Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

ARK Coilover??

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 09:34 AM
ARKperformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
For beginers... where are the articulating upper mounts?
what are you talking about?

I have alot of respect for some of the machine work being done in China/Taiwan. Some manufacturing facilities have state of the art CNC machines on par with any of the best countries on the world and some don't. I have yet to see a descent set of dampers stamped made in Taiwan/Korea/China.
so you've seen great machine work from those countries but have yet to see descent set of dampers from there? im assuming you meant decent.. rephrase it please. your statements contradict eachother.
i didn't come on this forum to bicker back and forth. all i am saying is that these coilovers are unbeatable in its class w/ its pricing. you w/ all your unlimited knowledge seems to be trying to compare KW V3s w/ KW V1s or Tein Monoflexs w/ Tein SSs. If you are satisfied w/ your Zeals then i am more than happy for you but why are you coming in here in hulk mode trying to bash other forum members and products. bit distasteful..

Last edited by ARKperformance; 05-19-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:52 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ARKperformance
We wanted to offer a high quality, cheaper alternative to the HKS exhaust. people jumped at the XO2 exhaust but that exhaust was seriously crap. rusting problems, bent tips, weld cracking, low quality steel, etc. should i go on? what do you really consider quality these day? GReddy w/ their 409 stainless steel exhausts that rust like no other because their on the verge of bankrupcy or is it HKS w/ their mild steel exhausts? JDM JDM JDM!!!!! but why? do you guys really know what goes into making and producing an exhaust. our R&D goes into everything from muffler design, sound control, piping thickness, highest quality stainless steel, flow design, etc. what more did you need?
I could care less about JDM. If i was spending the money on a legit HKS exhaust i would go head and get motordyne's gorgeous piece. But since i cant see myself spending that much money on an exhaust I'll probly go with a bassani. Yes I do know what goes into the R&D for an exhaust(Sorry I dont feel like posting my resume, but I can PM it to you if you honestly care.) I dont knock any of the expensive exhausts, I just wouldnt spend that much money on my 25k car. I'm not rich sorry.

But please explain to me... Exactly how much R&B did ARK perform when they made a carbon copy of HKS' exhaust with an added x-pipe? You even copied the resonator design, did you R&D that yourself? you could have modified just a tad just to be original.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:11 AM
ARKperformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Our DT-S exhaust was made w/ upmost care and quality w/ a lot of R&D but the Grip TD exhaust was an HKS copy w/ better piping, redesigned resonators, and the internals of the muffler were made w/ a new technique to prevent the sound deadening material from bunching on one side after wear and tear which would make other exhausts get louder as years went by.

Originally Posted by 0jiggy0
Yes I do know what goes into the R&D for an exhaust(Sorry I dont feel like posting my resume, but I can PM it to you if you honestly care.)
oh yea 0jiggy0, i wasn't directing that message directly to you. w/ all the going on i might have came on a bit strong to you. my apologies.

Last edited by ARKperformance; 05-19-2009 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:23 AM
0jiggy0

No problem, no hard feelings. I will take a look @ the DT-S as ive never seen it.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:11 PM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what are you talking about?

so you've seen great machine work from those countries but have yet to see descent set of dampers from there? im assuming you meant decent.. rephrase it please. your statements contradict eachother.
i didn't come on this forum to bicker back and forth. all i am saying is that these coilovers are unbeatable in its class w/ its pricing. you w/ all your unlimited knowledge seems to be trying to compare KW V3s w/ KW V1s or Tein Monoflexs w/ Tein SSs. If you are satisfied w/ your Zeals then i am more than happy for you but why are you coming in here in hulk mode trying to bash other forum members and products. bit distasteful..
Why does everything turn into drama on this forum? No one can ask for simple proof about claims being made?

How about you stop making unsubstantiated claims and post up some facts. How can a manufacturer who makes claims like "unbeatable in it's class" not have a dyno sheet. You manufacture dampers don't you? Have you ever put these on a dyno? My guess is not. It's simple just to post them up. I'm guessing your a salesman and your only interest lay with selling your product and making money no matter what it is your selling. We have plenty of those already take your pick. So what it is you have to offer except your opinion?

I'm not here to bicker back and forth either. I'd just like some real information. I'll be around waiting for it. Feel free to post it up whenever your ready.

Articulating upper mounts.... Your springs mount to the top damper mount which is bolted to the chasis and unable to articulate. If it can't adticulate then one side of the spring will load differently than the opposite side causing the spring to bind. You damper shafts are also mounted to the top mount with a rubber/urethane bushing other than making noise these type of mounts cause piston side loading/bending and abnormal seal wear inevitably causing them to leak usually within a year.

