included. Rears can be adjusted by popping off the plastic rear cover on the rear strut tower bar. Drill a hole through the metal and then stick a long T-handled allen key and voila. Easy as that to adjust the rears. For the fronts just pop the hood.

I set it at "1" for a day or so, pretty uncomfortable (for me). Summertime I left it at "2" and winter time with snow tires I just left them at "3". When I went back to stock to trade in my Z, it felt about the same, but I could tell that the stock rear springs were stiffer than the Tokico springs.

They're a great bang for the buck suspension if you don't want/need coilovers.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:08 PM
pony_killer
Arada ninda apa

Originally Posted by tranceformer95
I had those same dampeners on my 350z, along with the matching tokico d-spec springs. Also had some hotchkis swaybars & SPL endlinks.

They're 7-way adjustable.
0 = stiffest
6 = softest
6 meaning # of (counterclockwise) turns from full stiff

They're adjustable with an allen key or the adjustment tool that's included. Rears can be adjusted by popping off the plastic rear cover on the rear strut tower bar. Drill a hole through the metal and then stick a long T-handled allen key and voila. Easy as that to adjust the rears. For the fronts just pop the hood.

I set it at "1" for a day or so, pretty uncomfortable (for me). Summertime I left it at "2" and winter time with snow tires I just left them at "3". When I went back to stock to trade in my Z, it felt about the same, but I could tell that the stock rear springs were stiffer than the Tokico springs.

They're a great bang for the buck suspension if you don't want/need coilovers.

I had a feelin in order to adjust the rear, the back strut tower cover needed to come off but didn't know you had to drill a small hole. All good, if i ever need to adjust it now I know what to do.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:50 PM
tranceformer95

Originally Posted by pony_killer
I had a feelin in order to adjust the rear, the back strut tower cover needed to come off but didn't know you had to drill a small hole. All good, if i ever need to adjust it now I know what to do.
Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread. Just wanted to clarify that these dampeners are great for the $$$.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:50 PM
singh

^
Hey with those Tokico dampeners and spring combo, did that lower your car any? Wouldn't that be a coilover setup then? Sorry I don't know that much about suspensions..
Old 04-27-2009, 06:17 PM
tranceformer95

Originally Posted by gsingh350Z
^
Hey with those Tokico dampeners and spring combo, did that lower your car any? Wouldn't that be a coilover setup then? Sorry I don't know that much about suspensions..
They're not coilovers, they're are spring and dampener set. The height is NOT adjustable, only the rebound/compression is adjustable. Spring rates are 375 front & rear. Drops about 1.25". Stock spring rates for 04.5+ are 314 front and 427 rear.