Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Stance SUS and basic coil difference?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Stardom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stance SUS and basic coil difference?

Hows it goin fellas, I finally got my suspension on and realized that Stance makes a true coilover and oem style drop
my question is do they both allow the same amount of drop and also how much lower they usually drop after settling ???
thanx for the assitance guys !
Old 05-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Stardom

anyone?
Old 05-04-2009, 11:20 PM
angelzhope720

hey bud, both of the coilovers should offer the same amount of drop. i don't remember how much they "settle," it shouldn't be much. typically OEM shock + aftermarket spring combo settles the most. coilovers don't settle all too much from my experience. they should a little though.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:56 PM
Stardom

Originally Posted by angelzhope720
hey bud, both of the coilovers should offer the same amount of drop. i don't remember how much they "settle," it shouldn't be much. typically OEM shock + aftermarket spring combo settles the most. coilovers don't settle all too much from my experience. they should a little though.
well i took it apart and messed with it and realized that it isnt dropping as low as id like becuz of the factory rubber boot at the top of the spring
i know i could take it out but im sure that it will sacrifice how smooth this thing is riding right now. Is there an aftermarket one that will replace it and not be as thick...???????
Old 05-05-2009, 09:23 AM
Thermal1

Cut some of the material off of the factory rubber mount. Search. Lots of people have done it.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:16 AM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by angelzhope720
From past posts, among the guys that installed the Stance setup and gathered around to praise one another about their dropped to the weeds look,......... most all of them had the truecoilover setup. Pretty sure it will drop lower then the oem style setup. Kinda difficult when Stance doesn't bother to publish drop specs, that would bed the issue.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Stardom

thanx for the help guys im gonna shave the rubber boot, talked to Rick at status and he helped alot, and to answer the question about how much the true coilover and oem drop supposedly its the same at least thats what Stance told me when i asked