How about sending a set to RE engineering. I didn't get a response to that.

Last edited by JETPILOT; 05-19-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:31 PM
style JDM

Why does everything turn into drama on this forum?
i think you are making a drama, don't ya think?

i'm sick and tired of this conversation

i'll just save money and get ZEAL

and EVEYONE GO BUY ZEAL~ YAY~
Old 05-19-2009, 03:39 PM
warmmilk

^ wow, really?

so your ok with having a bunch of manufacturers come on here and make claims that they can't back up and take your money while offering a subpar product?
Old 05-19-2009, 03:57 PM
0jiggy0

Originally Posted by style JDM
i think you are making a drama, don't ya think?

i'm sick and tired of this conversation

i'll just save money and get ZEAL

and EVEYONE GO BUY ZEAL~ YAY~
You are obviously friends with ark or something similair. Jetpilot has asked for legimate info. If some vendor came in claiming they made the best new turbo kit for half the price, everyone would ask for dyno results.

This is EXACTLY the same thing.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:25 PM
style JDM

Originally Posted by 0jiggy0
You are obviously friends with ark or something similair. Jetpilot has asked for legimate info. If some vendor came in claiming they made the best new turbo kit for half the price, everyone would ask for dyno results.

This is EXACTLY the same thing.
of course i would love to see dyno results, and no i am not arks friend but i would love to so i could get it for cheaper. (sorry don't have money these days)
anyways, all i need was some reviews or info regards to coilovers that never heard of before. instead, all of sudden i was introduce to how wonderful zeal coilovers are, and some exhaust that i don't really care about, plus while JETPILOT was stating all other products are junk, he PMed me and offered me a set of used D2 coilovers.

that is why i am sick and tired of listening or reading perhaps.

Last edited by style JDM; 05-19-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:15 PM
ARKperformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Well.. This is all about enthusiasm. Both members shares own opinion about their parts and experience. It is common story from any other forum. But I guess it is all about we experienced from past. We do understand, ARK is new vendor from my350z, lets get to know one step by one step. We won't dissapoint you from our service and quality. If you have any mistrust, please do some other forum seach. such as nsxprime, newtiburon.com, cobaltss.net, and more... And it will be our company definition.

Thanks
Old 05-19-2009, 06:15 PM
JETPILOT

Let's put thing in perspective and not take what I say out of context..... I offered you my set of used D2's that were rebuilt for $450 becasue I would rather see you spend $450 on bad shocks than $800. If you want to lower your car and tell people you have coilovers then any garbage o nthe market will do you just fine.

I honestly don't care what you buy. You wouldn't know the difference between a good set of dampers or junk.

I mentioned ZEAL.... I also mentioned MOTON, Penske, Koni, Bilstien, and many others if you check my past posts. Not a single one of those manufacturers would sell you a set of shocks without doing the heavy R&D and supplying it to you if you ask. Phil at True Choice who modify Koni will talk to you all day long about the dampers he sells.

Sooooo go buy whtever you want... I'll wait for ARK to send their shocks out to an independent testing fascility like RE Engineering so they can back up the info or raise the BS flag. I think it costs like $20 per shock to dyno them. Hardly an expense for a shock manufacturer and a damn cheap way to advertise your product.

People here aren't qualified to do write ups on dampers they buy. You can't evaluate a set of dampers by driving them on the street. Every write up you see here is "I bought these and they are amazing".

I'd like to see this manufacturer back up his claims.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:31 PM
JETPILOT

Here is a good link to someone who has more knowledge about dampers than just about anyone I can think of.

Auto Cross 2 Win

Last edited by JETPILOT; 05-19-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:34 PM
warmmilk

Well.. This is all about enthusiasm. Both members shares own opinion about their parts and experience. It is common story from any other forum. But I guess it is all about we experienced from past. We do understand, ARK is new vendor from my350z, lets get to know one step by one step. We won't dissapoint you from our service and quality. If you have any mistrust, please do some other forum seach. such as nsxprime, newtiburon.com, cobaltss.net, and more... And it will be our company definition.

Thanks
so you're not gonna post dyno's???
Old 05-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i didn't come on this forum to bicker back and forth. all i am saying is that these coilovers are unbeatable in its class w/ its pricing. you w/ all your unlimited knowledge seems to be trying to compare KW V3s w/ KW V1s or Tein Monoflexs w/ Tein SSs.

"unbeatable", in it's class. Wow, that's bold.

1. Correct me if I'm wrong, the only differance in your 350Z products between the DT and ST series is that the DT has pillowball upper mounts and the ST has rubber inserts on the upper mounts, correct?

2. Are your rear springs run in the oem location in the lower control arms, or are they located on the rear dampers (a la truecoilover style)?

Ark DT/ST coilover 350Z
Monotube construction, adjustable damping (16 levels)
Full height adjustablity
Spring rates 672/616

vs

BcRacing BR series 350Z
Monotube construction, adjustable damping (30 levels)
Full height adjustablity
Spring rates 560/448 (rear springs in oem location)

How does ARK DT/ST coilover "beat" the Bcracing BR coilover?

Ark DT/ST coilover 350Z
Monotube construction, adjustable damping (16 levels)
Full height adjustablity
Spring rates 672/616

vs

Stance GR+ coilover 350Z
Monotube construction, adjustable damping (15 levels)
Full height adjustablity
Spring rates 616/560 (oem style rear spring location)

or

Stance GR PRO+ coilover
Monotube construction, adjustable damping (15 levels)
Full height adjustablity
Spring rates 672/280 (true coilover rear, springs on rear damper)

How does the Ark DT/ST coilover "beat" the Stance GR+ or GR PRO+?

Last edited by Gsedan35; 05-19-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:07 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by warmmilk
To be of value, we would need to see more then one.

Full soft

1 click up from full soft to see adjuster sensitivity.

half stiff to see how settings change from full soft.

full stiff to see how settings change from the other settings.

1 click down from full stiff to see adjuster sensitivity.

Also, hysteresis loops for full soft, half stiff and full stiff.

all runs 1ips to 10ips, force levels in lbs.

And dampers run have to be from the 350Z application, not some other application.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:25 PM
Highwind

Wow this is still going on? Can I get specs on some other coilovers also. With all the talk you are doing, you should send your Coilovers over to RE Engineering so we can go off their specs. Im sure they are great coilovers but I want to see proof.

Same Concept right? Or you can contact Zeal (endless) if sure they have some laying around.

Let's put thing in perspective and not take what I say out of context..... I offered you my set of used D2's that were rebuilt for $450 becasue I would rather see you spend $450 on bad shocks than $800. If you want to lower your car and tell people you have coilovers then any garbage o nthe market will do you just fine.

I honestly don't care what you buy. You wouldn't know the difference between a good set of dampers or junk.

I mentioned ZEAL.... I also mentioned MOTON, Penske, Koni, Bilstien, and many others if you check my past posts. Not a single one of those manufacturers would sell you a set of shocks without doing the heavy R&D and supplying it to you if you ask. Phil at True Choice who modify Koni will talk to you all day long about the dampers he sells.

Sooooo go buy whtever you want... I'll wait for ARK to send their shocks out to an independent testing fascility like RE Engineering so they can back up the info or raise the BS flag. I think it costs like $20 per shock to dyno them. Hardly an expense for a shock manufacturer and a damn cheap way to advertise your product.

People here aren't qualified to do write ups on dampers they buy. You can't evaluate a set of dampers by driving them on the street. Every write up you see here is "I bought these and they are amazing".

I'd like to see this manufacturer back up his claims.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:47 PM
JETPILOT

Originally Posted by Highwind
Wow this is still going on? Can I get specs on some other coilovers also. With all the talk you are doing, you should send your Coilovers over to RE Engineering so we can go off their specs. Im sure they are great coilovers but I want to see proof.

Same Concept right? Or you can contact Zeal (endless) if sure they have some laying around.
This is the phone number for Endless USA (714) 847-0694. Ask for Dominic (Dom). He can provide you with whatever information you would like.

As for my shock dyno on my ZEAL's.... I recently upgraded to windows Vista 64 and my scanner won't work as there are no drivers for it. But a Force Vs. Absolute velocity was included along with the shocks serial numbers. The chances of me making a trip to an office store to scan it are next to zero. I deal with a damper builder here in FL that is close by, but I didn't send them to him before installing them as I trusted ZEAL. The dampers will be off the car sometime in December and I will be sending them out to Finish Line Racing for inspection and a dyno. I will be glad to post up the information then. But Dominic will help you out.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:12 AM
ARKperformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by warmmilk
no we completely agree w/ you guys on that. were looking for a dyno in this area because the place JETPILOT recommended is on the other side of the country. any recommendations for local shops in socal?

Last edited by ARKperformance; 05-20-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:39 AM
JETPILOT

I respect your decision to have these evaluated. Get the springs dyno'd as well. I hope you post up the results.

Try these guys... NAAKE
Old 05-20-2009, 11:01 AM
style JDM

can't wait to see the results

Quick Reply: ARK Coilover??